HB4715 - Firearms Registration

Glock23

I hope everyone has their mud stomping boots ready for Igold this year.

Is this the first time registration has been tried state wide?

No the tried this crap last year . They wanted us to pay like $10 or $15 per firearm and like $5 per magazine over 10 round and If I recall correctly it was close too close

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, February 7, 2014 at 08:06 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, February 7, 2014 at 08:06 PM - No reason given

Thread drift ahead...

Back in about 2006 or 2007, I went down to the Shooting Complex in Sparta. For you upstaters following along at home, the Shooting Complex is an IL DNR facility. I had heard the cowboy action shooters were holding their IL state championship there.

Being a USPSA and IDPA competitor, I was a little peeved about that.

So I went down there to check out the cowboys's match.

I always thought I had a heavy enough tin foil hat on. I got to talking to these CAS'ers. One old timer piped up with, "If they get a democrat in the Oval Office, the first thing they will try to do is set up school so it goes all year around. No summer breaks.". Then the next thing he said was "You know what this Shooting Complex is here for, dontchya?". I gave him a puzzled look. He said "It's an armory. They will first pass a law or somehow restrict other ranges/gun clubs to the point they will have to close down. Then they will have a place like this here Shooting Complex open to the public. Then as it becomes popular, they 'll record what guns you bring to shoot there. Then they will pass a law for storage requirements. Then finalky they will turn the Shooting Complex into an armory where us civilians will have to store our guns. Then they'll just close the armory to the public permanently, effectively seizing those guns."

By that time in the conversation I am rolling my eyes.

Guess what was one of the first things Obama tried to implement after being sworn in?

Yep, you guessed it: all year around school.

Luckily, somebody clued him in that a lot of schools still don't have air conditioning and there is no way the kids would learn anything under those conditions.

So if the conspiracy theorist CAS guy was correct about all year school....????

Here is the bio of the sponsor of this bill.

Representative Kelly M. Cassidy (D)

14th District

http://www.ilga.gov/images/members/%7B3EFBDD50-41FF-4677-AA47-FB35B70C4667%7D.jpg

Springfield Office: 265-S Stratton Office Building Springfield, IL 62706 (217) 782-8088 (217) 782-6592 FAX District Office: 5533 North Broadway Chicago, IL 60640 (773) 784-2002 (773) 784-2060 FAX Email: repcassidy@gmail.com

Years served: May 2011 - Present

Committee assignments: Appropriations-Public Safety; Human Services; Labor & Commerce Committee; Restorative Justice (Vice-Chairperson); Public Benefits Subcommittee (Sub-Chairperson).

Biography: LGBT rights activist and organizer; former legislative director for the National Organization for Women; former legislative aide to state Sen. John Cullerton; former Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Director of Programs and Development in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office; one of only two openly gay female legislators in General Assembly; has three children.

14th District

http://www.ilga.gov/images/members/%7B3EFBDD50-41FF-4677-AA47-FB35B70C4667%7D.jpg

Springfield Office: 265-S Stratton Office Building Springfield, IL 62706 (217) 782-8088 (217) 782-6592 FAX District Office: 5533 North Broadway Chicago, IL 60640 (773) 784-2002 (773) 784-2060 FAX Email: repcassidy@gmail.com

Committee assignments: Appropriations-Public Safety; Human Services; Labor & Commerce Committee; Restorative Justice (Vice-Chairperson); Public Benefits Subcommittee (Sub-Chairperson).

Biography: LGBT rights activist and organizer; former legislative director for the National Organization for Women; former legislative aide to state Sen. John Cullerton; former Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Director of Programs and Development in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office; one of only two openly gay female legislators in General Assembly; has three children.

Yea, you should have heard some of the things that came out of her mouth during the CCL bill last session. If you didn't that is. That's where my comment earlier in this thread came in, "This isn't soup yet!!!", she said that MANY times about the CCL bill, "This isn't soup yet"!

14th District

Yea, you should have heard some of the things that came out of her mouth during the CCL bill last session. If you didn't that is. That's where my comment earlier in this thread came in, "This isn't soup yet!!!", she said that MANY times about the CCL bill, "This isn't soup yet"!

Thanks for that comment, I have several thoughts come into my mind but will keep them off here.

Whew....thank goodness we finally got the pension problem fixed and the state is not going broke. I love how these people get put into office by the machine and then spew their personal agendas. Whatever happened to representing your constituents ? Is this at the top of their list ?

Three kids, God help us..

Why? Despite her detestable attitude about 2A, how does her having kids enter into anything?

Good point.

With the legislature almost in full swing and IGOLD approaching, we really need to focus more on the work at hand and let the inconsequential things go. Remember, even if we're yawning at this bill there are others that will need our attention both in a good sense, and bad. Keeping on topic will help us continue to make progress and avoid set backs.

Why is she trying to further restrict the best self defense devices available to LGBT folks?

Because she doesn't actually care about the LGBT community any further than is necessary to make sure they don't ever manage to field a viable primary challenger against her and make her have to have her first election. She came up under John Cullerton and was appointed to replace Harry Osterman, who has spent enough of his career pushing gun control that ICAHV put him on it's board as an honorary member. Interesting piece of information. Kelly was appointed to her position in the house, not elected. Carol Ronen is the boss of the 48th Ward and, as is befitting of royalty, placed more than half the "votes" for who got to fill Osterman's position in the 14th district when he retired. Anyone care to guess who was the 14th district Rep before Osterman? Carol Ronen. That would be the same Carol Ronen who got Blago to spike her pension by $38,000/year for life with a 60 day no show job. No state income tax, of course, thats just for us plebs.

Kelly might talk a big game about LGBT rights, but her pedigree shows that she's just another Machine shill.

Three kids, God help us..

Why? Despite her detestable attitude about 2A, how does her having kids enter into anything?

Good point.

With the legislature almost in full swing and IGOLD approaching, we really need to focus more on the work at hand and let the inconsequential things go. Remember, even if we're yawning at this bill there are others that will need our attention both in a good sense, and bad. Keeping on topic will help us continue to make progress and avoid set backs.

Seriously, theres enough detestable, dirty, shockingly corrupt garbage in her political life that we shouldn't be wasting time making halfbright comments about her personal life.

Dear Rep. Cassidy,

Instead of continuing to try and whittle away at our rights as citizens, how about if you work on keeping our State from going bankrupt?

We get it - you don't like guns.

However, what I would like to know is how, exactly, will this registration scheme prevent gang-bangers from getting guns or shooting each other up, since they obviously don't follow any of the laws that we have on the books now.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, February 7, 2014 at 08:06 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, February 7, 2014 at 08:06 PM - No reason given

So if the conspiracy theorist CAS guy was correct about all year school....????

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Honestly the school year-round thing comes up in Cook County every year or so since before Obama was even a state senator. I had more than one teacher tell me to enjoy my summer break "because I may not have one next year"

So much for the antis not having much of an appetite for confrontation this session, or going for low hanging fruit. Molon Labe

They ask for the sun moon and stars and when it's all over the get the moon, it's still a win for them.

Never an inch.

Archived