Photo

CCW Safe wins court case for concealed carrier charged with murder.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

This is a story written when the case was rested - It tells a little more about what the police thought and what witnesses said.  Note the fact the Prosecutor didn't like that the 'story' didn't  match the evidence - and the defense said the shooter was in shock at the time of the interview.  DON'T Talk to police without a couple of sleep cycles... it's what the police do.  If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

State rests its case in biker murder trial

ETA - I see InterestedBystander ^^^^ beat me to the punch with the second story :) 

In short...

If you're involved in a shooting, announce to the dispatcher that you're a CCW licensee and that you shot someone in self-defense, then don't do or say anything until you can talk to your lawyer? But sign the police complaint anyway?
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#32 stm

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

This is a story written when the case was rested - It tells a little more about what the police thought and what witnesses said.  Note the fact the Prosecutor didn't like that the 'story' didn't  match the evidence - and the defense said the shooter was in shock at the time of the interview.  DON'T Talk to police without a couple of sleep cycles... it's what the police do.  If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

ETA - I see InterestedBystander ^^^^ beat me to the punch with the second story :) 

In short...
If you're involved in a shooting, announce to the dispatcher that you're a CCW licensee and that you shot someone in self-defense, then don't do or say anything until you can talk to your lawyer? But sign the police complaint anyway?

"Officer, I was attacked and forced to defend myself. Here are the witnesses, there is the evidence. You will have my complete cooperation after I speak to my attorney."

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#33 Hipshot Percussion

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

In short...

"Officer, I was attacked and forced to defend myself. Here are the witnesses, there is the evidence. You will have my complete cooperation after I speak to my attorney."

+1  I forgot the 'speak with my attorney part' - kinda might want to remember that part :)

“I have fought the good fight to the end; I have run the race to the finish: I have kept the faith."  Timothy Chapter 4 verse 7

"Legitimate self-defense has absolutely nothing to do with the criminal misuse of guns."   Gerald Vernon, veteran firearms instructor

New Gunner Journal

#34 Draal

• Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

I use Second Call Defense.  They stress the same thing.  You're not going to remember things right after the shooting.  You're mouth is going to feel compelled to explain everything.  Just keep it simple and  stfu.  Cops get time to gather their thoughts; so should we.

#35 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,861 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Here are some updates and videos on this case, from CCW Safe:

https://ccwsafe.com/...-stephen-maddox

http://www.wral.com/...video/16856358/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R66IcvTAW9U

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 14 August 2017 - 03:28 PM.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#36 WitchDoctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

It is a shame that we have to consider purchasing such policies.

I carry one.

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

3/504 P.I.R Blue Devil

25 years US Army

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

#37 ChicagoRonin70

• 2,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

Here is a case summary from CCW, detailing what transpired and what the defender did and should have done:

https://ccwsafe.com/blog/23107

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#38 OldMarineVet

• 1,952 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

thanks, ChicagoRonin. Very informative.

#39 ChicagoRonin70

• 2,861 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

thanks, ChicagoRonin. Very informative.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if stories like this never had to happen in the first place?

Gb1XExdm.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users