Virginia - Universal Background Checks, Gun Rationing Bill Signed

mab22

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/11/va-governor-signs-universal-background-checks-gun-rationing-bill/ VA Governor Signs Universal Background Checks, Gun Rationing Bill
AWR Hawkins
2-3 minutes

Governor Ralph Northam (D) signed legislation Saturday creating universal background checks in Virginia and limiting law-abiding Virginians to one handgun purchase per month.

Northam’s office announced his signature on Senate Bill 70 / House Bill 2, creating the universal checks and thereby outlawing private gun sales.

He signed Senate Bill 69 / House Bill 812 resurrecting Virginia’s “one-handgun-a-month rule to help curtail stockpiling of firearms and trafficking.

Northam used a tweet to refer to these gun controls as “commonsense gun safety measures,” but he did not mention that they would not have prevented the May 31, 2019 Virginia Beach shooting that he used as an impetus for gun control.

He also signed other controls into law, including requirements that gun owners report stolen firearms within 48 hours of the theft or face “civil penalty.” This puts the onus for a gun theft on the gun owner, rather than the individual who stole the firearm.

Democrats won control of Virginia’s legislature in November 2019 and, just days after their victory, Northam made clear there would be a war on guns. That war originally included all-out bans on certain categories of firearms, on ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds, and on firearm suppressors.

However, Democrats reformulated their push after facing widespread public backlash over their gun control agenda.

Well over 100 local governments in Virginia declared Second Amendment Sanctuary status in response to the gun control push, and some law enforcement officials were vocal in their opposition to new controls as well.

That’s what happens when people vote for Democrats !!

More specifically, that's what happens when independent and Republican voters stay home because they're too busy being complacent or the opposing candidates don't meet some purity test.

That is a big part of the problem with R's, they do tend to stay home or vote 3rd party protests if their primary choice does not make it. However the D's will almost always pull together in the general election to defeat the R's. which is the long term goal. Jim.

Yep, elections have consequences.

There is no one else in this to blame but the state of Virginia. It isn't like they didn't know what platform people were running on.

You get and deserve what you vote for.

Spot on.

What I hate is when those people that voted for the candidates that are now infringing on their rights complain about those infringements. Guess you can't fix stupid. FYI, my litmus test in how I vote is first based on their stance on constitutional issues.

There is no one else in this to blame but the state of Virginia. It isn't like they didn't know what platform people were running on.

Spot on.

What I hate is when those people that voted for the candidates that are now infringing on their rights complain about those infringements. Guess you can't fix stupid. FYI, my litmus test in how I vote is first based on their stance on constitutional issues.

Mine has more to do with the will my vote enable or retain the majority in the hands of the least worst party.

Sometimes you have to vote for Rauner or Kirk even though they aren't materially different from the other side. This allows the overall better majority to control things even when your own rep sucks.

“Eleven years I served this county,” Foster told police in the dash-cam video. “I hate this county. I prayed to God that he would curse it. And guess what? He did. Man, I saw it hit and cursed, and I saw people laid off right and left — white people. I hate this county ...”

A Democratic candidate for Congress in a conservative north Georgia district who was convicted this week of drunken driving challenged the officers who stopped him to a fight and repeatedly insulted the county he was running to represent

‘I hate this county.' Georgia House candidate convicted of DUI unloads on cops

RYAWC5RL7RYO2CAMCFVFXW4W34.jpg

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/i-hate-this-county-democratic-house-candidate-convicted-of-dui-unloads-on-cops/810302688/?li_source=LI&li_medium=wsbtv-internal-article-widget

Anyone not voting for Trump in 2020 is an America hating communist pile of poop.

He signed Senate Bill 69 / House Bill 812 resurrecting Virginia’s “one-handgun-a-month rule to help curtail stockpiling of firearms and trafficking.

Define stockpiling and why is it bad?

Because when the number of guns in a safe reaches critical mass they become sentient and start plotting shooting sprees. It's true!

This just really sucks. This guy could have cared less about what people in his state wanted. This is what HE wanted. Those good citizens put up a good fight. Can’t imagine what this state will do now.

To be fair, Him, via bribes, er campaign contributions, from Bloomberg, and the Bloomberg elected officials in the DC area. But, true for the rest of the state, yep.

Not really fair. Sorry, but it isn't. Population in Virginia is over represented in the DC suburbs, areas around DC in Va. Bloomberg took advantage of this and paid to get all of their state legislators to be his 'people'. THIS gave them the majority. In some ways, Va is even worse than Illinois, with one densely populated Urban area controlling the rest of the state politically. It is also why He and his lackeys are targeting Texas next, as Dallas, Austin, and to a lesser extent Houston, provide the same thing there.

This is why the 1964 Reynolds vs Sims ruling MUST be challenged imho. (Ruling says if a state has a senate, then it must use districts that are proportioned with equal population counts). This opened the door for States with Densely populated Dem urban areas to overrule the rest of the state, even if it is staunchly red. It is EXPRESSLY why we have the same number of US Senators in each State, and the Electoral College, because different States have different wants and needs, and it avoids the temporary whim rule of the mob, or large urban areas. States USED to follow the US, with geographically based state Senate districts, which forced more middle of the road, and compromise in legislation. Now, the large urban area(s) dictate all legislation. That is why in California, the LA, SF, SD reps can vote away all water rights of rural areas, and give them to the Cities. Or, it is why this state is so f*cked up, as Crook County gets what it wants, screw the rest of the state.

I thought the one gun every 30 days was for those without a carry permit. Still bad.

Edit

My mistake. I read over this too fast. Keeping up with these vermin is more than a full time job.

"One handgun per month

This measure restores the state’s former one-handgun-per-month law. The measure prohibits any person who is not a licensed firearms dealer from buying more than one handgun in a 30-day period.

The bill exempts people who have been granted a special certificate by Virginia State Police who have undergone an enhanced background check; law enforcement officers; state and local corrections officers; licensed private security companies; people who had a handgun stolen or “irretrievably lost”; and purchases of antique firearms.

In order to win Senate passage, lawmakers also voted to exempt concealed-carry permit holders from the limit."

Edit again

OOPS! There it is at the end of my copy/paste job.

https://wtop.com/virginia/2020/03/gun-legislation-heres-what-the-virginia-general-assembly-passed/

Not really fair. Sorry, but it isn't. Population in Virginia is over represented in the DC suburbs, areas around DC in Va. Bloomberg took advantage of this and paid to get all of their state legislators to be his 'people'. THIS gave them the majority. In some ways, Va is even worse than Illinois, with one densely populated Urban area controlling the rest of the state politically. It is also why He and his lackeys are targeting Texas next, as Dallas, Austin, and to a lesser extent Houston, provide the same thing there.

This is why the 1964 Reynolds vs Sims ruling MUST be challenged imho. (Ruling says if a state has a senate, then it must use districts that are proportioned with equal population counts). This opened the door for States with Densely populated Dem urban areas to overrule the rest of the state, even if it is staunchly red. It is EXPRESSLY why we have the same number of US Senators in each State, and the Electoral College, because different States have different wants and needs, and it avoids the temporary whim rule of the mob, or large urban areas. States USED to follow the US, with geographically based state Senate districts, which forced more middle of the road, and compromise in legislation. Now, the large urban area(s) dictate all legislation. That is why in California, the LA, SF, SD reps can vote away all water rights of rural areas, and give them to the Cities. Or, it is why this state is so f*cked up, as Crook County gets what it wants, screw the rest of the state.

It is that way in nearly every state with a major metropolitan area. We have "Chicago" and East St. Louis, Missouri has St. Louis and KC, California has LA, San Diego, Sacramento, and the entire San Francisco area.

Archived