Jeanne Ives will be on the ballot...do more than just vote

soylentgreen

Jeanne Ives will be on the Republican primary ballot in the spring. You need to send her money if she's going to have a chance against Rauner's war chest.

If Rauner has been a disappointment to you, do something to make a difference and you need to do it now. Donate, volunteer. Do SOMETHING!!

Not someone else. YOU!

I already threw her a few bucks and collected signatures. We need help.

I posted this information on another thread.

Jeanne Ives a state representative, district 42, from DuPage County is in the early stages of establishing a primary challenge to Governor Rauner. She is a West Point grad and veteran and votes pro-2A. She has chosen Rich Morthland, a Rock Island County Board member who previously served in the Illinois House from 2011 to 2013, as her running mate. Going against the big money of Rauner and Pritscher will be stiff challenges.

http://www.ilga.gov/...p?MemberID=2045

http://www.nwherald....rauner/atkvx5z/

http://www.jeanneives.org/

Lets be 100% realistic here. Rauner is not the best but Ives doesn't have a chance against his money. He is better then Pritzker would ever be and now that Chris Kennedy is going to drain a bit from Pritzkers war chest, the last thing anybody in Illinois needs is Ives draining Rauners. If you send Ives money then that's more money Rauner has to spend in the primary and while she likely would be the best choice, she has no chance. I'm not a Rauner fan BUT anything then Pritzker or Kennedy. I have nothing against Ives but she has no business in the IL governors race. She only jumped in because he signed HB40 and she saw an opportunity. Yay, she won Wheaton in the primary!

Rauner has been a huge disappointment to me but he's 100X better then Pritzker. Ives is deluded if she honestly thinks she has a chance.

The only thing she accomplishes in the end is she loses her seat in the 42nd district.

Do you believe she'd make a better Govenor? The we have to support HER and not worry about anything else, are the money boys buying votes? Two scum families on the left and a squish hedge fund boy on the so-called other side and we worry? Support the best candidate in the race and stop this stupidity once and for all. BTW nobody gave the Don a chance and look what happened.

"Do you believe she'd make a better Govenor?"

Maybe it's my cynical life view after nearly 7 decades in Chicago talking, but since when did 'who would make the 'best' (any political office including Governor) play a role in an election win? Advertising, money and clout? Oh heckfire yes! Gerrymandering and dirty politics? You Betcha! "Best for the job"? Nada. Voting AGAINST someone rather than really voting FOR someone? Happened last November on the National scene.

A virtual no-name person, regardless of their qualifications, in the real world in which we live, does not stand a chance in a Gubernatorial race in Illinois. I would view casting a ballot for this Ives person as wasting my vote.

I think some may be a little hard and unfair toward Rauner. Madigan showed he held a veto over ride control. What can Ives or an other conservative do differently.

Until Illinois changes the make up of the house and senate we remain screwed.

Yep, that is where the effort needs to be, getting out the entrenched Madiganites, antigunners and worthless Repubs.

Firstly, Rauner is going to get killed by Prizker.

Secondly, Yes, these RINOs need to go. Yes, that's enough for me to oppose him. I can not tolerate the use of my tax dollars for baby butchering. And, I can not tolerate a man who would thwart federal immigration enforcement.

Thirdly, I will not vote for Rauner in the general election under any circumstances. Period. So, I'm making my stand now...win or lose.

Thirdly, I will not vote for Rauner in the general election under any circumstances. Period. So, I'm making my stand now...win or lose.

Future Governor Pritzker says "Thank you" for that...

But back to the primary: Ives is a much better candidate, and I absolutely will vote for her in the primary! My wife and I gladly signed the petition to get her on the ballot. But in the general election, I will vote for whoever is not Pritzker...

But back to the primary: Ives is a much better candidate, and I absolutely will vote for her in the primary! My wife and I gladly signed the petition to get her on the ballot. But in the general election, I will vote for whoever is not Pritzker...

You're free to do as you like. I will not be a party to baby murder. I will not have my name associated with either of these evil men. That's a violation of my conscience and I'd rather die than be a part of it.

You're free to do as you like. I will not be a party to baby murder. I will not have my name associated with either of these evil men. That's a violation of my conscience and I'd rather die than be a part of it.

Ahh. You think your "no-vote" would carry the same weight as a "vote."

The big money wins the popular vote.

In the year 2000 Republican primary to replace retiring 10th Congressional District Representative John Porter, Shawn Margaret Donnelley (heiress to the R.R. Donnelley & Sons fortune) spent at least 2.3 million dollars of her family's money to win 9,585 votes ($240 a vote). Another candidate, Andrew Hochberg, spent $1 million of his own money for a solid 7,480 votes.

Mark Kirk, an aid to Porter, moved into the district in September of 1999, and won the March 2000 primary with 19,717 votes. He spent way less than half a million dollars. Half a million dollars on a congressional primary is big money to be sure, but it is proof enough that there is a limit to what $2.3 million can buy.

Jim Oberweis and Richard Lugar proved that money alone won't buy enough votes to get elected -- and Ross Perot proved all the money in the world can't buy you one (1) electoral vote.

Money is necessary, but it won't sell a deficient product. Hillary Clinton spend $1.2 billion on her failed campaign; Trump spent less than 1/12th of that.

<popcorn> I don't see rauner winning re-election. He isolated too many people that voted for him last election. The push for Ives is proof of that. The machine controlled media has never stopped blitzing against rauner. The machine marketing money has continuously run anti rauner campaign style ads since rauner took office, those usually end after the election. Those ads have blamed everything that is wrong in this state on Rauner and the sheeple buy it up.

<popcorn> I don't see rauner winning re-election. He isolated too many people that voted for him last election. The push for Ives is proof of that. The machine controlled media has never stopped blitzing against rauner. The machine marketing money has continuously run anti rauner campaign style ads since rauner took office, those usually end after the election. Those ads have blamed everything that is wrong in this state on Rauner and the sheeple buy it up.

Exactly. Rauner is going to get destroyed either way.

Ahh. You think your "no-vote" would carry the same weight as a "vote."

No. I think, as I explained, I can't stomach voting for a man who thinks it's okay to use my money to murder babies. I think I was pretty clear about that. I'd rather go down for something I believe that live for something I don't.

I can compromise on a lot. Baby murder isn't one of them.

That's not a given depending on how ugly the whole democratic primary goes and as for "Baby murder" there is that whole Roe vs. Wade thing. Don't vote, it's YOUR right that you are not using. I will say this though, regardless of what party you belong to there are a lot of women who would have some serious things to say about your views as a man on what they should be allowed to do with THEIR bodies.

It's not THEIR bodies I am worried, about it's the other bodies they are carrying within their bodies. However even though I feel strongly against abortion, I generally don't hold that against politicians.

The main problem in all American politics is being limited to a 2 party system. I'm happy to see a Libertarian candidate getting on the ballot. I don't know anything about him yet, but competition breeds quality. So I'm happy for that. As of right now I am leaving towards Ives in the Primary. Would I vote for Rauner again? Yes, but I think Ives is better. I also need to take a serious look at the Libertarian candidates getting on the ballot this coming election.

Ok, you understand the repercussions your "no-vote." Some people don't. Lot's of "no-votes" from people who were "rubbed the wrong way" by Trump. Made them feel like they were making a significant stand. Glad Trump still won.

Works both ways actually. There was a significant amount of democrats that did the same because of what hitlary did to sanders. I still contend sanders would have won if gotten the nomination, not that I wanted him to, but he had alot more popular support than hillary.

Ok, you understand the repercussions your "no-vote." Some people don't. Lot's of "no-votes" from people who were "rubbed the wrong way" by Trump. Made them feel like they were making a significant stand. Glad Trump still won.

Works both ways actually. There was a significant amount of democrats that did the same because of what hitlary did to sanders. I still contend sanders would have won if gotten the nomination, not that I wanted him to, but he had alot more popular support than hillary.

Agreed. "No-votes" did happen both ways.

That's not a given depending on how ugly the whole democratic primary goes and as for "Baby murder" there is that whole Roe vs. Wade thing. Don't vote, it's YOUR right that you are not using. I will say this though, regardless of what party you belong to there are a lot of women who would have some serious things to say about your views as a man on what they should be allowed to do with THEIR bodies.

I don't think you're hearing me. I don't expect governor Rauner to overturn Roe v. Wade. I DID expect him to continue the ban on using public money to fund abortions. He just couldn't avoid doing that. I can't understand why. Are you aware that Illinois is the only state that allows tax money to be used for abortion? And it happened because a Republican governor signed off on it? That's not acceptable.

Trump isn't using tax money for abortion. I have no problems with Trump. I think he's great. And, if he does have the chance to appoint one or two more Supreme Court justices, Roe v. Wade could be in serious jeopardy.

Trump uses Twitter to get his message to the people. Since the "news Media" will not give uou the truth.

President Trump, doesn't that sound so good, has to go around the Democratic controled media.

Even when he does twit they try to turn it around.

Hopefully the people can see through it.

Trump Tweeting is fine but he is the President. Somebody should proof read his Tweets and then the MSM won't have a field day with them. He does Tweet some bizarre stuff and being the President, well some of it is beneath him. It is a changing world. A year plus after the election and you still have Obozo talking about climate change. What ever happened to the days when you left office and just shut up? For example W? He said congratulations, Obozo was sworn in and no more from W. The same with HRC," I wrote a book". Who cares?

You're lucky to not be in prison.

You and anybody else who bad-mouths Trump's tweets just doesn't get it.

Trump Tweeting is fine but he is the President. Somebody should proof read his Tweets and then the MSM won't have a field day with them. He does Tweet some bizarre stuff and being the President, well some of it is beneath him. It is a changing world. A year plus after the election and you still have Obozo talking about climate change. What ever happened to the days when you left office and just shut up? For example W? He said congratulations, Obozo was sworn in and no more from W. The same with HRC," I wrote a book". Who cares?

You're lucky to not be in prison.

You and anybody else who bad-mouths Trump's tweets just doesn't get it.

I get it, he's the PRESIDENT and when he Tweets something stupid the MSM jumps all over it. I'm all for him Tweeting but he needs to show a little more self control. He's supposed to be the most powerful man on the planet and some of his Tweets are not Presidential.

I'll give you one thing, you definitely stick up for Trump and LaPierre regardless of some of the stupid things they say or do. They are human and make mistakes. That doesn't mean I don't like them or "get it". Did you ever think that maybe you don't "get it".

Have you ever noticed the times when Trump baits/manipulates the left-wing media?

Archived