North Korea missile launch

Gunslinger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17698438

For some reason the image of a giant missile in a box labled ACME comes to mind.

lol...

On a serious note - I really don't care much for this fear-mongering style news. I see this as a world-scale 2A, they can have any weapons they want for all I care. And if they tried to do anything to us over here they'd be buried in a hurry. On the other hand, if Japan and South Korea are having concerns then they need to arm themselves so they can respond appropriately if challenged.

I am not saying this is what they are doing but everyone has their boxers in a wad about them having nuclear weapons and a long range missile. Why not launch a dud so the world goes back to sleep for a while and while no one is watching all of a sudden they have one that worked all along. Niw they are a real problem that we have been dismissing and everyone is in a scramble to appease them.

This has always been interesting to me...

We laugh at North Korea, while they already have a nuke.

Yet when Iran is brought up, we collectively pee pee our selves...

Why isnt the DOD more vocal about North Korea?

What makes North Korea a joke, and Iran some dire threat?

...I know the answer, just wondering if anyone else has asked themselves the same.

...I know the answer, just wondering if anyone else has asked themselves the same.

Maybe because Iran would be more willing to start a war, while North Korea just postures and doesn't have the stones to actually do it?

Maybe, but they don't need nukes to attack Israel. Wonder why they don't attack if they are so willing to start a war.

Maybe because Iran would be more willing to start a war, while North Korea just postures and doesn't have the stones to actually do it?

Don't make any mistake about Horth Korea's "stones", they would be more than willing to do it if given the opportunity.

There is actually some question about whether or not Nort Korea actually has a working or deliverable nuke. Their first test was in October 2006. It was underground and there was no radiation release and the estimated yield was about one kiloton. An explosion that small could actually be simulated as a nuke deonation and in any event, if it was anuke it was probably a failure. The otyher test was in May 2009 and also underground with no radiation release. It was believed to be about 2 kilotons in size and again, the North Koreans don't have have a lot of credibility when it comes to accurate reporting.

On the other side of Asia, Iran is the avowed mortal enemy of Israel and has promised for decades that Israel will be destroyed in "a sea of fire." Iran, once it has a nuke, will be the in fact leader of all Islamic countries. The covert war it has be waging against Israel (and the US) through Hamas and Hezbollah will come out into the open. Iran wants to rule southwest Asia and export the Islamic Revolution throughout the world and getting nukes is another huge step in that direction.

North Korea just wants it's military to remainin power and if possible, take over South Korea. For nowm, they are happy to play the shell game with the west in order to stay in power.

Maybe, but they don't need nukes to attack Israel. Wonder why they don't attack if they are so willing to start a war.

because Israel would nuke Iran if they attacked

regarding North Korea, they may have the nukes, but the rocket failure (as well as all their previous rocket failures) show they dont have the ability to send the nukes anywhere

regarding North Korea, they may have the nukes, but the rocket failure (as well as all their previous rocket failures) show they dont have the ability to send the nukes anywhere

Israel was attacked in 1948, 1956, 1967 and 1973. It took four tries for 150 million Arabs to finally figure out that 6 million Israelis could and would kick their collective a$$es.

Iran (and the Arab nations) know that they cannot beat the collective will of a nation founded after the European holocaust which was the last attempt to wipe out the Jewish religion. People motivated by a promise of genoicide if they lose have a way of fighting as if their lives depended on the outcome.

The only way Irasn can subjugate the rest of the islamic world is to unite them to a common cause and wiping out Israel would do that for them.

North Korea can't conquer or subjugate anything or anyone other than themselves. They can't go south because the South Korean Army would overrun them inside of thirty days with massive casualties on both sides and the end of the Peoples Democratic Republic of Korea. They are desperate to just keep the status quo and the military in charge of the country. Their greatest fear is that the general population finds out that everything they have been told is great big lie. Want to win in Korea? Figure out a way to deliver uncensored broad band Internet access to the population. Three months later there would be mass executions of the existing government leaders and bureaucrats.

Iran having nukes doesn't change the fact that Israel could retaliate with a nuclear strike.

Archived