Renewing CCL During Covid

Looking for a little bit of help on this one. My CCL expires in 02/2021. From what I understood, if you apply for renewal before it expires, you can go back and submit the proof of taking the 3 hour class once COVID is over.

However, when I step through the Renewal process on the ISP web site, I get to an 'instructor' section asking for their name, certificate number, and date of training. Since I haven't taken the renewal course yet, what do I put in this section? Do I leave it blank and just continue through the application? Do I not submit the renewal yet?

Thanks!

Looking for a little bit of help on this one. My CCL expires in 02/2021. From what I understood, if you apply for renewal before it expires, you can go back and submit the proof of taking the 3 hour class once COVID is over.

However, when I step through the Renewal process on the ISP web site, I get to an 'instructor' section asking for their name, certificate number, and date of training. Since I haven't taken the renewal course yet, what do I put in this section? Do I leave it blank and just continue through the application? Do I not submit the renewal yet?

Thanks!

You should be able to navigate past that page. Just leave those boxes blank. Let us know if there is a problem.

Thanks!

You should be able to navigate past that page. Just leave those boxes blank. Let us know if there is a problem.

Well, we'll see what happens. I called the place where I took the class and they said don't do anything with it and it should be fine. However, their FAQ's lead me to believe that you need to pay and step through the renewal process. But another FAQ makes it sound like you don't have to...
I ended up going through the renewal on the web site this-morning and paying the $150 and see what happens. Worst case scenario, it gets denied and maybe I'm out $150 bucks. I just know I do not want to sit through a 16 hour class again. I was afraid I would do nothing, it would expire, and then I would have to pay to start over again, both financially AND in my time. That class was brutal. :D
Thanks for the response with it all. I'll see what happens and cross my fingers that I did it correctly.
Thank You!

Another update, in case anybody else is wondering. I wished this information was posted up on their web site, but the only thing I saw were two FAQ's that kind of contradict themselves. After you submit your renewal, you will receive an email that says the following. This would had been helpful to know, as it pretty much answers my question...

----

Thank you for submitting your application for an Illinois Concealed Carry License. The Illinois State Police will issue your license pending verification all information is accurate and meets state requirements. Under normal circumstances, applications are processed within 120 days (or within 90 days if fingerprints provided). During the COVID-19 pandemic, and under the emergency administrative rules issued as a result of the state's disaster declaration, FOID card holders and CCL card holders who submit their renewal applications will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.
If you have submitted for renewal and you are concerned about your current card expiring, see below:
Under the authority of 430 ILCS 66/70 ©, A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act. (Italicized for emphasis.)
----
The part that sticks out is the "FOID card holders and CCL card holders who submit their renewal applications will remain valid during the duration..."
So if anybody else is wondering, I feel pretty confident in saying that you submit your renewal before expiration, then take the class, then somehow submit your proof of the class to the state. I'm sure how we submit our proof will be my next question in about (hopefully) six months when all this is over.

its in half a dozen threads here.

but more repeat exposure is always a fresh breeze

Now Carry On.......

Clowns are supposed to be cheerful and happy not , gloom , despair , and agony on me.

Really

Seriously

Take a look at that face

You see any happy, cheerful BS hanging off that nose? No.

See those eyes, yeah that's what I thought!

And for the Doom, Gloom, Despair, head over to any thread about the election, Biden and guns, or opinion threads about the covid!

Now Carry On.......

It's probably on more than half a dozen threads but wading through it all get confusing. Unless you hang out on this page all the time which I don't.

I reapplied before mine expired and I'm hoping I'm OK and not breaking any laws.

Can you even take a renewal class now?????

Now Carry On.......

It's probably on more than half a dozen threads but wading through it all get confusing. Unless you hang out on this page all the time which I don't.

I reapplied before mine expired and I'm hoping I'm OK and not breaking any laws.

Can you even take a renewal class now?????

Yes, you can take the renewal class now, if you can find one.

I'm kind of confused. Why wouldn't you just take the 3 hour course, it seems like it would give you a better chance of not encountering issues where you throw the 150.00 away, waste all that time and put you in a position where you have to do everything again, spend the cash again and go from only needing the 3 hour class to needing the 16 hour class.

Can you not find a class or something that offers the 3 hour session due to covid-19 or whatever?

I'm kind of confused. Why wouldn't you just take the 3 hour course, it seems like it would give you a better chance of not encountering issues where you throw the 150.00 away, waste all that time and put you in a position where you have to do everything again, spend the cash again and go from only needing the 3 hour class to needing the 16 hour class.

Can you not find a class or something that offers the 3 hour session due to covid-19 or whatever?

I took my Renewal class back in Oct. Illinois Protect and Conceal # 847-975-4355 his name is Paul and he has openings for New and Renewals.

Archived