Did you all hear Pritzker’s press briefing today? The question about gun sales was asked

steveTA84

Fell out of my chair.

No kidding! My jaw dropped. My wife said “it’s because he doesn’t want to be sued and it isn’t the time or place to play gun politics”. I think she’s right, but still I’ll give praise to Jabba for NOT going the route other governors did

I hope you’re right. This is certainly not the time to pull a Rahm Emanuel and take advantage of a crisis.

Fell out of my chair.

No kidding! My jaw dropped. My wife said “it’s because he doesn’t want to be sued and it isn’t the time or place to play gun politics”. I think she’s right, but still I’ll give praise to Jabba for NOT going the route other governors did

I hope you’re right. This is certainly not the time to pull a Rahm Emanuel and take advantage of a crisis.

He said if himself. He deemed them essential for people that want to protect themselves and for people that are hunting

Two words:

Blue Island

Two Words:

Ka Trina

For those who do not remember the mayor of New Orleans ordered confiscation of firearms during Katrina.

The city was successfully sued by the SAF and NRA.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27087738/ns/us_news-life/t/nra-settle-suit-over-katrina-gun-seizures/#.XoZNUoOSmUk

Fell out of my chair.

Praise the political advisor that told him which way the wind was blowing.

https://livestream.com/blueroomstream/events/9056300

..."We wanted to make sure that people had the ability to protect themselves if they needed to There are a number of things that I think one person might not consider essential and somebody else would consider essential. But it was just something that we felt would be important. I think there were quite a lot of people downstate who felt like they'd like the opportunity at least to be able to buy ammunition, or something else because they might want to go hunting by themselves, or to protect themselves."...

https://livestream.com/blueroomstream/events/9056300

..."We wanted to make sure that people had the ability to protect themselves if they needed to There are a number of things that I think one person might not consider essential and somebody else would consider essential. But it was just something that we felt would be important. I think there were quite a lot of people downstate who felt like they'd like the opportunity at least to be able to buy ammunition, or something else because they might want to go hunting by themselves, or to protect themselves."...

At about 32:45

Two words:

Blue Island

Two Words:

Ka Trina

For those who do not remember the mayor of New Orleans ordered confiscation of firearms during Katrina.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27087738/ns/us_news-life/t/nra-settle-suit-over-katrina-gun-seizures/#.XoZNUoOSmUk

The anti's say it wasn't a confiscation because not everyone's gun got confiscated, just some, and some of those confiscations were from visiting LEOs and quartered troops...

Two words:

Blue Island

Two Words:

Ka Trina

Katrina sure showed how kind people are to each other during disasters and when supplies become low.

I don't know nothin' 'bout Blue Island, but I was at Katrina for 6 weeks.

Everyone there did everything they could and a bit more. Just like we all do in similar times.

A few were not so capable. A few profited off of the peril of others.

It is truly amazing to be among folks working together... and a shame it takes a disaster to let it happen.

This is our natural human way, helping each other. A huge triumph.

If you were not there... you may never disparage any who were.

True story, I was in NOLA shortly after Katrina as we had a vacation booked a year in advance, anyway when shooting small talk with one of the swamp boat captains, he was pointing out the 'extra' holes and stuff in his boat where they had mounted a hoist to pluck full 55 gallon drums of whatever out of the bayou when he and his boat were commandeered, he said they spent weeks doing that from sunrise to sunset 7 days a week hundreds of barrels of chemicals and who knows what... He then went on to talk about another task he did while commandeered, one being prisoner transport early on, he told us that it was him, one guard and about a dozen inmates on the boat and he said the first day doing it the 'guard' pulled him aside and said "If things go South you are on your own because my AR15 and sidearm are all for show, I'm not allowed to carry ammo during these transports"

Two words:

Blue Island

Two Words:

Ka Trina

The anti's say it wasn't a confiscation because not everyone's gun got confiscated, just some, and some of those confiscations were from visiting LEOs and quartered troops...

Thought just to be clear to those antis, it was only the City of New Orleans that was sued.

Archived