What might we expect from Pritzker after he wins?

vito

Possibly the toilet tax issue will tilt the election toward Rauner, but in this State it generally is a pretty safe bet to assume the Democrat will win a statewide office. If Pritzker does win, what might we expect from him regarding guns and gun control? I think he will be busy with other issues and not address the whole subject of guns right away, but ultimately he will seek to shore up support within the Democrat base by proposing at least some gun control laws. I just wonder what it might be that he brings to the legislature,

Possibly the toilet tax issue will tilt the election toward Rauner, but in this State it generally is a pretty safe bet to assume the Democrat will win a statewide office. If Pritzker does win, what might we expect from him regarding guns and gun control? I think he will be busy with other issues and not address the whole subject of guns right away, but ultimately he will seek to shore up support within the Democrat base by proposing at least some gun control laws. I just wonder what it might be that he brings to the legislature,

Ban magazines over 10 rounds.

Ban online ammunition sales.

Ban body armor.

Increased wait time to purchase a firearm.

Enact Firearm purchase limits. (1 per month)

Statewide ammo and gun tax.

All police and government workers exempt from new requirements.

I think he will make gun-control a solid part of his agenda. It's been a big thing for him (and his family) before, and he's on record many times with his disdain for the 2nd amendment. The bill putting all small FFL dealers out of business will be a given, and then he'll work to ban tactical rifles, standard capacity magazines, and large caliber rifles.

Ban body armor.

An "assault weapon ban" defining them to be broader semi auto based.

State licensing bill.

The ILGA that could not get their ammo serialzation and other anti-bills that failed will be back resubmitting those.

MUCH depends upon the pro-firearm caucus makeup of the House and Senate after the election.

JB can't sign a bill that never makes it to his desk.

Worst case - every odious gun bill of the last century will be resurrected

and Illinois will find out the hard way just how many lawful firearms owners it HAD

and how they greatly boosted both the State's economy and subsequent tax revenues.

You see, gunowners are generally NOT trapped in the state by economics, they can use their

gun money to move out of this state.

THEN the politicians will be in the enviable position of having their howling mob of constituents out

for handouts or blood - and they won't have enough pockets to pick to save their lives.

************ or **********************

The bad bills become law, gunowners hang on and gain in strength as every &^*& fudd gets converted,

and the next few Illinois elections become known as the FOID holders revenge.

Well.......... I can dream, CAN'T I?????

Permanent, irreversible loss of law abiding citizen's rights. And, greater numbers of gang-related shootings and killings. Those that can, will leave the state, thus increasing the power of the evil progressive/Democrat mobs. The majority of the electorate will be on some type of government aid and, in turn, continue supporting those that will give them more government aid. More government aid will require higher state taxes, so the evils ones will vote to raise taxes higher and higher. Forget about those non-taxed pensions. If you think real estate taxes are high now, just wait.

Real fire and brimstone stuff!

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:58 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:58 AM - No reason given
JB is NOT a shoe in. Even the press hammered him with his toilet stunt. The far left will still vote for him, but it’s our job to convince people that hate Rauner that JB will be worse. Better to have what you know rather than what you don’t know

Look at California and understand you see the model left wants to follow - from escalating/progressive state tax rate to Cali gun laws. registries for 'permitted' handguns, statewide AWB, mag restrictions , further rifle restrictions, etc.

They keep banning individual models of common handguns there.

Can't sell or offer for sale in California. Look at all the S&W revolvers!:

https://www.oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov/files/pdfs/firearms/removed.pdf

Looks like they're banning basically all Glocks along with Desert Eagles starting 01/01/2020 and a whole bunch of others on 01/01/2019.

https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns

full story at link

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-governor-rauner-pritzker-election-illinois-20180929-story.html

Endorsement: Re-elect Gov. Bruce Rauner to give Illinois a fighting chance

Focus instead on the one reality that should guide your vote for governor of Illinois.

If Pritzker wins, heck empower the same Democratic leaders who have heaped enormous benefits on public employee unions and other pet constituencies; in return, the politicians reap the campaign money and muscle that keeps them in control. Owing to the Democrats chronic overpromising, overspending, overborrowing and overtaxing, Illinois citizens, their children and grandchildren face vast public debts they may be unable to repay.

Pritzker sees this destiny. He instead wants you to look backward at the past four years, including a nasty quest for a budget. You dont, though, hear Pritzker criticize Democratic leaders for sending Rauner budgets that would have spent billions of dollars more than Springfield collected. Rauner, a stubborn guy, refused to play the Democrats game.

And over the next four years, someone had better keep refusing these Democratic legislative leaders. Because in Pritzker they see a malleable rookie politician wholl give them what they havent reliably had: a governors signatures on tax increases, spending increases, debt increases.

Pritzker, eager to oblige, wants more tax increases, no matter the damage to the private-sector economy. As if what Illinois needs most is more reasons for its employers and workers and young people to leave.

Pritzkers refusal for well more than a year to divulge his income tax plans ought to stop every voter cold. If his scheme to defraud fellow taxpayers by deactivating toilets in a mansion as Cook Countys inspector general alleges is a Pritzker sin of commission, stonewalling voters on how much more he wants to skim their hard-earned income is a similarly grave sin of omission.

Amending the state constitution to permit a progressive income tax would open the way to sky-high tax rates. Why wont Pritzker be transparent and honest with all of us? How many more billions of dollars does he want to collect, and from whom? Because there just arent enough wealthy Illinoisans whose higher taxes could fix this states finances. Who else gets gouged?

So if you plan to vote for Pritzker because he isnt Rauner, imagine a governor who wont even raise a finger against his fellow Democrats.

Ask yourself whether another dose of unchecked rule by Democratic leaders will restore Illinois to the prosperity and opportunity for which it once was famed.

Then ask whether a second-term Rauner would do exactly what he has tried to do in his first term: deprive those Democratic leaders of their wretched excesses in spending and taxing.

That answer to that is yes, as the Democrats know.

They loathe Rauner. He often stalemates them. Armed only with a veto pen and a bully pulpit, he blocks their exclusive dominion over lawmaking.

Which is precisely why we endorse Bruce Rauner, and urge you to re-elect him governor of Illinois.

Ban body armor.

Wasn't body armor banned from private citizen ownership a year or two ago?

mass exodus

Amen to that !!

FWIW: I posted under the Do Not Panic thread with a link to his platform on gun violence; but agree with many of the responses above.

In addition to that link, the following is on a list of recommendations from one group that has his ear (leader did an ad for Pritzker).

How to strengthen Illinois gun laws?

• Require licensing and regulation of gun dealers.
  • Require firearm registration.
  • Ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines
  • Restrict purchase of multiple firearms
  • Give law enforcement discretion to deny concealed carry permits
  • Allow local regulation of firearms

FWIW: I posted under the Do Not Panic thread with a link to his platform on gun violence; but agree with many of the responses above.

In addition to that link, the following is on a list of recommendations from one group that has his ear (leader did an ad for Pritzker).

How to strengthen Illinois gun laws?

• Require licensing and regulation of gun dealers.
  • Require firearm registration.
  • Ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines
  • Restrict purchase of multiple firearms
  • Give law enforcement discretion to deny concealed carry permits
  • Allow local regulation of firearms

Sounds about right.

-Put all local FFLs out of business

-Register all guns, so they know where to go when they ban them later

-Ban most rifles and magazines (as well as most handgun magazines)

-Severe limits on buying a firearm

-Change the license to "May Issue". See New York & California for this will be implemented.

-Remove all preemptions to make our expensive CCW licenses (even if we're "allowed" to keep them) not worth the plastic they're printed on.

I don't expect him to win if we get out the vote in the numbers needed. The fact is that Dem turnout will be low regardless. JB does not energize the base. He may get the Lake Shore Libs going but most are still not enthused. We cannot afford to be that way. I don't care if you like Rauner or not, go out and vote for the guy.

I don't expect him to win if we get out the vote in the numbers needed. The fact is that Dem turnout will be low regardless. JB does not energize the base. He may get the Lake Shore Libs going but most are still not enthused. We cannot afford to be that way. I don't care if you like Rauner or not, go out and vote for the guy.

This is my hope as well. Jabba doesn't send a tingle up anyone's leg, so if we get out and vote we have a fighting chance. Jabba wants us to believe the polling and stay home.

Archived