Fix The FOID Act ?

Fix THE FOID ACT ?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 chicagoresident

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

I understand that, I was responding to someone directly who called a (good) dead cop a complete moron.

I think he was talking about the person who wrote the news article at the top. As his name was Commander Paul Bauer
This. They've changed it since, but the news article tried to use Paul Bauer's name to stir emotions, but didn't even have enough respect to get his name right.

I'm not laughing at the tragedy, but I did LOL when Raw did the exact same thing in this self own outrage about respecting the dead.

Please respect the dead. Eddie Bauer was a good officer who died in the line of duty chasing a violent suspect. He was probably one of the last good beat cops in Chicago who rose through the ranks and still treated his job seriously.

Eddie Bauer is a poser outdoor brand extremely popular with East coast and Midwest liberals.

Edited by chicagoresident, 22 May 2019 - 09:14 AM.

#32 Raw Power

• 1,372 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

I understand that, I was responding to someone directly who called a (good) dead cop a complete moron.

I think he was talking about the person who wrote the news article at the top. As his name was Commander Paul Bauer

Commander Paul Bauer was killed in a shootout after chasing a subject in the Chicago loop.

https://www.usatoday...week/335315002/

#33 Raw Power

• 1,372 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:38 AM

This. They've changed it since, but the news article tried to use Paul Bauer's name to stir emotions, but didn't even have enough respect to get his name right.

I'm not laughing at the tragedy, but I did LOL when Raw did the exact same thing in this self own outrage about respecting the dead.
Eddie Bauer is a poser outdoor brand extremely popular with East coast and Midwest liberals.

That was a brain fart. Still, the article quoted at the top of this post got it correct. Eddie Johnson is the person that made the comments. Paul Bauer was the cop who got killed in a shootout after a foot chase.

#34 steveTA84

• 4,740 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:42 AM

Lake County Sheriff (an MDA shill) is publicly backing this it looks like

atF7Q6x.jpg
C679hqU.jpg

#35 Popeye

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

Shill? He's a declared democrat, of course he's towing the party line.

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement I'd be unstoppable.

#36 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:42 AM

Shill? He's a declared democrat, of course he's towing the party line.

Lake County is desperate to follow Cook all the way down. It's actually sad to watch the creeping Progressive cockroaches taking over.

As someone who has lived in Lake County for over 60 years it really sucks to see what has happened here.

#37 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,639 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

How can that clown state that he's a spokesperson for a governmental agency in his profile, then state "views are my own". That doesn't seem to pass muster, or at least it wouldn't in the private sector.

#38 Flynn

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

As someone who has lived in Lake County for over 60 years it really sucks to see what has happened here.

+1

I have lived in Lake County my entire life and it's gone down the toilet further every year, never would I have imagined that my retirement planes included running away from where I grew up as fast as I could run...

Anonymous leakers, leak anonymously about the anonymous leak.

—Anonymous

#39 Popeye

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

Born and raised in Wadsworth. Joined the Navy and in 2001 transferred to Great Lakes. Bought a house in Zion, figured to spend my retirement here. Not now. We have some land in Texas we will be building a house on and will be gone before 2022 gets here if things move along as planned.

#40 357

• 1,645 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

The FOID can only be fixed by getting rid of it.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#41 jim123

• Members
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

So if we were fingerprinted for the carry permit will they want us to get finger printed again to renew the foid?

#42 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,121 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:05 PM

What complete moron was stupid enough to get a job writing such stupidity as "Commander Eddie Bauer"???

I'm pretty sure that was directed at me. You don't get it, so move on.

ETA: I'm pretty sure I posted this earlier, maybe I forgot to hit the Post button.

Stupid speelchick.

Edited by Mr. Fife, 22 May 2019 - 05:08 PM.

Have all boated who fish?

#43 Popeye

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:44 PM

So if we were fingerprinted for the carry permit will they want us to get finger printed again to renew the foid?

I opted to not submit fingerprints for my carry permit. Wonder if they will require them in the future.

#44 357

• 1,645 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:11 PM

How do 45 other states manage without the FOID and have less crime than Illinois?
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#45 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

I thought I read you don't need prints for your FOID if you had them for your FCCL. One set for all firearms is what I recall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#46 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

How do 45 other states manage without the FOID and have less crime than Illinois?

They don't have Chicago that's how.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#47 Colt guy

• 1,385 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

How are these people creating a text to send Springfield a message ?
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#48 g29er123

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:24 AM

Dont make the mistake of thinking that Accurate Biometrics doesnt lobby to IL politicians. They do, and I am sure they are also pushing for this. 

#49 steveTA84

• 4,740 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

Dont make the mistake of thinking that Accurate Biometrics doesnt lobby to IL politicians. They do, and I am sure they are also pushing for this.

They do and they are

https://ilwd4cr.home...ey-for-cronies/

#50 Dx54r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:54 AM

Yea, if this passes im never going to renew my FOID card again. Ill leave the state before it expires.

#51 Popeye

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

Yea, if this passes im never going to renew my FOID card again. Ill leave the state before it expires.

I'm hoping I can move before it expires. Worse case scenario is I get a Texas ID based on my property I have down there. I'll miss my property tax when I move though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users