• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 TRJ

Esse quam videri

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8,816 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:12 AM

https://twitter.com/...973723720396808

The linked video is the audio of Mike Bloomberg's 2015 Aspen Institute speech where he goes on a rant about minority kids and guns. The actual video was taken down previously, but the audio made it back up.

Someone needs to record this before it goes away again.

#2 TRJ

Esse quam videri

• 8,816 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

And to ice the cake, here's racist Mike on a different show.

https://twitter.com/...184459990040576

#3 seanc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:29 AM

suckatgoverning-471x600.jpg

"Senator if we figure out a way to make criminals obey the law, then you'll be my first call"

#4 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:31 AM

"Michael Bloomberg representatives have asked the Aspen Institute not to distribute footage of his recent appearance in Aspen"

Typical to shut down the info.  

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#5 chicagoresident

• Members
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:33 PM

The MSM lefty media is already doing it
https://slate.com/ne...sk-policing.amp

Funny how this clip has been well known by us pro 2A people since it first came out, now the rest of the world is finally taking it seriously. Maybe theyll finally take seriously that all their gun control legislation they push mostly locks up black and brown minorities, not their avowed enemy, the rural American.

Edited by chicagoresident, 11 February 2020 - 12:35 PM.

#6 seanc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:14 PM

I'm not sure if the following story should be in the Virginia post or anti-Bloomberg:

Bloomberg skips opening of northern Virginia campaign office due to overwhelming presence of 2A supporters:

https://www.thetruth...-control-event/

As is typical of protests from the right, they were respectful and the police appreciated their courteousness. This is how you win!

"Senator if we figure out a way to make criminals obey the law, then you'll be my first call"

#7 burningspear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

I would never vote for Michael Bloomberg. I would rather vote for (hold your nose) Hilary Clinton.

#8 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 4,319 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:42 PM

Wait, that's NEWS? That's been widely known, Bloomberg's racist dislike of minorities having firearms, even over that of "regular" people having firearms, just like Daley I was a racist Irish guy from Bridgeport who didn't want "coloreds" to have firearms, and even colluded with LBJ about it, thus why we have the FOID card.

Essentially, if it is a wealthy politician who is for social equality, they want to be armed, have scary minorities disarmed, and have regular people be disarmed, but they and their fellow governing elites need to be protected by armed guards due to their special nature.

And I say this as a left-leaning libertarian, who believes that the average person is supposed to be armed to such an extent that the government and any elites who might suppress their rights, including the right to free speech, freedom from persecution, and the right to access private services such as abortion, live in mortal terror that if they annoy the population sufficiently that their fate will to be removed from power and influence with extreme prejudice.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#9 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:55 PM

I'm going to predict Super Tuesday will be horrible for lil' mikey.

He will do horrible in South Carolina first  :laugh:

Wonder how he has built such a huge national staff in record time? He pays them well above the going rate, gives them free iPhones, free laptops, and guarantees job through the general election whether he is the nominee or not.

Nobody likes the guy, not even his staff.

I wonder if Michael Douglas showed up in Madison, WI the day after his father's funeral for free?

https://isthmus.com/...y-is-no-object/

Isthmus spoke to one recently hired Bloomberg campaign staffer who asked to remain anonymous so as not to “lose the best job I’ve ever had.” 

“I didn’t come into this as the biggest Bloomberg fan, he is growing on me. I’m not saying I’m not bought and paid for,” says the anonymous staffer. “He’s a billionaire. What he spends on this race he’s not going to miss. I’m a big supporter of his jobs plan for me.” 

Isthmus confirmed salary details with online job postings for the Bloomberg campaign in other states, as well as with a source who was offered a regional director job in Wisconsin but ultimately turned it down. Field organizers, who are organizing canvasses and tabling events, are being paid $6,000 a month. More senior level positions like communication managers and office directors are receiving salaries closer to $10,000 a month. 

Former leadership for the Democratic Party of Wisconsin is also jumping on the Bloomberg boat. Brandon Weathersby, former communications director for the state party, is Bloomberg’s press secretary for Wisconsin. Mike Tate, former state chair for the Dems, confirms he’s a senior advisor for the campaign.

Isthmus spoke with six people, all with experience working for campaigns in Wisconsin, who affirm that Bloomberg is paying staffers well above market rate and having a noticeable effect on the state campaigns of other presidential candidates, as well as races down the ballot; this is especially true in Milwaukee, which has competitive races for mayor and county executive the same day as the presidential primary on April 7. 

One veteran campaign staffer, on condition of anonymity, told Isthmus Bloomberg is paying “top dollar.” Another put it like this: “[Bloomberg] is paying a **** ton. Enough to make people forget he’s a former Republican.” 

Heather Colburn, the state director for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign in Wisconsin, isn’t working for the Bloomberg campaign in 2020. But she estimates the former New York City mayor is paying $2,000-$2,500 more a month for entry level staffers, an amount that just can’t be matched by other candidates. 

In addition to above-market pay, campaign staffers are also being given iPhone 11s and Apple laptops that they get to keep if they work on the campaign through November. Promises that these well paying jobs will last through the entire election helped sell the gig to the anonymous staffer Isthmus spoke with. 

“I’m going to get paid whether [Bloomberg] is the nominee or not. We have all been promised our jobs will continue through November whoever the Democratic nominee ends up being,” says the staffer. “I’ve never had a job where they tell you, ‘Your brand new iPhone is on the way.’ It's insane.”

#10 papa

• Members
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

I would never vote for Michael Bloomberg. I would rather vote for (hold your nose) Hilary Clinton.

If those were the only two choices , I would write in Micky Mouse.  

#11 springfield shooter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:03 PM

I'm going to predict Super Tuesday will be horrible for lil' mikey.

He will do horrible in South Carolina first  :laugh:

Wonder how he has built such a huge national staff in record time? He pays them well above the going rate, gives them free iPhones, free laptops, and guarantees job through the general election whether he is the nominee or not.

Nobody likes the guy, not even his staff.

I wonder if Michael Douglas showed up in Madison, WI the day after his father's funeral for free?

https://isthmus.com/...y-is-no-object/

Isthmus spoke to one recently hired Bloomberg campaign staffer who asked to remain anonymous so as not to “lose the best job I’ve ever had.” 

“I didn’t come into this as the biggest Bloomberg fan, he is growing on me. I’m not saying I’m not bought and paid for,” says the anonymous staffer. “He’s a billionaire. What he spends on this race he’s not going to miss. I’m a big supporter of his jobs plan for me.” 

Isthmus confirmed salary details with online job postings for the Bloomberg campaign in other states, as well as with a source who was offered a regional director job in Wisconsin but ultimately turned it down. Field organizers, who are organizing canvasses and tabling events, are being paid $6,000 a month. More senior level positions like communication managers and office directors are receiving salaries closer to $10,000 a month. 

Former leadership for the Democratic Party of Wisconsin is also jumping on the Bloomberg boat. Brandon Weathersby, former communications director for the state party, is Bloomberg’s press secretary for Wisconsin. Mike Tate, former state chair for the Dems, confirms he’s a senior advisor for the campaign.

Isthmus spoke with six people, all with experience working for campaigns in Wisconsin, who affirm that Bloomberg is paying staffers well above market rate and having a noticeable effect on the state campaigns of other presidential candidates, as well as races down the ballot; this is especially true in Milwaukee, which has competitive races for mayor and county executive the same day as the presidential primary on April 7. 

One veteran campaign staffer, on condition of anonymity, told Isthmus Bloomberg is paying “top dollar.” Another put it like this: “[Bloomberg] is paying a **** ton. Enough to make people forget he’s a former Republican.” 

Heather Colburn, the state director for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign in Wisconsin, isn’t working for the Bloomberg campaign in 2020. But she estimates the former New York City mayor is paying $2,000-$2,500 more a month for entry level staffers, an amount that just can’t be matched by other candidates. 

In addition to above-market pay, campaign staffers are also being given iPhone 11s and Apple laptops that they get to keep if they work on the campaign through November. Promises that these well paying jobs will last through the entire election helped sell the gig to the anonymous staffer Isthmus spoke with. 

“I’m going to get paid whether [Bloomberg] is the nominee or not. We have all been promised our jobs will continue through November whoever the Democratic nominee ends up being,” says the staffer. “I’ve never had a job where they tell you, ‘Your brand new iPhone is on the way.’ It's insane.”

I wonder if Bloomberg is paying payroll taxes on these salaries? Or if his people are "independent contractors"? And if they are, if they will be paying their quarterly estimated taxes to the Feds, and as appropriate to the various states?

"I can't spare this man. He fights."  Abraham Lincoln

#12 chicagoresident

• Members
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:31 PM

Some of you retirees could sign up for the Bloomberg campaign and do some wrecking.

#13 steveTA84

• 6,561 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:12 PM

Some of you retirees could sign up for the Bloomberg campaign and do some wrecking.

Please god, some of you here do it. Sabotage from within

#14 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:41 AM

Hmm. Not a bad idea.

#15 PeepSight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:25 AM

Please god, some of you here do it. Sabotage from within

Seriously.  :ninja:

#16 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:47 PM

If those were the only two choices, I would write in Micky Mouse.

"Bugs Bunny" would be better.  Look at all the times he outwitted his opponents.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#17 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:27 AM

Sounds like lil' mikey can pack 'em in.

https://www.npr.org/...-to-get-it-done

Bloomberg's attacks on Trump elicited cheers from packed houses in coffee shops, community centers, music clubs and even a train station in cities including Chattanooga, Tenn., Nashville, Tenn., Winston-Salem, N.C., Greensboro, N.C., and Raleigh, N.C.

#18 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:06 AM

Latest rumor(?)...

Bloomturd is considering Hillary Clinton for vice president running mate.

(how soon would Hitlery put in a take out order at the Suicide Hot line?)

#19 soundguy

• 6,660 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:14 PM

The thing about Bloomberg that I like;

He's paying all of his campaign folks through the election in November and has promised to support the eventual nominee. When he doesn't get the DNC nomination, he is likely to keep his substantial election machine in place to promote and support the nominee. 

I would love to see Bloomberg wipe the debate floor with Trump... but I don't think Bloomberg will be the nominee.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#20 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

You know what I like about Bloomberg

NOTHING

Edited by THE KING, 15 February 2020 - 12:54 PM.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#21 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

He's paying all of his campaign folks through the election in November and has promised to support the eventual nominee. When he doesn't get the DNC nomination, he is likely to keep his substantial election machine in place to promote and support the nominee. 

I would love to see Bloomberg wipe the debate floor with Trump... but I don't think Bloomberg will be the nominee.

You do know that any Democrat President will appoint justices who will overturn Heller, don't you? Do you really hate Trump more than you want the right to keep and bear arms?

"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#22 papa

• Members
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

You know what I like about Bloomberg

NOTHING

Like , like , like , like , like .....etc. :laugh:

#23 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:40 PM

He gets a few hundred people here and there to show up for the free food and they say things like this:

https://www.nytimes....paign-cash.html

The fanfare has also drawn some who don’t plan to vote for the billionaire. “Don’t get me wrong, I like Mike Bloomberg,” said Ramon Vivas, who attended Mr. Bloomberg’s Miami rally in January and wore one of the free shirts bearing that message, along with two Bloomberg buttons. “But I don’t think he’s going to get the nomination, and I support Bernie.

#24 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 21,264 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

A few posts that strayed a little from the Bloomberg topic have been removed.

#25 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:18 PM

I would love to see Bloomberg wipe the debate floor with Trump

I'm searching, but can't find any debate Bloomberg has even been in if any.

#26 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:23 PM

I would love to see Bloomberg wipe the debate floor with Trump

I'm searching, but can't find any debate Bloomberg has even been in if any.

I predict his numbers go down after he debates. He has the charisma of a can of paint.

"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#27 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:45 PM

Bloomberg thinks he knows even more about farming than he knows about guns: https://twitter.com/...518467776761856

Edited by chislinger, 16 February 2020 - 08:45 PM.

#28 billzfx4

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:23 AM

Bloomberg thinks he knows even more about farming than he knows about guns: https://twitter.com/...518467776761856

Spreading manure, Yes. Farming, maybe not so much!
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#29 Colt guy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM

his objective ia not to be President. His objective is to buy as many poiticians local and national with his billions so they will be beholding to him and his aganda.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users