Proposed “assault weapon” NFA tax for existing AR’s by Biden campaign

mab22

According to his website! HOLY! :frantics: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/17/joe-bidens-gun-agenda-could-cost-ar-15-owners-3-6-billion-in-taxes-for-guns-they-already-own/

NFA stamps for AR’s, or whatever they deem an “assault weapon”.

10 days for the NICS check

And more!
Go read his website yourself. https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

"

The federal background check system (the National Instant Criminal Background Check System) is one of the best tools we have to prevent gun violence, but it’s only effective when it’s used. Biden will enact universal background check legislation and close other loopholes that allow people who should be prohibited from purchasing firearms from making those purchases...

So, does that mean they'll require background checks for all the illegal, back alley gun sales? That'll really help. Glad he has a plan!

How politicians blur fact/fiction:

From the Biden-Harris website:

Joe Biden knows that gun violence is a public health epidemic. Almost 40,000 people die as a result of firearm injuries every year in the United States

From the CDC document they use to justify that number:

Suicides by firearms: 23,854

Homicides by firearms: 14,542

Accidental discharge: 486

By preceding 1 truthful statement about deaths that can be associated with firearms in any way with the phrase "gun violence" they give the impression 40,00 people a year are dying by gun violence. They don't lie by omission, they lie by implication. It's still a lie.

Joe Biden knows that gun violence is a public health epidemic. Almost 40,000 people die as a result of firearm injuries every year in the United States

By preceding 1 truthful statement about deaths that can be associated with firearms in any way with the phrase "gun violence" they give the impression 40,00 people a year are dying by gun violence. They don't lie by omission, they lie by implication. It's still a lie.

And how many of those homicides were deemed justifiable? IIRC, about a third were a few years ago. Hard to believe the numbers have changed much.

Joe Biden knows that gun violence is a public health epidemic. Almost [/size]40,000 people[/size] die as a result of firearm injuries every year in the United States[/size]

And how many of those homicides were deemed justifiable? IIRC, about a third were a few years ago. Hard to believe the numbers have changed much.

and iirc, if you look at the numbers, "assault weapons" used is insanely low. Not to mention they cant honestly define them and how they are different than a normal semi except by cosmetics. But it makes for good scarey optics for them.

and iirc, if you look at the numbers, "assault weapons" used is insanely low. Not to mention they cant honestly define them and how they are different than a normal semi except by cosmetics. But it makes for good scarey optics for them.

Rifles of any type used is very low.

Rifles of any type used is very low.

Fatalities for long arms are outnumbered by "hands and feet".

There are gun owners who will vote for Biden because orange man bad. It's maddening.

A few right here even!

^Even worse, because Orange Man isn't perfect... :headbang1:

Mostly because he says mean things. He's just mean. Did you hear what he said about that reporter? Seems like a perfect reason to vote for the other guy.

Well I think that's the dilemma. I personally think Trump is a social idiot, and he provides it every day on Twitter. We need someone brave enough to steal his phone every morning and smash on the ground.

That said, what some people don't get is, we don't have to necessarily like our representatives, or even endorse their behavior, but as long as they are on the same side of issues - And, are against those I don't agree with, I am absolutely going to vote in kind. Simple as that. Just because I vote Orange Man doesn't mean I'm going to invite him over for dinner, or stand in line to shake his hand.

Imho, this entire thing that you have to love your rep as a person to support them is nutty. I look at him as a tool, or a warrior. Provided they are fighting my battles, that's all I care about.

I was acquainted with a few people who've committed suicide in the past several years, none of them used a gun. One was hanging, one jumped off a 24 story building another stopped on the highway and ran out in front of a semi. Guess we're going to have to ban a lot of man made objects to eliminate those suicide numbers. Let's bring back the prohibition, nothing like getting drunk in your bathtub like Dolores O'Rioradan (Cranberries singer, and no I don't think it was intentional).

Well I think that's the dilemma. I personally think Trump is a social idiot, and he provides it every day on Twitter. We need someone brave enough to steal his phone every morning and smash on the ground.

That said, what some people don't get is, we don't have to necessarily like our representatives, or even endorse their behavior, but as long as they are on the same side of issues - And, are against those I don't agree with, I am absolutely going to vote in kind. Simple as that. Just because I vote Orange Man doesn't mean I'm going to invite him over for dinner, or stand in line to shake his hand.

Imho, this entire thing that you have to love your rep as a person to support them is nutty. I look at him as a tool, or a warrior. Provided they are fighting my battles, that's all I care about.

But...but....Come on man!!

I look at Trump this way...

Come for the policies...stay for the entertainment. :laugh:

I joined a bi-partisan, pro-2A (to varying degrees) gun discussion group. I brought this up, it's astonishing how much bias can interfere with the writing on the wall, I had one person tell me, "he's not really going to do that". Along with the apathy that I run into in the ammo section at places like Rural King when I try to talk with someone about some bad legislation that's on the horizon, it's amazing to me that we've held things together at all.

Archived