New Ruger SR9c

sirflyguy

Just picked up my new Ruger SR9c (black slide) today. I really like how it feels. I was looking for a semi-auto that was just a bit smaller for more close-quarters social events. Only downside is it does not fit any of my IWB holsters (my wife's SR40 fits in them very well). Guess I will have to buy yet another holster! :)

Oh, I also bought it for my IL FCCL classes as an example of a more compact gun.

Since it is rainy here today, no shooting it yet. Sigh...

I opened it up when I got it home, and it was indeed very lubed from the factory.

I am not a fan of tiny carry guns at all (LCP, etc). I do realize that for me, there are some public situations where it just doesn't work out to wear my XDM9 or 40 or my other regular sized guns. But I just don't want to carry a revolver for those situations (I have been doing so while I chose and then waited for the SR9c). I think the SR9c will be perfect for what I want.

I did look at a Taurus Millenium G2 a few months ago, and I really liked the feel of it, but I just can't get past my first Taurus experience.

My wife has an SR40 that we both just love, so I decided to stay with Ruger.

Archived