Maryland's motion to dismiss denied (Woollard)

05FLHT

• 2 weeks later...

That was easily the best read I've had all year!

We need this judge here! The machine hacks are destroying us! :shtf: :alien: :rolleyes:

I can not begin to say what a huge, monumental, gargantuan, definitive victory this is... While it is a lower court the principles appear, at least to me, to be well thought out.

This is spectacular...... This will make Myerscough and her miserable wimpy, sloppy, thought processes choke... :hyper:

Regards, Drd

alan gura is the man. No one can do what he does in the manner that he does it. His wording are so practical as he hands down a slap to his opponents.

And in person, he is the coolest down to earth person you can imagine.

We are blessed to have him fightin on our side. Not a member of 2nd amendment foundation yet? What will it take.

I think one of Gura's enduring legacies will be his ability to write legal documents in a way that the average person can understand. It is an extremely rare talent. We will have a lot of legal text that the average guy can look at and understand that just does not exist in a lot of areas of jurisprudence. It appears to me that his style is also infecting some judges as well. A lot of the cases seem to have judicial writings that are above average in understandability (is that a word?) as well, even some of the losing cases.

By itself, that may well make a big difference long term as much of the fight is really a political "hearts and minds" kind of thing as opposed to something that can truly be won in court. Get the average Joe to thinking he really does have a RTKBA and even if he does not want to personally exercise it, he is going to be less inclined to actively oppose it for others and eventually accept it.

It is a lot like abortion in that respect. One does not have to personally approve of or engage in the practice to accept that it is a settled issue.

MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANTS' MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

http://ia700101.us.a...180772.34.0.pdf

It's full of all kinds of Gura-goodness (e.g. "Nonetheless, Defendants and their amici persist in ignoring the two words appearing in the Second Amendment after "keep." Their denial is not well-grounded.")

Here's the Conclusion:

Defendants' arbitrary denial of Second Amendment rights must be enjoined. Defendants'

motion for summary judgment should be denied. Plaintiffs' motion for summary judgment should be granted.

Hmm, the link is dead at the moment. How do you go about searching for it?

• 1 month later...

Archived