For those who have Appealed and Prevailed

IronSam

I applied for my ccl in July 2015 w/prints and was denied August 2015 initially because supposedly (WHICH WAS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE) I answered the first 5 questions yes on the application. These are the statements verbatim of what I "answered yes" to:

1. I have been, within the 5 years preceeding the date of my application, been convicted of a battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or a substantially similar offense in which a firearm was used or possessed.

2.I indicated that I have been convicted of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense.

3.I indicated that I have been found guilty of a felony.

4.I indicated that I am currently the subject of an existing Order of Protection or No Contact/No Stalking Order.

5.I indicated that I have been adjudicated a delinquent minor for the commission of an offense that if committed by an adult would be a felony.

Why would I even apply for a ccl if any of this was the case? How could I have a valid FOID? Another thing is that I know for a fact that if you do answer yes to anything that would disqualify you, the application stops. Never could I understand why this happened but I had to get 5 affidavits, stating that "I" made the mistake when applying, get them notarized and fax them over. Well after a little over a year, which in "appeal waiting time" feel like 5 years, I have FINALLY went active as of yesterday. This whole ordeal was a bunch of (excuse my french) bull****! I feel for those who have invested money on prints and other things in hopes of getting the process expedited and also getting whats legally yours. Obviously and boldly being denied your rights. Anyway sorry for venting but this just pisses me off but I'm happy at the same time that its finally over....

Good on you! Sorry for the wait, but welcome to the club!

I applied for my ccl in July 2015 w/prints and was denied August 2015 initially because supposedly (WHICH WAS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE) I answered the first 5 questions yes on the application. These are the statements verbatim of what I "answered yes" to:

1. I have been, within the 5 years preceeding the date of my application, been convicted of a battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or a substantially similar offense in which a firearm was used or possessed.

2.I indicated that I have been convicted of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense.

3.I indicated that I have been found guilty of a felony.

4.I indicated that I am currently the subject of an existing Order of Protection or No Contact/No Stalking Order.

5.I indicated that I have been adjudicated a delinquent minor for the commission of an offense that if committed by an adult would be a felony.

Why would I even apply for a ccl if any of this was the case? How could I have a valid FOID? Another thing is that I know for a fact that if you do answer yes to anything that would disqualify you, the application stops. Never could I understand why this happened but I had to get 5 affidavits, stating that "I" made the mistake when applying, get them notarized and fax them over. Well after a little over a year, which in "appeal waiting time" feel like 5 years, I have FINALLY went active as of yesterday. This whole ordeal was a bunch of (excuse my french) bull****! I feel for those who have invested money on prints and other things in hopes of getting the process expedited and also getting whats legally yours. Obviously and boldly being denied your rights. Anyway sorry for venting but this just pisses me off but I'm happy at the same time that its finally over....

Good on you! Sorry for the wait, but welcome to the club!

Thanks much kind sir! It definitely feels good but will feel even better once the hard plastic is in my possession. I keep checking the site because for some crazy reason I feel like I'm dreaming and it's gonna flip back to "under board review."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

By the way, this is what I spent some of the saved attorney fees on. I just picked it up today. Springfield XD-9 Mod.2[/size]

attachicon.gifSpringfield_XD-9_Mod.21.jpg[/size]

Hey, BRM, I am going through the appeal process right now. I had a question for you, after you have received your FOID card and you go to buy a gun, they obviously run a background check when you do. Did you still select "Yes" for having to have been convicted of a Felony in the past? If so, were you ever denied a firearm sale as a result? What's the firearm buying process after winning an Appeal? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

My "Appeal under review" status will reach 1 year and 4 months this coming Monday. I submitted an appeal December 10, 2015 after the 5 year mark of completion of alcohol classes from a DUI in 2010. I emailed ISP January 25, 2017 to which I got the response:"Sorry. You are still in the review process. I am forwarding your email to the supervisor hoping to get some action.You will be notified when a final decision has been made." So apparently the "review process" takes over a year for something like this. If anyone that has any luck has any advice, I would love to hear it.

Archived