Do not panic or worry until it's necessary

crufflesmuth

Reading some of the comments here about Jabba the Hutt potentially winning, it would be some people here have already conceded defeat. If 2016 taught me anything, it would be that nothing is certain, despite the heavy propaganda the media and polls give us. It's pointless to worry or panic until we know what we're dealing with, and until people vote - it's anyones guess.

1) hold your nose and understand that God knows what is in your heart. Pulling the lever for either candidate with a legitimate chance of winning means voting for a baby killer. It's unavoidable. Remember, Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and To God what is God's. It's understood that you must follow laws of man and participate in government as a citizen.

2) Buy 10 round magazines for everything you own. There's going to be a shortage if this doesn't go our way because people sat home.

Posted · Hidden by Lou, October 6, 2018 at 02:15 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Lou, October 6, 2018 at 02:15 PM - No reason given

1) hold your nose and understand that God knows what is in your heart. Pulling the lever for either candidate with a legitimate chance of winning means voting for a baby killer. It's unavoidable. Remember, Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and To God what is God's. It's understood that you must follow laws of man and participate in government as a citizen.

2) Buy 10 round magazines for everything you own. There's going to be a shortage if this doesn't go our way because people sat home.

So you’re going for baby killer over guns?

Posted · Hidden by Lou, October 6, 2018 at 02:40 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Lou, October 6, 2018 at 02:40 PM - No reason given

So who are you voting for the baby killer or the gun grabber?

For what it's worth, we could all say we're 'baby killers', because that is funded through our tax dollars, some could even say the same thing about the millions of children killed from drone strikes. Morality means nothing in a political street-fight. I'd rather have a baby-killer save me in a street-fight, instead of a con-artist and potential felon (Jabba Pritzker). I guess we'll see what happens. I'm not going to get 10 round mags, not a chance. If Kavanaugh gets confirmed to SCOTUS, there is a good chance BS laws like AWB's and magazine limits get struck down in the not to distant future.

For what it's worth, we could all say we're 'baby killers', because that is funded through our tax dollars, some could even say the same thing about the millions of children killed from drone strikes. Morality means nothing in a political street-fight. I'd rather have a baby-killer save me in a street-fight, instead of a con-artist and potential felon (Jabba Pritzker). I guess we'll see what happens. I'm not going to get 10 round mags, not a chance. If Kavanaugh gets confirmed to SCOTUS, there is a good chance BS laws like AWB's and magazine limits get struck down in the not to distant future.

You can say it and he can say it but I can’t say it....lolololol

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:06 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:06 AM - No reason given

I’m selling anything that would covers by an AWB. Why wait until their value drops any more?

what ya got,i might be interested.

Same here lol

Amazes me that some people will do whatever the king says......

I’ll take some if you have any left

Yea, the SCOTUS isn't going to be much of a help for unconstitutional laws passed on the state and local level.

Assuming someone sues and assuming it ever makes it to SCOTUS, then yes, but that takes many years or decades as we've seen.

Tyrants like JB and Madigan will do whatever they please and get away with it as usual.

1. it isnt over until it is over (election)

2. I do not understand selling items subject to AWB fears, shouldnt it be the opposite? supply and demand, with supply restricted , prices will go up , not down. Every 'ban' we had, including recent ones shows exactly that.

and please leave the life-choice debate out of it- it does not do anything at all for 2A other than divides people further. The lies and fantasies of "protecting babies" (by denying women access to contraceptives, by controlling their bodies) are same as lies and fantasies of disarming and controlling you (it to 'protect babies' of cause) or lies that women need to be treated as sub-humans without right to drive, vote, make decisions all to protect them and their modesty (see Saudis). So politely let us keep it off this site, better for all of us..

Which one gets your vote?

Posted · Hidden by Lou, October 9, 2018 at 08:14 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Lou, October 9, 2018 at 08:14 PM - No reason given

2. I do not understand selling items subject to AWB fears, shouldnt it be the opposite? supply and demand, with supply restricted , prices will go up , not down. Every 'ban' we had, including recent ones shows exactly that.

and please leave the life-choice debate out of it- it does not do anything at all for 2A other than divides people further. The lies and fantasies of "protecting babies" (by denying women access to contraceptives, by controlling their bodies) are same as lies and fantasies of disarming and controlling you (it to 'protect babies' of cause) or lies that women need to be treated as sub-humans without right to drive, vote, make decisions all to protect them and their modesty (see Saudis). So politely let us keep it off this site, better for all of us..

They want government to stay out of their lives except for a woman’s right to choose.

I think the logic for the other poster is that once the law gets handed down (with JB that's a when, not an if) the mad rush to unload inventory so as not to become an Insta-felon will cause a market surplus and tank prices. It will also create a tremendous problem in the difficulty of selling if they need to be unloaded out of state.

Leaving mention of the life choice debate out of it is impossible in this instance. It's not an argument for or against (which I agree isn't appropriate for this site), but an argument that explains how futile it is to use the life choice debate as an excuse to not vote in favor of the only Pro 2nd candidate with a realistic chance of winning. There are only two candidates who could expect to win where one hates the 2nd and one mostly supports it. I'm just pointing out to the faithful that God knows what's in their hearts and it's not an impossible choice that will weigh on their souls.

I hear you on below - however , all of it assumes zero grandfathering (which never happens) and zero transition period (similarly very very unlikely) to trigger 'mad rush to unload'. Usually (see Connecticut, New York, etc) people are buying up to be grandfathered in (buying ARs, buying normal mags, etc). basic economics at work, when supply is restricted, price goes up. remember the 1.5-2k-2.5k basic ARs right after Sandy Hook? The same ARs are overproduced now and easily 600-800. the reverse is with AK , with Russian hackers witch hunt, it is not possible to buy anything that is not junk for over inflated prices. 400 for Mosin, What the hey!!!?

as for the debate, similarly I agree - I vote (will encourage others to vote) for 2A and will support one even if they have other positions I do not agree (on capital punishment or on pro-choice). I see 'staying home' as stupid and ultimately self-defeating. Stay home enough of the times and pretty soon you would be nomad looking for another home state..

I hear you on below - however , all of it assumes zero grandfathering (which never happens) and zero transition period (similarly very very unlikely) to trigger 'mad rush to unload'. Usually (see Connecticut, New York, etc) people are buying up to be grandfathered in (buying ARs, buying normal mags, etc). basic economics at work, when supply is restricted, price goes up. remember the 1.5-2k-2.5k basic ARs right after Sandy Hook? The same ARs are overproduced now and easily 600-800. the reverse is with AK , with Russian hackers witch hunt, it is not possible to buy anything that is not junk for over inflated prices. 400 for Mosin, What the hey!!!?

as for the debate, similarly I agree - I vote (will encourage others to vote) for 2A and will support one even if they have other positions I do not agree (on capital punishment or on pro-choice). I see 'staying home' as stupid and ultimately self-defeating. Stay home enough of the times and pretty soon you would be nomad looking for another home state..

I think a lot of people here are looking at the example of New Jersey (arguably the worst US state for 2A), which has passed several laws in recent years that don't include grandfathering.

I will not vote for Rauner. Regardless of what JB might do...I know what Rauner has already done. I refuse to participate further. Yes, I think the lives of babies are more important than my guns. So, you needn't ask me again. If we keep voting for soft ball Republicans, we will get more soft ball Republicans. Does Rauner actually think that he's going to get left-wing votes by signing a bill to use tax money to murder babies? If that's the case, he's as dumb as he is ineffective.

I'm not panicked at all. I own a weapon that may or may not be subject to a future ban. I guess we will need to see what the ban is before that determination can be made. But, I'll tell you right now, I'm NOT going to destroy it, modify it, sell it, move it out of state, or surrender it no matter what happens. Period. End of story. Those who do are vaginas. You don't deserve the few rights you still have left. The police are welcome to try to find enough probable cause to get a warrant and look through my home for weapons that may or may not be banned. And then they're free to attempt to come confiscate.

If there are enough people like me, they will not have the resources to enforce the ban in this manner....nor the testicles to take the risk of applying force to enact it. If I'm the only one who is willing to stand my ground, then none of us deserve freedom.

I was thinking this through early this morning.

Assuming JB and Kwame Raoul get in, how much damage can they do? With Madigan and Cullerton, it is probably safe to say that they can do a lot, at least temporarily, in Illinois. That legislation that Rauner vetoed would likely get pushed through and signed into law pretty quickly. I would anticipate they'd also try to impose as many restrictions as they can - even if they think SCOTUS will rule them unconstitutional - to win favor with their liberal base.

Sounds doom and gloom right? It could be; but... I'd like to think that a Trump DOJ / ATF won't be extremely helpful to a Pritzker governship. I'd also like to think that not many county sheriff's departments or states attorneys (downstate at least) would consider enforcing / prosecuting such gun laws as a priority for normal people (would likely be used as a tool against "bad guys"; but not regular most law abiding people). That doesn't align with many of their values personally nor of the downstate voter's values if they hope for reelection.

I'd also like to think that with a solid majority now on SCOTUS, some pro-2nd cases might get the green light and move through pretty swiftly with pretty clear rulings about the rights recognized under the 2nd amendment. Many pro-2nd amendment folks suspect that some cases didn't move because of uncertainty how any potential ruling with Kennedy might go. That is likely not the case now. And that debacle in trying to prevent K from getting seated should bind at least the Republican appointed members of SCOTUS together as few other things could.

So... What could we expect?

Here's his platform...

https://www.jbpritzker.com/gunviolence/

JB will treat gun violence as a public health epidemic:

Empower the Illinois Department of Public Health to expand their treatment of gun violence as a public health epidemic.

Fight for public health research on gun violence by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) at the federal level.

Focus on prevention and intervention by investing in community programs that interrupt violence and encourage non-violent conflict resolution.

JB will work to rebuild healthy communities:

Restore funding for community organizations and human services programs. These services are critical to prevent violence, disrupt violence through after school and mental health services, treat those most at risk, and change community norms.

Create economic opportunity in neighborhoods most affected by gun violence by increasing access to capital and training for small businesses and expanding education opportunities for youth.

Partner with localities to develop conflict resolution programs for our children.

JB will increase firearm safety:

Implement universal background checks for every gun sale in Illinois.

Make a lethal violence protection order available so that families can step in to protect loved ones from harming themselves and others.

Ban assault weapons, high capacity magazines, and bump stocks in Illinois to help prevent mass shootings.

Support and sign a gun dealer licensing bill to ensure firearms are sold in a safe and responsible manner.

Create and lead a consortium of regional states committed to reducing gun trafficking across our state border. This will also allow law enforcement agencies to share data to help track the flow of illegal guns.

Create a dedicated gun crime investigation unit within state police that coordinates with local police departments to focus on illegal gun trafficking and gun crime.

Secure federal funding to improve background check records reporting.

Create an inter-agency working group to evaluate the state’s progress in providing prohibiting records to the federal NICS background check system.

Ensure all domestic violence and drug abuse prohibiting records are pre-validated and uploaded to the appropriate background check systems in a timely manner.

Most of the bad, bad stuff falls under firearm safety and makes an excellent argument for buying more guns / ammo / magazines before he takes office (hopefully he won't). I could foresee them passing a really bad gun dealer licensing bill that puts small FFLs out of business. I could foresee them banning modern sporting rifles, magazines with capacities above some arbitrary number, and bump stocks. I could foresee them passing large tax increases on firearms, ammunition, and etc. I could foresee them trying to restrict concealed carry and increasing penalties / fees as much as they think they can get by with too.

FWIW: I'm really interested in how the NRA suit against New York will play out and think it will be pretty important implications for the 2nd amendment.

I think the main limit on what they try to do will come from the federal and local levels.

Get out there and vote. Get your family and friends out there to vote. Support your gun rights groups. Let your legislators know your perspective.

I will not vote for Rauner. Regardless of what JB might do...I know what Rauner has already done. I refuse to participate further. Yes, I think the lives of babies are more important than my guns. So, you needn't ask me again. If we keep voting for soft ball Republicans, we will get more soft ball Republicans. Does Rauner actually think that he's going to get left-wing votes by signing a bill to use tax money to murder babies? If that's the case, he's as dumb as he is ineffective.

I'm not panicked at all. I own a weapon that may or may not be subject to a future ban. I guess we will need to see what the ban is before that determination can be made. But, I'll tell you right now, I'm NOT going to destroy it, modify it, sell it, move it out of state, or surrender it no matter what happens. Period. End of story. Those who do are vaginas. You don't deserve the few rights you still have left. The police are welcome to try to find enough probable cause to get a warrant and look through my home for weapons that may or may not be banned. And then they're free to attempt to come confiscate.

If there are enough people like me, they will not have the resources to enforce the ban in this manner....nor the testicles to take the risk of applying force to enact it. If I'm the only one who is willing to stand my ground, then none of us deserve freedom.

Holy cow man, use your head. Anything Rauner has done bad will be amplified a hundred times over by JB, guaranteed. He is campaigning on it. When abortion laws become looser (and they will with a socialist at the helm), it will be because JB has rubber stamped it through. Why would you want to help a situation in which as above you mention that we all become felons? The values ship has sailed, the primaries are over. We are in the for the fight of a lifetime. Why help create a worse situation for your babies to have to deal with?

ETA, you know how everyone likes to say "it's never as bad as you think it will be"? I predict that it will be even worse than we think with JB. With Madigan, the democrats and all of the weak republicans that we seem to have these days, it's gonna be really bad. At least Rauner would be a speed bump.

FWIW: The following is on a list of recommendations from one group that has Pritzker's ear (its leader did an ad for Pritzker).

How to strengthen Illinois gun laws?

• Require licensing and regulation of gun dealers.
  • Require firearm registration.
  • Ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines
  • Restrict purchase of multiple firearms
  • Give law enforcement discretion to deny concealed carry permits
  • Allow local regulation of firearms

Archived