Updates On Attempts to Ban Semi-Auto Firearms

Molly B.

Updates From This Past Week's Attempts to Ban Semi-Auto Firearms

BANNOCKBURN - NO BAN
BARTLETT - NO BAN
BATAVIA -NO BAN
BERWYN - NO BAN
BUFFALO GROVE -Banned machine guns, still waiting on language concerning Cook Co. ban.
Calumet Park??
Chicago - Passed Ban
Clarendon Hills-NO BAN
Country Club Hills - Vote deferred, indications at meeting that ban will not pass.
Darien - NO BAN
Deerfield - NO BAN passed a "safe storage/transportation ordinance - modified to include a ban - currently appealed to IL Supreme Court.
Dolton - passed ban
Evanston- Passed modifed ban
Evergreen Park - NO BAN
Flossmoor - NO BAN
Gurnee -NO BAN
Hainesville - NO BAN!
Hanover Park - NO BAN!
Highland Park - BAN PASSED - ordinance text here
Homewood - AWB repealed
Island Lake - NO BAN.
Lake Forest - NO BAN - motion remained tabled
Lake Zurich - NO BAN
Lincolnwood - NO BAN!
Marengo- NO BAN
Melrose Park - BAN PASSED
Mettawa - NO BAN -
Morton Grove- transportation/safe storage??
North Chicago - BAN PASSED
Orland Park - NO BAN
Oswego- NO BAN
Park Ridge - NO BAN
Richmond - NO BAN
River Forest - NO BAN
Riverdale - passed ban
Skokie - BAN PASSED
St.Charles - NO BAN
Steger -NO BAN
Stickney - NO Ban
University Park - NO BAN safe storage ordinance passed - listed firearms must be locked or locked up when not being carried by lawfully authorized person - ordinance text.
Waukegan - NO BAN
West Chicago - NO BAN
Western Springs - NO BAN
Westmont - NO BAN
Wheeling - NO BAN
Winnetka - NO Ban - passed safe storage/transportation ordinance - transportation same as state law and listed firearms must be locked or locked up when lawfully authorized person (FOID holder?) not around.
ZION - NO BAN

So I never did see anyone take my bet of a steak dinner on the over/under for number of communities enacting an AWB before the window closes. I set the line at 7, and I am most certainly taking the under. Any takers?

As I have said all along, if these municipalities had the support to pass an AWB, what's been stopping them until now? Now, some of the nuts have put their proposals forward, only to discuss over that they don't have the support to get it done. Shocking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is why we needed total preemption.

Now some jurisdictions may pass AWBs, others may not, some may pass transportation regs, etc. Now when I drive to the range in Wisconsin that I use to shoot my ARs, I'll have to check the laws of every town I pass through. Lovely.

Only if you plan on complying with the harassment of petty bureaucrats and their impotent little city councils. We've fine tradition of civil disobedience in this country, if the antis keep pushing their luck they're liable to find out what it looks like when you turn a community of people built on individualism and small arms into reflexive scofflaws. The gun culture is surprisingly law abiding, I'm almost eager to see what we look like when we've got enough precedent under our belts to get defiant.

Edited by DoktorPaimon

So I never did see anyone take my bet of a steak dinner on the over/under for number of communities enacting an AWB before the window closes. I set the line at 7, and I am most certainly taking the under. Any takers?

As I have said all along, if these municipalities had the support to pass an AWB, what's been stopping them until now? Now, some of the nuts have put their proposals forward, only to discuss over that they don't have the support to get it done. Shocking.

Over

Over

I like NY strip, medium...preferably with some kind of a horseradish crust.

Now some jurisdictions may pass AWBs, others may not, some may pass transportation regs, etc. Now when I drive to the range in Wisconsin that I use to shoot my ARs, I'll have to check the laws of every town I pass through. Lovely.

Only if you plan on complying with the harassment of petty bureaucrats and their impotent little city councils. We've fine tradition of civil disobedience in this country, if the antis keep pushing their luck they're liable to find out what it looks like when you turn a community of people built on individualism and small arms into reflexive scofflaws. The gun culture is surprisingly law abiding, I'm almost eager to see what we look like when we've got enough precedent under our belts to get defiant.

Nearly all of the lawful gun owners I have ever known, have been amongst the most honest and great to work with people.

I too would be intrigued by the looks of defiance today. If the politicians/antis don't read up on their history, they may get re-educated on what happened in 1775.

I wish they were scrambling for something else - they're killing me trying to keep up with all of them.

And they know that, it's all by design. You guys are doing good though and we're going to cost all these little towns a fortune when we sue their butts off and win.

Great update Molly but I think you mistitled the thread. It should read, Smackdown on attempts to ban...

Not a total smack down, two bans did pass.

I'm going to start transporting my AR's broken down in addition to being locked. Because like you, when driving to WI ranges, I drive straight through highland park. Maybe I will do the same with my pistols just in case.

Hopefully, what is happening is the ones that are deferring are looking for someone else to jump into the pool first.

Well, two jumped in. Now what? We have to PACK the next meetings and ramp up our letter writing.

I'm going to start transporting my AR's broken down in addition to being locked. Because like you, when driving to WI ranges, I drive straight through highland park. Maybe I will do the same with my pistols just in case.

Again. Once 183 is law, it preempts transportation of ALL FIREARMS for FOID holders.

A) It's not law yet. B) I'd have to prove in court after being arrested and weapons confiscated that I am in the right, and even when I win I will be out thousands of dollars in legal fees. C) IF quinn signs.