Dick's Sporting Goods Getting Whacked, and Sales Sagging

quackersmacker

The Dick's by me (Lombard) hasn't sold anything but entry level bolt and lever action rifles, semi-auto .22s, and entry level pump and semi-auto shotguns since they took over from Galyan's. Galyan's at least sold handguns before they sold to Dick's.

Other than ammo, cheap gun cases and gun safes, and some cheap hunting apparel, Dick's hasn't had anything anyone who's been into firearms for a while would be interested in. They claimed they could get you anything, at one point I was looking for a Browning Buckmark rifle and they could order it for me but it was at MSRP. pffffft. I shopped around and found one for a couple hundred less.

They seem to have fair prices on ammo for the most part but I'll get mine from Gat Guns even though it's out of my way before I go back to Dick's, at least until they wake up and apologize to the 2nd amendment community. I expect they'll drop their complete line of hunting equipment before they do that though.

I unsubscribed from their email blasts and when the online tool asked why I explained that I was no longer patronizing them as they were not supportive of the 2nd amendment. I stated that if they'd remained neutral I'd be patronizing them but not when they're actively fighting against my rights.

We'll see. Perhaps they'll wake up. Or not...

Well, you know it's been a busy legislative day when a topic title like this WAS survives 14+ hours. . . oh, quacker . . :nono:

Hi Molly, not sure what your point is actually, but if I'm interpreting your letters right, it's actually been less than 4 hours. oh, Molly.....

Well, you know it's been a busy legislative day when a topic title like this WAS survives 14+ hours. . . oh, quacker . . :nono:

Hi Molly, not sure what your point is actually, but if I'm interpreting your letters right, it's actually been less than 4 hours. oh, Molly.....

LOL, I thought it was posted at 6 this a.m. . . . Whew! Mr. B thought we should at least give you credit for the humor!

I personally do not like the company... however I dont want to see them go out of business completely....... in the interest of capitalism....... I like to use Academy ..... whose prices stay low because of competition

MORE than enough competition, both in guns and definitely ammo ,in big internet dealers. F Dicks, let em die.

And don't forget to tell corporate that you have stopped all purchases due to their attack on the 2nd Amendment.

They've virtually never had anything I wanted to buy. The only thing that keeps "virtually never" from being "actually never" was one time the online store had some ski stuff (specific brand and specific item) I wanted at a really nice price. I ordered it and waited. And waited. And waited. After a couple weeks, I canceled the order and bought the item somewhere else.

The few times I've been in my local store, it's been a desert (no customers), any time of day, any day of the week. I've gone in looking for stuff thinking maybe they'll have it. Nope. Seriously, I've wondered how they stay open. Additionally, my local store has never sold anything even firearm-related, so this recent firearm policy doesn't affect this store even slightly. I doubt any boycott affects them. Instead of 0 customers, they now have 0 customers. No loss.

Eliminating firearm sales reduces their overhead, because it's a whole set of items that took up shelf space (somewhere) and warehouse space and never moved. They made a big announcement, which just let them cover up a cost-cutting measure by making it seem like a political public service to anti-2As, who still didn't start shopping there.

It's just another brick-and-mortar whimpering toward some dark corner where it can fade from existence with no one noticing. That's all.

They've virtually never had anything I wanted to buy. The only thing that keeps "virtually never" from being "actually never" was one time the online store had some ski stuff (specific brand and specific item) I wanted at a really nice price. I ordered it and waited. And waited. And waited. After a couple weeks, I canceled the order and bought the item somewhere else.

The few times I've been in my local store, it's been a desert (no customers), any time of day, any day of the week. I've gone in looking for stuff thinking maybe they'll have it. Nope. Seriously, I've wondered how they stay open. Additionally, my local store has never sold anything even firearm-related, so this recent firearm policy doesn't affect this store even slightly. I doubt any boycott affects them. Instead of 0 customers, they now have 0 customers. No loss.

Eliminating firearm sales reduces their overhead, because it's a whole set of items that took up shelf space (somewhere) and warehouse space and never moved. They made a big announcement, which just let them cover up a cost-cutting measure by making it seem like a political public service to anti-2As, who still didn't start shopping there.

It's just another brick-and-mortar whimpering toward some dark corner where it can fade from existence with no one noticing. That's all.

Spot-on analysis!

I have to drive past an Academy to get to the local Dick's. There are also a couple of LGS's about 20 minutes the other direction. Order of preference -

1. LGS

2. Gun Show

3. Academy

4. Midway

5. Cheaper than Dirt

6. DuckDuckGo

9.544x10^65: Dick's

Bri

Well at least they are on the list. $$ So what you’re saying is.........there’s still a chance..........?$$

I have to drive past an Academy to get to the local Dick's. There are also a couple of LGS's about 20 minutes the other direction. Order of preference -

1. LGS

2. Gun Show

3. Academy

4. Midway

5. Cheaper than Dirt

6. DuckDuckGo

9.544x10^65: Dick's

Bri

Well at least they are on the list. $$ So what you’re saying is.........there’s still a chance..........?$$

Yes, they are. But if it came down to there only being two samples on Earth of something I HAD to have (life threatening emergency), and I had to buy it from either Dick's or Hillary Clinton, well.....

I'd have to think long and hard.

Bri

To add insult to injury, Dick's destroyed their AR-15 inventory rather than risk them getting into circulation. They deserve bankruptcy for that kind of idiocy.

"We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change," a spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

To add insult to injury, Dick's destroyed their AR-15 inventory rather than risk them getting into circulation. They deserve bankruptcy for that kind of idiocy.

"We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change," a spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Oh, yeah. Go for it. Might as well take money and burn it. I'm sure that's good for long term viability.

Archived