Indiana Man Charged in Federal Court With Illegally Selling Dozens of Guns in the Chicago Area

EdDinIL

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/indiana-man-charged-federal-court-illegally-selling-dozens-guns-chicago-area

CHICAGO — An Indiana man has been charged with a federal firearm offense for allegedly illegally selling dozens of handguns and assault rifles in the Chicago area.

WAYNE ADAM TUCKER, 55, of Albion, Ind., is charged with one count of dealing firearms without a license, and one count of distribution of a controlled substance. A criminal complaint unsealed Monday in federal court in Chicago accuses Tucker of selling 39 guns on four occasions from April 2019 to February 2020. Three of the alleged sales occurred in south suburban Dolton, while one deal was allegedly conducted in Hammond, Ind. Unbeknownst to Tucker, the buyer in all of the deals was confidentially working on behalf of law enforcement, the complaint states.

I wasn't sure if this should go here or just the Back Room. The original complaint in PDF form can be found at the link. Firearm trafficking legalities aside, what bothers me about this is the language of the complaint that calls ARs "assault rifles". When I read the initial news blurb, I though it was just media spin, but the actual complaint, presumably written by Federal attorneys, uses the same wording.

Archived