Ninth Circuit Ruling on Peruta v. Cty. of San Diego

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 kwc

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Very encouraging!
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

#122 Charles Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

The mandate was issued this morning.  This case is closed, finished, fini, over, dead as a doornail.

http://blog.californ...g/?page_id=4712

#123 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:14 AM

No legal right to public conceal carry in Cali....

#124 Trevis

• Members
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:49 AM

No legal right to public conceal carry in Cali....

Time to open carry. It's one or the other.

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged..." - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

― Lysander SpoonerNo Treason: The Constitution of No Authority

1AApp.jpg

#125 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

Honestly, in California the antis don't see it that way. To them it is none of the above and those in high state places agree. I'm not sure even the 9th circuit can be forced to conform to consitutional law.  Depending on who sits in the DC throne in a few months, that may expand even farther.

#126 Charles Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:02 PM

In light of the Peruta v. San Diego en banc decision, the denial of the preliminary injunction in another NRA/CRPA concealed carry case was unanimously affirmed by a three judge panel in the case of McKay v. Hutchens.

The NRA can now do one of four things: 1) File a Cert Petition with SCOTUS, 2) File an en banc petition with the 9th Circuit, 3) Continue to argue the case in the district court and appeal the inevitable final judgment or 4) Agree to dismiss its case in the district court.

Supplemental briefing has been ordered and the briefs filed in four other concealed carry appeals in the 9th Circuit. The parties were "ordered to provide supplemental briefs in light of the en banc decision in Peruta v. County of San Diego."

Raulinaitis v. Ventura County Sheriff

Sigitas Raulinaitis, et al v. LASD

Jonathan Birdt v. Charlie Beck, et al

Robert Thomson v. Los Angeles County Sheriff

#127 Charles Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:17 PM

Update by Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry – January 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM – San Diego Sheriff Gore’s attorney quickly responded to my request for the cert petition filed in this case. The same cannot be said of the attorneys for Orange County Sheriff Hutchens who never responded to my inquiry. You can read the cert petition by clicking on the link. It is under today’s update as well as above the fold.

#128 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Update by Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry January 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM San Diego Sheriff Gores attorney quickly responded to my request for the cert petition filed in this case. The same cannot be said of the attorneys for Orange County Sheriff Hutchens who never responded to my inquiry. You can read the cert petition by clicking on the link. It is under todays update as well as above the fold.

Peruta v. San Diego Concealed Carry Appeal 10-56971 - Lost - 6-24-2016 & Onward

I moved your update into the existing Peruta thread so we can keep the discussion cohesive.
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

#129 Charles Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

Update by Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry January 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM San Diego Sheriff Gores attorney quickly responded to my request for the cert petition filed in this case. The same cannot be said of the attorneys for Orange County Sheriff Hutchens who never responded to my inquiry. You can read the cert petition by clicking on the link. It is under todays update as well as above the fold.

Peruta v. San Diego Concealed Carry Appeal 10-56971 - Lost - 6-24-2016 & Onward

I moved your update into the existing Peruta thread so we can keep the discussion cohesive.

Sorry about that.  I didn't get much sleep last night, had no caffeine and forgot to eat anything today.  The last two I have since rectified since my original post.

#130 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

No worries.
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

#131 Charles Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

Peruta v. California (formerly v. San Diego) is scheduled for the March 24, 2017, conference.

Two Weeks!   :laugh:

Here is an article I wrote on why the Peruta v. California cert petition will be denied in two weeks.  http://newsblaze.com...petition_75414/

#132 Charles Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

The Peruta cert petition was distributed for this Friday's conference. Time for a refresher on the what happens with a cert petition. FYI, San Diego declined to file a Brief In Opposition and #SCOTUS did not request it to file one. That is invariably a sign that a cert petition will be denied.  And of course there are no SCOTUS Rule 10 splits which doesn't help Peruta's chances. 

The Order's list will be published at 9:30 AM Eastern Time on Monday March 27th.  The Peruta cert petition will either be denied, granted or relisted.  My money is on denial of cert.

Supreme Court Procedure from SCOTUSblog.

Edited by Charles Nichols, 20 March 2017 - 02:08 AM.

#133 AuroraInstructor

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

The Peruta cert petition was distributed for this Friday's conference. Time for a refresher on the what happens with a cert petition. FYI, San Diego declined to file a Brief In Opposition and #SCOTUS did not request it to file one. That is invariably a sign that a cert petition will be denied.  And of course there are no SCOTUS Rule 10 splits which doesn't help Peruta's chances. 

The Order's list will be published at 9:30 AM Eastern Time on Monday March 27th.  The Peruta cert petition will either be denied, granted or relisted.  My money is on denial of cert.

Hmmm..... You sound almost happy that we will lose this one....

http://IllinoisGunPros.com
http://facebook.com/...ealedCarryClass
State Certified Concealed Carry Trainer / NRA Certified Instructor
Utah Certified Instructor
<a href="https://www.google.c...hor">Google</a>

#134 lockman

• 7,306 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

Either way Peuruta is decied, many gun owners will be thrown under the bus.

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#135 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

He's expressed his opposition to concealed carry before on this board. His stated position is there should only be open carry.
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#136 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

The Peruta cert petition was distributed for this Friday's conference. Time for a refresher on the what happens with a cert petition. FYI, San Diego declined to file a Brief In Opposition and #SCOTUS did not request it to file one. That is invariably a sign that a cert petition will be denied.  And of course there are no SCOTUS Rule 10 splits which doesn't help Peruta's chances.  The Order's list will be published at 9:30 AM Eastern Time on Monday March 27th.  The Peruta cert petition will either be denied, granted or relisted.  My money is on denial of cert. Supreme Court Procedure from SCOTUSblog.

He's expressed his opposition to concealed carry before on this board. His stated position is there should only be open carry.

As far as I can tell, the only reason the SCOTUS hasn't taken more 2A cases is because of Kennedy. I'm thinking once Trump gets two SCOTUS nominees confirmed then we'll start seeing them taking these cases again.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#137 lockman

• 7,306 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

Opposition of concealed carry as an exclusive replacement to open carry is a definite yes. Otherwise not so much. That is my take.

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users