CCW Appeal almost 18 months and still pending.

Hello,

I got a DUI in 2011 and completed everything in 2012. I completed my CCW 16 hour course at On Target in 2014.

I applied for my concealed carry license and was denied based on taking a drug and alcohol course… a requirement for every convicted DUI. Apparently I can be denied for that being that my application was within 5 years of my conviction.

The 5 years have passed and in February 2018 I sent an appeal via the Illinois CCW website and the appeal is still currently “under review” nearly a year and a half later.

Appeal seemed to be my only option as I could not reapply.

I was wondering if you may have any insight on how I can get this resolved. If you have any guidance around this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

It'd be nice if something was in place to clear the denial and allow a new application after the allotted time.

For example, your legal issues were taken care of in 2012... 5 years from that date (and the ISP know that date), the system should clear your denial and allow a new application.

You shouldn't have to appeal a denial that no longer applies.

Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Yes, but in this case there should be no appeal... he was rightfully denied (based on the law), so that should be the end of it... there's nothing to appeal.

It's time now for him to submit a new application.

Hopefully Molly sees this, as I'm thinking a call to the ISP will get his denied status reset and allow him to apply again.

Yes, but in this case there should be no appeal... he was rightfully denied (based on the law), so that should be the end of it... there's nothing to appeal. It's time now for him to submit a new application. Hopefully Molly sees this, as I'm thinking a call to the ISP will get his denied status reset and allow him to apply again.

Indeed, and I certainly own my mistake. The law is written in an unusual manner. 2 violations in 5 years are cause for denial and I had one, however if you take the drug and alcohol course that is also a reason for denial. However that is required for any DUI/wreckless driving charge. Not sure why the law is written this way.

The admins reached out to me and are trying to get the application reset. At the time the only option available on the ISP website was to appeal.

I have submitted w/o prints on 2/2/19

about a month ago i get a notice to fix- did so 1-2 days after I saw it posted on the site

zip code was off by one digit. When i original applied 5 years I listed on the application the correct zip code

which matched my drivers license , The DL was off by one digit I did`nt corrected it until I renewed my drivers

They issued the ccw license at that time matching the DL

June 2018 I corrected the zip code. when renewing my drivers license. I Started to ccw renewal process in 2/19

funny how it took them 120 days to look at it then , I corrected it immediately, now waiting?

It seems that they would look at it within 30 days to see if I had corrected the address/zip and make a determination

What do I go back to the end of the LINE?- Molly give me your opinion

Thanks

What do I go back to the end of the LINE?- Molly give me your opinion

Thanks

It's possible that the timeline would start over but I doubt it since it seems they have already had eyes on your renewal. Please keep us posted and we'll know going forward what a correction like this does to the timeline. In the meantime, your CCL remains valid.

Archived