Daylight Savings Time

Frank

Is it my imagination, or did IllinoisCarry.com forget to Spring Forward?

All the post times seem to be an hour behind. I checked my settings: Central time zone, automatically adjust for DST.

The times are even off in Tapatalk.

-- Frank

ETA: Never mind, it looks right now. Maybe I was seeing things.

It was the matrix. There was a power outage and everything was reset by 02.121222 seconds.

Is it my imagination, or did IllinoisCarry.com forget to Spring Forward?

All the post times seem to be an hour behind. I checked my settings: Central time zone, automatically adjust for DST.

The times are even off in Tapatalk.

-- Frank

ETA: Never mind, it looks right now. Maybe I was seeing things.

It was the matrix. There was a power outage and everything was reset by 02.121222 seconds.

Really? I was all set to blame the damn Mayans!

I'm for elimating DLS time. IMHO it's stupid

Amen to that! (Of course is has nothing to do with site support), but I'm in full agreement! DST does nothing but mess up everyone's internal clocks twice a year for no benefit. It actually has a measurable negative health impact, causing more heart attacks: http://utdailybeacon.com/opinion/columns/busy-nothings/2012/mar/12/dst-causes-health-related-issues/, http://heartdisease.about.com/od/heartattack/a/DST_MI.htm

AGREED We are no longer an agriculturely based society. It is such a pain and results in messed up sleep schedules twice a year. Let's just end it.

And, agriculture no longer depends on daylight to get field work done. There's more candlepower on most tractors and combines now that you'll find on a 747 on approach!! I've always thought that DST only serves those that can't get out of bed in the morning and take advantage of the natural daylight!!

T

I agree to get rid of DST, but don't blame it on farmers. It was started to "save energy" and instituted during the world war. Originally it was called Standard War Time or Pacific War time etc. Historical posters show Uncle Sam in bed and under it is the caption, "Wake up U.S. your enemies have been awake for an hour already."

That said, savings time doesn't save any energy, but it does make it easier for the Chicago bangers to shoot at each other.

Archived