Photo

Looking forward to warmer weather for training

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 d_tierne1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

I know of a few places Black flag, Fortress Defense, Alpha Koncepts, Who else is out there?I would like to take around 1 to 2 classes a month once the weather warms up a little.

#2 gLockedandLoaded

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

Man I wish I had your time and $. 

Go to Tennessee and take a class at Valor Ridge with Reid Henrichs so I can be even more jealous.

#3 vactor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

living in chicago it's hard to find any pistol training within a reasonable drive (3 hours or less). ugh.

Forty Two

#4 BIGDEESUL

• Members
  • 7,040 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:30 AM

living in chicago it's hard to find any pistol training within a reasonable drive (3 hours or less). ugh.

We're right in Park Ridge and glenview. Stick with Black Flag and you can't go wrong.

Most of our defensive and advanced coursework is at out private range about a 45 minute drive west of the city.

And don't fret. Our indoor simunitions training is coming soon. Very soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Supporting member
NRA Endowment Member

IALEFI Member/Instructor
Certified Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
NRA certified Pistol Instructor
NRA certified Personal Protection Inside The Home Instructor

NRA certified Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor
NRA certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor

#5 d_tierne1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:44 PM

We're right in Park Ridge and glenview. Stick with Black Flag and you can't go wrong.

Most of our defensive and advanced coursework is at out private range about a 45 minute drive west of the city.

I plan on taking a class from everyone I listed this year. And it's not about time and money, it is about having the drive to do it. Make the time to do it and don't spend money on things not needed to pay for training classes. 

#6 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8,088 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:41 PM

Lots of opportunities at ASC, check the club calendar

http://www.aurorasc.org/club-calendar

#7 BrntWS6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Go to Tennessee and take a class at Valor Ridge with Reid Henrichs so I can be even more jealous.

I plan on moving to Tennessee in the next couple years, would love to take one of his classes. I'll skip James yeagers place.

NRA life Member
ISRA Member

#8 ChrisS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:09 AM

Definitely hope to get in on some force-on-force training. Also want to start getting into some carbine... And of course more pistol. :D

#9 gLockedandLoaded

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

I plan on taking a class from everyone I listed this year. And it's not about time and money, it is about having the drive to do it. Make the time to do it and don't spend money on things not needed to pay for training classes.

I take it you have never been married with small children as well as a business owner.

#10 DRugerH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

I found a place I'm going to be taking defensive training from in May at Trigger Farm near Newark, IL.  A little over one hour drive from me.  Sort of half way between me and Starved Rock.   Take the class in the morning, and go hiking in the afternoon.  Can't get much better than that.

It's a 3-hour class at $50.  Seemed like a decent place.  I figured for the money, why not give it a shot (no pun intended).

Dan

#11 speedbump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

Come on down fellas. We've had a bunch of Illinoisans ... including a couple of Chicago PD guys who paid their own way.:-)

JJ

Edited by speedbump, 25 November 2016 - 08:57 AM.

"J.J., you are an anomaly !" ~Mike Rowe~ aka: Mr. Molly

#12 bcook619

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

Will you let a slacker like me into one of your classes JJ? Need to sign up for one once it warms up.

#13 speedbump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

Will you let a slacker like me into one of your classes JJ? Need to sign up for one once it warms up.

Of course, you knucklehead! I'll translate Metro Eastian into Tennessee Hillbillian. ;-)
"J.J., you are an anomaly !" ~Mike Rowe~ aka: Mr. Molly