Volunteers Needed to Monitor New Bills - Updated with Bill Lists

mauserme

HB-0461 is one to watch.

DHHS-DEVELOP DISABILITY REPORT

"Amends the Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code. Repeals the Section providing that if a person 14 years or older is determined to be a person with a developmental disability by a physician, clinical psychologist, or qualified examiner, the person making the determination shall notify the Department of Health and Human Services within 7 days, who then shall notify the Department of State Police, if appropriate, to determine continuing eligibility under the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Makes a conforming change in the Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Confidentiality Act."

Is this repealing something that already exists?

Yes it is.

The language being stricken was added as part of SB836 (99th GA), our trailer bill from last year.

HB0521

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that the provision of the Code that makes it an offense for a person who possesses or acquires a firearm and thereafter loses the firearm, or if the firearm is stolen from the person, to fail to report the loss or theft to the local law enforcement agency within 72 hours after obtaining knowledge of the loss or theft is a Class 4 felony for a third offense (rather than a Class A misdemeanor) and a Class 3 felony for a fourth or subsequent offense. Effective immediately.

Didnt see this listed

HB0510

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that after the disposition of a criminal case or in any criminal case where a final judgment in the case was not entered due to the death of the defendant, and when a confiscated weapon is no longer needed for evidentiary purposes, and when in due course no legitimate claim has been made for the weapon, a weapon transferred to a law enforcement agency may be sold by the law enforcement agency at public auction under the Law Enforcement Disposition of Property Act. Amends the Domestic Violence: Order of Protection Article of the Code of Criminal Procedure of 1963 and the Illinois Domestic Violence Act of 1986. Provides that upon expiration of the period of safekeeping of a firearm of a respondent against whom an order of protection was issued, if the firearms or Firearm Owner's Identification Card cannot be returned to respondent because the respondent cannot be located, fails to respond to requests to retrieve the firearms, or is not lawfully eligible to possess a firearm, upon petition from the local law enforcement agency, the court may order the local law enforcement agency to sell the firearm at public auction under the provisions of the Law Enforcement Disposition of Property Act. Amends the Law Enforcement Disposition of Property Act. Provides that weapons that have been confiscated as a result of having been abandoned or illegally possessed may be sold at public auction under the Act.

HB-0699 seems to be a second FOID repeal bill. :laugh:

Just a few that popped out, seems a bunch of gun related ones were added all at once:

HB-0714 FIREARM OWNERS ID-LOCAL REG

HB-0715 FIREARMS- MUNICIPAL REGULATION

HB-0717 CONCEALED CARRY-OFFICIALS

HB-0719 CONCEAL CARRY ACT-MILITARY ID

HB-0720 FIREARM OWNERS ID-18 YEARS

HB0666 CONCEALED CARRY-CK CTY FOREST

HB0745 FIREARMS FINGERPRINTING

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that on and after the effective date of the bill, each applicant for the issuance or renewal of a Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall provide a full set of his or her fingerprints in electronic format to the Department of State Police. Provides that fingerprints collected shall be checked against the Department of State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal history record databases now and hereafter filed. Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Removes the option of not providing a set of fingerprints with a concealed carry license application (rather than the Department may accept an application submitted without a set of fingerprints in which case the Department shall be granted 30 days in addition to the 90-day period to issue or deny a license). Makes other conforming changes.

HB0747 CONCEALED CARRY FEE-MILITARY

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that notwithstanding whether the laws of the state or territory where the non-resident resides related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying, are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under the Act, the Department of State Police shall by rule allow for a non-resident license application if the applicant is an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States stationed in this State or the spouse of an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States stationed in this State. Provides that the applicant shall pay the resident license or renewal fees (rather than the non-resident fees). Effective immediately.

HB0781 CRIM CD-SHORTENED RIFLE

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that the unlawful use of weapons violation prohibiting a person from selling, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or carrying a rifle having one or more barrels less than 16 inches in length does not apply to a rifle with a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches in length if the overall length of the weapon as modified is less than 26 inches and the person selling, manufacturing, purchasing, or possessing the rifle has been issued a Dealer in Firearms Other Than Destructive Devices license or a Manufacturer of Firearms Other Than Destructive Devices license from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Effective immediately.

HB0796 CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE FEE

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearms Concealed Carry Act. Provides that for a new or renewal concealed carry license, the fee shall be $100 (rather than $150), of which $80 (rather than $120) shall be apportioned to the State Police Firearm Services Fund, $15 (rather than $20) shall be apportioned to the Mental Health Reporting Fund, and $5 (rather than $10) shall be apportioned to the State Crime Laboratory Fund. Effective immediately.

HB0666 CONCEALED CARRY-CK CTY FOREST

What an appropriate bill number.

LOL, I thought of that also when I saw the bill number

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Eliminates provision that a licensee under the Act shall not knowingly carry a firearm on any real property under the control of the Cook County Forest Preserve District. Effective immediately.

Not really Firearm related, but perhaps could effect some that read the board here

SB0747 FINGERPRINT VENDOR EQUIP

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor, and Locksmith Act of 2004. Provides that the requirement for licensure that an applicant must submit certification issued by the Department of State Police that the applicant's fingerprinting equipment and software meets all specifications required by the Department of State Police applies to fingerprint vendor agencies (rather than fingerprint vendors), and that the requirement is a continuing requirement for licensure. Adds as a qualification for licensure as a fingerprint vendor that an applicant provides proof of compliance with the Department fingerprinting equipment and software specifications if the applicant is not required to obtain a fingerprint vendor agency license under the Act. Effective immediately.

Wow, lots of shell bills this week replacing "the" with "the" or "and" with "and"! Meanwhile,

SB0766 FIREARMS-POLLING PLACE

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Prohibits a licensee under the Act from knowingly carry a firearm on or into any building, real property, or parking area of a polling place holding an election authorized under the Election Code.

HB1772 FINGERPRINT VENDOR EQUIP

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor, and Locksmith Act of 2004. Provides that the requirement for licensure that an applicant must submit certification issued by the Department of State Police that the applicant's fingerprinting equipment and software meets all specifications required by the Department of State Police applies to fingerprint vendor agencies (rather than fingerprint vendors), and that the requirement is a continuing requirement for licensure. Adds as a qualification for licensure as a fingerprint vendor that an applicant provides proof of compliance with the Department fingerprinting equipment and software specifications if the applicant is not required to obtain a fingerprint vendor agency license under the Act. Effective immediately.

and a House silencer bill

HB1793 CRIM CD-USE OF SILENCERS

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when he knowingly uses, attaches, or possesses with the intent to use or attach any device or attachment of any kind for silencing the report of any handgun, unless the use, attachment, or possession with the intent to use the device or attachment is on the premises of a firing or shooting range; or possess any device or attachment of any kind designed, used, or intended for use in silencing the report of any other firearm if the device or attachment is not possessed in compliance with the federal National Firearms Act. Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful sale or delivery of firearms when he or she transfers or gives a suppressor or silencer to a person not authorized to possess the suppressor or silencer under federal law. Amends the Wildlife Code. Removes the prohibition of using a silencer or other device to muffle or mute the sound of the explosion or report resulting from the firing of any gun. Effective immediately.

I obviously have a lot of spare time LOL

HB1810 USE/OCC TAX-FIREARMS

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Use Tax Act, Service Use Tax Act, Service Occupation Tax Act, and Retailers' Occupation Tax Act. Imposes a 3.75% surcharge on firearms and firearm component parts. Amends the State Finance Act. Creates the At-Risk Youth Assistance Fund. Provides that the 3.75% surcharge shall be deposited into the Fund. Sets forth the purposes for which moneys in the Fund may be used. Effective immediately.

Mauser I contacted my Senator to see if he is going to sponsor the Non-resident military bill again and waiting to here back. I didn't see it in the list of bills.

Update; Good news one is be drafted now per my request.

Mauser I contacted my Senator to see if he is going to sponsor the Non-resident military bill again and waiting to here back. I didn't see it in the list of bills.

Update; Good news one is be drafted now per my request.

HB0747 or would that be different?

HB0747 CONCEALED CARRY FEE-MILITARY

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that notwithstanding whether the laws of the state or territory where the non-resident resides related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying, are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under the Act, the Department of State Police shall by rule allow for a non-resident license application if the applicant is an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States stationed in this State or the spouse of an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States stationed in this State. Provides that the applicant shall pay the resident license or renewal fees (rather than the non-resident fees). Effective immediately.

Mauser I contacted my Senator to see if he is going to sponsor the Non-resident military bill again and waiting to here back. I didn't see it in the list of bills.Update; Good news one is be drafted now per my request.

If you don't mind, call me or send me a text before posting the details.
I'll call when he gets back to me.

@interested that is a House Bill you referenced I'm talking about the Senate Bill.

HB2354 LETHAL ORDER OF PROTECTION

Synopsis As Introduced

Creates the Lethal Violence Order of Protection Act. Provides that a petitioner may request an emergency lethal violence order of protection by filing an affidavit or verified pleading alleging that the respondent poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself, or another by having in his or her custody or control, owning, purchasing, possessing, or receiving a firearm. Provides that the petition shall also describe the type, and location of any firearm or firearms presently believed by the petitioner to be possessed or controlled by the respondent. Provides that the petitioner may be a family member of the respondent or a law enforcement officer, who files a petition alleging that the respondent poses a danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself, or another by having in his or her custody or control, owning, purchasing, possessing, or receiving a firearm. Establishes factors that the court must consider before issuing a lethal violence order of protection. Provides for the issuance of ex parte orders and one year orders. Provides that if the court issues the order the respondent must: (1) refrain from having in his or her custody or control, owning, purchasing, possessing, or receiving additional firearms for the duration of the order; and (2) turn over to the local law enforcement agency any firearm, Firearm Owner's Identification Card, or concealed carry license in his or her possession. Establishes factors for renewing and terminating lethal violence orders of protection. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act and the Firearm Concealed Carry Act to make conforming changes.

Archived