Renewing CCL Question

Dieter

I went online and filled out the renewal app with a pic of my 3 hour mclass cert and a pic of myself. I did have a new address which i entered. I did change that on my DL/ID several months ago. My questions is do I have to change the address on my FOID card also? I remember hearing something about not changing the address on the FOID card when renewing a CCL. Is that correct? I really do need a FOID card with my correct address on it due to some ammo shippers requiring a pic of it to ship ammo to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

DL

• 2 months later...

92 days no info yet. I tried to call ISP yesterday 2x and the message said basically we are busy and call back later, then click. When should I start to get really concerned? No criminal or mental history whatsoever. I have been fingerprinted on many different occasions and even DNA sampled by the military. This is a joke.

D

• 1 month later...

So I finally got my renewed CCL with new address.I did not receive a FOID card with it. So I have a few questions....

Could the FOID card come in a different envelope?

If I requested a new FOID card, would it come with the new address on it. Should I request an address change on the FOID card since it would be different from the previous FOID card?

I do realize that a CCL doubles as a FOID card for ammo and gun purchases etc... but I dont see the need to advertise that I can legally carry unless I have to.

Thanks in advance,

D

Archived