SODA TAX Witness slip to support HB 4082 and HB 4083.

Sweeper13

Here is the link : http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create?committeeHearingId=15271&legislationId=0

Here is the email sent from them:

This week, Illinois lawmakers introduced two bills that would repeal the controversial Cook County Beverage Tax and further ban any home rule county or non-home rule county from taxing the use, sale or purchase of sweetened beverages by weight or volume. This tax is wildly unpopular and is hurting working families and small businesses. Take this opportunity now to weigh-in with state lawmakers, have your voice heard and stand with your family, friends and neighbors to help repeal this tax.

On Wednesday, August 23rd, there will be a hearing in Springfield to discuss these bills. You can tell lawmakers you support the bills by submitting a witness slip. All witness slips will be read into the record, allowing committee members to hear that you support the bill before they vote. We ask that you please, forward this email to your employees, friends and others in your network. Encourage them to submit a witness slip in support of repealing Cook County's beverage tax. Filling out a witness slip takes less than five minutes, but could have a huge effect on the committee's decision.

Here’s how to file a witness slip to support HB 4082 and HB 4083:

Fill out your information in the first section: I. IDENTIFICATION.
Fill out the second section, II. REPRESENTATION, if you are submitting on behalf of an organization or business. If you are submitting as a resident you can leave this section blank.
In the third section, III. POSITION, check Proponent.
In the fourth section, IV. TESTIMONY, check Record of Appearance Only. This indicates to the committee you are submitting in support, but cannot be present.
Continue with the verification items and click Create Slip. You're done

Do you have a link to track slips?

Even though it's not a gun related bill I'm curious because my business is in Cook County.

http://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/15271?HCommittees8/24/2017-page=1&HCommittees8/24/2017-orderBy=&HCommittees8/24/2017-filter=&committeeid=0&chamber=H&nodays=7&_=1503028378283

781 - 76 - 2

I heard somewhere that cook county was fraudulently charging the tax on Food Stamps are tax exempt. Fraudulently taxing Food Stamps may be considered a form of welfare fraud.

Its in the other thread. They were charging the tax and then refunding it which was at risk of costing the state something like $87M from the Feds. Ive read it has been adjusted/corrected.

If you previously created an account and logged in, I thought it was possible to correct a choice. Is that possible?

Cant delete but can change. From the FAQ http://my.ilga.gov/Home/FAQ

Q. Can I make changes to a witness slip I already submitted?

A. Yes and No

Yes - If you are a registered user and were logged on when you submitted the witness slip, you can make changes. Log on to the ILGA Dashboard, and your witness slip will be located under "Manage Slips".

No - If you were not a registered user or not logged on when submitting your slip, you will not be able to change any information on your submitted witness slip.

Q. Can a witness slip be deleted?

A. No. Even if you are a registered user and logged on, you still cannot delete a witness slip.

Archived