My license was in my mail today!

When I did my 3hr renewal class in the fall of 2019 my instructor submitted the copy of my certificate and there was one number that was off on the curriculum number. So the state waits until I'm at 121 days before they reject my application. There was a button for resubmitting the proper curriculum number which was done by my instructor less than 24 hours after my application was rejected. I finally went active at precisely 240 days and received my new license a few days later. Fortunately we are allowed to continue carrying on an expired license as long as the renewal process is started before the expiration date. I did not do prints in 2014 and received my original license after 97 days. I also didn't do prints in 2019 either. Unless they make prints mandatory I will not be doing them in the future as well. Brobinson65, I hope your situation is rectified soon and you get your license shortly.

Thanks for the clarity toolmaker!

• 3 weeks later...

Illinois State Police firearms services bureau has automatic message that says to expect the following wait times:

1. Average processing time for FOID applications - 122 days

2. Average CCW application processing times, with prints, are 139 days.

3. Average CCW application processing times, without prints, are 160 days.

These are averages so ours may take even longer.

Illinois State Police firearms services bureau has automatic message that says to expect the following wait times:

New or renewals?

New or renewals?

This is for new applications

Edited by vk60187

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 12:42 PM, HustleMama said:

Applied 10/17/21

Went under review: 1/3/22

Printed: 1/18/22

As of 1/30/22, still no card in the mail. When should I start being concerned?

After 30 days, but don't report it lost. That would cause you a lot of extra grief.  Instead,  stand an email or let us submit an inquiry. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow marks 30 days since they said my card was printed.  I tried calling today and couldn’t seem to find any option to let me contact a representative.  I called 4-5 times trying the various menus.  What is the next thing to do?  I can log in and see the ccl number etc just do not have a card in hand.

9 November 2021 I submitted my CCL renewal

6 January 2022 the status was changed to Under Review with this detail: We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue.

26 January 2022 the status is still Under Review but with the following detail: Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing.

31 Jan 2022 status was upgraded to Printed

17 Feb 2022 Arrive in the mail: It is one of the new combined FOIDs with CCL Indicator. Also FYI there is not expiration date printed on the card, there are expirations dates on the ISPFB website. 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, Stats said:

Two questions for you- (if you can indulge)

1) For the Indicator, does it say "Y" or "CCL"?

2) Is there wording in red on the bottom of the card regarding concealed weapons?

The Indicator says CCL

the red wording at the bottom says "CAUTION: This card does not permit the bearer to UNLAWFULLY carry or use firearms"

On 2/21/2022 at 8:22 PM, Rmac702 said:

How do you unlawfully carry or use a firearm if you have a license to carry?   I have no idea what this could mean other than carrying not concealed and shooting it randomly.

I guess we all have the ISRA to thank for their help passing the “FOID Modernization Act”.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, ScottFM said:

9 November 2021 I submitted my CCL renewal

6 January 2022 the status was changed to Under Review with this detail: We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue.

26 January 2022 the status is still Under Review but with the following detail: Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing.

31 Jan 2022 status was upgraded to Printed

17 Feb 2022 Arrive in the mail: It is one of the new combined FOIDs with CCL Indicator. Also FYI there is not expiration date printed on the card, there are expirations dates on the ISPFB website. 

11 Mar 2022 My CCL/FOID was once again in the mail

Anyone know why they sent a 2nd one less than a month after the previous one? Both are printed correctly and there was no explanation why the new one was sent.