IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

Molly B.

I was at the lookup table too.

good to put a face with a name today!

There's a good crowd, certainly better than last year. Dr. Hupp was a great speaker (as were all of the speakers) and the crowd was very excited before leaving on the march.

I really LOVE the idea that the ladies didn't bother trying to see the Gov. I agree that he's irrelevant in this fight.

I was going to say hello, and introduce myself, to MollyB, but she seemed busy enough not to bother.

I can't wait until my wife and son join me for IGOLD, it's truly a great experience. Two down, about 50 (?) more to go? Not because I doubt RTC coming soon, but because we will always have to fight the anti-gun lobby.

We really need to figure out what we can do for Molly, I noticed in her speech she was starting to lose her voice in yet another IGOLD. Double her vitamins the week of the event or something. Things went pretty smoothly. Thanks to the Igold staff organizers and volunteers for the thousands of hours spent prepping for this day. Now have a tasty beverage and finally get some sleep.

For me the high point of the day was being on the Fox Lake bus when WBBM (big-time radio station in Chicago) ran a brief interview with Mike Moore from Anywhere CCW, the sponsor of the Fox Lake bus!!

OK...well maybe that was highlight #2. The real high point was seeing my daughter taking the UTAH CCW class on the bus.

All in all a very good day! :)

Had a great time, met some locals from here. F12 Mahon and his daughter I believe. Wife was interviewed by Springfield Channel 17 but didn't make the cut it would seem.

Checking the news sites on the way back up I saw one site say "Hundreds" I don't recall which one, but we all had a laugh about that.

I just found one that said 1500...oi vey...

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/top-stories/Illinois-gun-owners-rally-for-concealed-carry-against-bullet-tax-141848123.html

That was a fun event. Dr. Hupp was a great speaker. Davey, nice to meet you today when working at the lookup table. :ph34r:

However, I can't believe they ran out of snake t-shirts and sweatshirts!!!! I was there at 11:35am, and they were out of every size already. :cry: Someone did not order enough. I really wanted that shirt! :) I'll bet they could've sold at least 500 more if they had them.

Well lets see. I was the dirty OLD man looking for the mom with 3 kids that I have seen for the last few years. Tried to get them and other parents with children to lead the march. Next year WE will do better.

Then I kept yelling at everyone "put all of your metal stuff in the IGOLD envelope"

The Capitol cops said this one thing WE started this year cut the time to enter by 1/3. so thanks for helping out.

Well lets see. I was the dirty OLD man looking for the mom with 3 kids that I have seen for the last few years. Tried to get them and other parents with children to lead the march. Next year WE will do better.

Then I kept yelling at everyone "put all of your metal stuff in the IGOLD envelope"

The Capitol cops said this one thing WE started this year cut the time to enter by 1/3. so thanks for helping out.

We were using ziplok bags over at the Howlett building. Sure helps to speed up the line. Just being out front warning everyone of what to remove from the pockets helps some. The SoS folks are great to work with every year!

T

I noticed the "hundreds attendees" comment by the news anchor of the 6:00 news (Springfield). During the 10:00 news, they changed their terminology to 6,000 to 8,000 attendees.

There were noticably more supporters in attendance as compared to last year. I was encouraged by that and attribute that to all of us getting the word out. It was a good day. Thanks to all for a job well done, a true team effort.

We were using ziplok bags over at the Howlett building. Sure helps to speed up the line. Just being out front warning everyone of what to remove from the pockets helps some. The SoS folks are great to work with every year!

T

Tim, I saw a lot of folks with the baggies and I was telling people at the other Howlett entrance without them to put their metal stuff in the ISRA envelope. That seemed to work well.

One thought I had was for next year's VICTORY CELEBRATION/IGOLD we take up a collection and pass out baggies ourselves.

Not being a social butterfly and working on 32 hours with no sleep, I wandered around by myself most of the day but got everything accomplished. Next year we really need to have IC.com IDs made and worn so we can find each other and introduce ourselves, I didnt want to step in and bother everyone at the IC table as they were all overcrowded as is. I'm glad I went and already have the kids wanting to go next year, heck the WIFE might even go! I wont hold my breath, though.

Next years challenge...where will we leave our concealed weapons since they wont be allowed on the state capitol grounds when we march in to fight to get rid of FOID and Blair-Holt!

I concur to the dirty old man comment after seeing the liking you took to my momma bears grey coat :o

Archived