Reached out to OakBrook Mall about no carry

MattW

I have noticed in the news that OakBrook mall has been a victim of armed robberies at their stores. I also noticed no carry signs posted around the parking lot and entrances to the parking lots of the mall.

As I was walking into the mall two days ago there was a sign "questions or comments- text us". So I did.

http://i.imgur.com/Hl7BxCb.png

http://i.imgur.com/6JHK341.png

I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

This is the email I just sent to them:

I came to Oak Brook Center and saw that you have posted "No Guns" signs. I was not happy that you have chosen to treat me, and other law abiding citizens who have gone through training and background checks to receive a concealed carry license, as unwelcome in your environment. Combining this with the reality that there have been criminal events at your location, I refuse to put myself into a potentially dangerous situation while being denied the basic right of self defense. I will not be returning to your business until and if you decide to end this foolish and counterproductive policy. I don't pose any danger to you or your customers and I am saddened that my wife and I will no longer shop with you.

Yep it works. Just sent them my personal experiences at their mall and a request to take down the sign. If several people hit them up with this complaint in a short period of time, it may get them to rethink their policy. If you have 1 min to spare, it doesn't take long to write a simple polite request on that page.

Send a postcard to each shop in the mall and let them know you will be shopping at alternative locations outside the mall due to the policy. Mall shops are generally franchise locations of larger retailers, often have pretty thin margins, and there are usually alternative locations of the same store nearby to shop at. Walking in and handing out cards negates your argument, it means you will walk around an unsafe environment and you just want to make your point. If the shop owners / franchisees realize they are losing business to other locations due to the policy, they'll complain to the mall management company and get it changed, perhaps even threaten to vote with their feet.

The mall management company cares only about the money they collect in rent from the shop owners and keeping their expenses low. If you could get a lot of negative publicity generated about them being a GFZ, that may be one thing, but individual complaints are likely to be filed in the circle cabinet below the desk. The mall management company isn't sending your complaint to the store you would have shopped at.

What's their email?

This

http://www.oakbrookcenter.com/contact-us

This work?

Thank you for satisfying my laziness. :D

I sent them a very polite email saying I liked their mall, then explained why the 'no gun' actually lessens safety since it only criminalizes people w/ background check and training

mentioned the aurora shooter and how he went to a CPZ to shoot up the place.

told them i liked the mall otherwise (but would not be coming back any more) and thanked them for reading my feedback.

told them I can go to Apple store, Macy's, etc etc elsewhere in Chicago that don't have the signs.

told them I'd come back if they change their stance.

also told them about the last time i was on their property when there was an armed robbery (true story)

others should do the same

Keep it as private as possible. If the Anti's hear about it, or if the mall switches their policy and the Anti's find out, you can bet they'll be out demonstrating and threatening a boycott, with CBS 2, NBC 5, ABC 7 and WGN all reporting it ad nauseum to further their lefty agenda. Every time you make an online purchase for something available in the mall, email them a copy of the receipt, along with an explanation of WHY you chose to shop online.

Archived