Senator Duckworth: National Reciprocity

Just some guy

I remember when they were mercilessly going after "assault weapons" during Obama's "we need to do something" crap and religiously emailing Durbin and Kirk. At least Durbin had the common decency to reply (via form email) to essentially tell me I'm an idiot, that he knows best, then thank me for emailing him and telling me he'll "keep my concerns in mind" (or some BS platitude). Middle finger, no doubt, but at least Durbin basically told me he was gonna stab me in the front. Kirk, being the RINO he is, ignored my emails and would've stabbed me in the back.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I remember when they were mercilessly going after "assault weapons" during Obama's "we need to do something" crap and religiously emailing Durbin and Kirk. At least Durbin had the common decency to reply (via form email) to essentially tell me I'm an idiot, that he knows best, then thank me for emailing him and telling me he'll "keep my concerns in mind" (or some BS platitude). Middle finger, no doubt, but at least Durbin basically told me he was gonna stab me in the front. Kirk, being the RINO he is, ignored my emails and would've stabbed me in the back. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

WRT Kirk:

Remember he came from the same general area as Rooney.

Kirk introduced his own federal Semi-Auto Grab bill, and I remember him defending this at a town hall:

"Those rifles are too high a caliber for civilians" , because he was a reservist.

In his next breath (well, within weeks...) he's calling for us to arm the Syrian rebels, made up of civilians,

because they were freedom fighters.

Arm them with what? Taken from whom?

..."gives me a unique perspective on the capabilities and functions of firearms. I fully respect the gun ownership rights the Second Amendment guarantees and will continue to protect them"...

Translation:

No!

What 'UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE"? She was a flapping HELO PILOT, not on infantry or even a military police officer. Most of us shoot more on a Saturday at the range than she fired from her personal weapon (Beretta?) during her whole career!

More so She was an Army reserve / national guard helicopter pilot and got pulled into full time military in 04 for Iraq. No disrespect meant towards others that have served in the guard or reserves, but theres surly a lot more people that are are more adept with personal arms handling that have MOS ratings in the military than Chopper pilot.

I seem to recall that among enlisted and non-coms it was an article of faith that officers NEVER voluntarily fired their sidearms - because then they'd have to clean 'em.

I seem to recall that among enlisted and non-coms it was an article of faith that officers NEVER voluntarily fired their sidearms - because then they'd have to clean 'em.

Maybe other divisions did it differently and maybe the Marines do it differently.

I would often help run the qualifying ranges, and I can tell you, the officers didn't bring their issued weapon to the range and qualify with it. We transported the 1911A1s from the arms room to the range, loaded mags until our thumbs were sore, the officers showed up and (eventually) qualified, then they left, we transported the 45s back to arms room and cleaned all of the pistols for the next 6 hours.

I'm not so sure. Illinois voters are extremely unpredictable. Look at how Rauner mopped the floor with Jello. Kirk managed to beat that Obama stooge Giannoulias. I think Duckworth was elected simply because Kirk was a lump on a log and really had nothing to offer anyone. Of course, during her Congressional career, Duckworth was the 27th least effective legislator in Congress. You do this in the private sector, you get fired. Do it in politics, you get a promotion.

"#27 - Rep. Tammy Duckworth

Effectiveness Score: 0%

Total Sponsored Bills: 12

Bills Passed Committee: 0

Serving Since: 2013"

That's three years where she has done NOTHING AT ALL. 12 bills, none made it to the floor.

https://graphiq-stories.graphiq.com/stories/5278/least-effective-members-congress#9-Rep-Tammy-Duckworth

The terms of these reciprocity bills seems to be changing. At one point I read they needed to create a minimum terms for carry laws across all states (I thought coming up with this could take years...) The latest I'm reading from an NRA article sounds like the end result would simply be every Home State would allow CCL holders from every other State to carry in that Home State subject to that Home State's laws.

So at link below, "Permits Honored In:" would simply be Green in all states, for a every Home State.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel

If so, this seems simpler than getting all states to agree on minimum CCL terms for all other states. It's simply how we do it now: 1) find out of destination state allows IL CCL's 2) research destination states laws.

Anybody else hearing anything else? Thanks

So.....in New York, it is illegal to be in possession of an unregistered handgun. So if we get nationwide reciprocity, and you're allowed to carry in New York on your Illinois license, but your handgun isn't registered in accordance with state law.,..

And we all know what "registration" can lead. Pol Pot did it. Stalin did it. Mao Tse-Tung did it. Hitler did it.

How did those "registration" schemes work out? :pinch: :no:

I'm not so sure. Illinois voters are extremely unpredictable. Look at how Rauner mopped the floor with Jello. Kirk managed to beat that Obama stooge Giannoulias. I think Duckworth was elected simply because Kirk was a lump on a log and really had nothing to offer anyone. Of course, during her Congressional career, Duckworth was the 27th least effective legislator in Congress. You do this in the private sector, you get fired. Do it in politics, you get a promotion. "#27 - Rep. Tammy Duckworth Effectiveness Score: 0% Total Sponsored Bills: 12 Bills Passed Committee: 0 Serving Since: 2013" That's three years where she has done NOTHING AT ALL. 12 bills, none made it to the floor. https://graphiq-stories.graphiq.com/stories/5278/least-effective-members-congress#9-Rep-Tammy-Duckworth Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Sure hope you're right. Yet consider what she has to go on: handicapped war hero, woman, mixed race, incompetent. All that makes it tough for a white male candidate to take her on.

Oh she's got the affirmative action qualifications. I'm not extremely optimistic, I'm only hopeful because I'm not quite sure anyone cares about that "I have no legs, I'm Asian, I'm...." crap when it comes down to what happens with their own money. Being a double amputee has no bearing on her competence just like being Asian is irrelevant. Even her veteran status (with her attitude) has zero bearing on her competence. Look at Jello and Rauner. It gets bad enough and everyone but Chicago will jump ship on her. Crook County would go for her even if the other 103 counties reject her. She doesn't represent Illinois. She represents Chicago. Same with Durbin.

Check out her bio. She holds a PhD. from "Cappella University." You know, one of those "for profit" institutions that gouges its students and the return on investment is nil. Upcoming class action against that place for fraud. I digress. I've seen that "institution" advertise its programs on late night infomercials. It's a no GMAT, no GRE school so I wouldn't want anything to do with that place because they don't admit based on any generally accepted graduate admissions standardized test. Sounds like a cakewalk compared to a standard Doctor of Philosophy program, used to pad her resume.

That woman can sure use a lot of words to tell gun owners she is going to screw you as much as possible.

Not that it matters our RINO we had before would vote the same way.

Agree completely with the first statement. Duckworthless hates the 2nd amendment, but tries to use doublespeak to make it sound better.

Not so much with the second one. While Kirk certainly was not a friend of the 2nd amendment, he at least was a vote for McConnell, and would've been a "yes" vote on Gorsuch.

She should read the opinion in McDonald before opening her trap. Does she agree with Dred Scott? What about a proponent of school segregation? Did she suddenly change her views on abortion and gay marriage? All cases where the 14th Amendment trumps the Tenth.

So my driving privileges are recognized in all 50 but not my Second Amendment rights? OK yea that's logical. Why not tell me I can't make disparaging comments about Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown while I'm in California, but Illinois law "allows" me to do it here. You know, state's rights and all. Oh, I know, because that kind of crap wouldn't fly in any court. Thomas was spot on in his dissent.

It's not interesting. It's an open-handed slap across the face as we're all her constituents. Her personal opinion is beyond irrelevant. Voting base on her personal opinion is not her job. Her beliefs, ideals, wants, whatever, do not take precedence over her own beliefs and the like. That's why she is called a "public servant." Duckworth doesn't give a rip about her constituents, nor does she take seriously the fact that she serves us, not herself. She already has the self-serving politician mentality.

It's not interesting. It's an open-handed slap across the face as we're all her constituents. Her personal opinion is beyond irrelevant. Voting base on her personal opinion is not her job. Her beliefs, ideals, wants, whatever, do not take precedence over her own beliefs and the like. That's why she is called a "public servant." Duckworth doesn't give a rip about her constituents, nor does she take seriously the fact that she serves us, not herself. She already has the self-serving politician mentality. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

She needs to hear this from all of us. In fact they all should hear it from us.

In all honesty, writing to your congressman is a complete waste of time. The only answer is to vote out someone who you disagree with and vote in someone you agree with. Think about it. If you were a senator, you wouldn't give a moment of your time even considering the points made by anti-gun constituents who sent you letters. Would you? I sure wouldn't.

Her military background gives her unique insights into the capabilities and functions of firearms? Was she on Seal Team Six? She probably shot an M-4 one time during officer's training school and that was it. If you handed her one now, I'll bet you $100 she wouldn't even know how to clear it. We are talking about civilian firearms here, Tammy...not a GAU-8.

She didn't even have a GAU-8. Since she was a Blackhawk pilot, the most she probably ever had was a pair of M-240's on the aircraft with her. Frankly, I'd be surprised if she ever shot an M-4 as well. Since aircrew were all issued M-9's, I expect that was what she shot whenever the warrants all got around to qualifying.

Bri

And a reply from the Honorable Senator Durbin:

Thank you for contacting me regarding legislation to provide reciprocity for concealed carry permit holders. I appreciate hearing from you.

The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015 (S. 498) was introduced in the last Congress by Senator John Cornyn of Texas. This bill would have allowed people who have a valid concealed carry license or permit in their home state to carry a concealed firearm in every other state that allows concealed carrying of firearms. This bill was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee. It did not come before the full Senate for a vote before the end of that Congress.

While Americans are entitled to own and use guns in a responsible manner, the United States Supreme Court has established that reasonable state and federal restrictions are constitutional. Concealed carry laws vary widely between states. If permit holders in states with less rigorous issuance policies than Illinois are granted reciprocity, this raises serious public safety concerns.

Illinois requires an individual to complete sixteen hours of training, the longest of any state, before obtaining a concealed carry permit. This training requires the applicant to demonstrate a proficiency in areas crucial to ensuring public safety, including firearm safety, marksmanship in a live setting, and an understanding of all Illinois and federal laws relating to ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm.

Many other states require much less stringent training, or no training at all. Some states do not require an applicant to ever handle a firearm, and even allow the applicant to satisfy the training requirement solely through an online course. This wide variation in state law raises serious questions about the potential ramifications of granting reciprocity across all states.

Thank you again for contacting me. I will keep your views in mind as concealed carry reciprocity legislation is discussed in this Congress. Please feel free to keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Durbin
United States Senator

Maybe a second letter to both Duckworth and Durbin would help. The letter should just say " Thank you for replying to my earlier letter regarding supporting national reciprocity for concealed carry licenses and permits. Your response clearly indicates your lack of support for this concept, which I can safely assume is because you do not trust We the People, and you wish to keep us disarmed, or you are a total idiot. I would really appreciate hearing back from you as to which of these explanations of your non support best matches you and your position. Or maybe you just do not want to tolerate freedom for the people of Illinois."

Archived