Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

I lost my CC AND FOID (only to find them days later) and filed over 30 days ago for replacement cards. Does anyone have any idea how long it is taking for replacements? Apparently I cannot cancel my request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be in for a 90 day wait period. And I could be wrong but lost or stolen cards get cancelled and are not valid anymore!

They don’t want them popping up in some buying spree some where.

I’ve seen this same post before and it seems that those who misplaced them always get excited and apply only to find them within days as you state. With all things ISP and firearms it is always a patient game, make damn sure they are gone before applying.

Better to not carry and hunt for them than get them cancelled.

Good Luck

thanks im gonna go cry now

Just curious, run your FOID here and see if its active: https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/PersonToPersonFirearmTransfer.aspx

Welcome to the forum

it says Not Valid. I don’t understand. If they run Background check every day, how does it take 90 days to issue a REPLACEMENT FOID?

Of course it’s not valid, it was lost or stolen. They aren’t going to let it float around in someone else’s hands until they get you a new one!

As for the reason/question as to why it takes so long and what have the FOID and they run it everyday and and, same answer we’ve had for years and posted every other day. It’s Illinois. It’s their process. And we have NO one in a position to challenge it with deep pockets and a reason to kill it off after 40 or 50 years of being the norm!

I lost my CC AND FOID (only to find them days later) and filed over 30 days ago for replacement cards. Does anyone have any idea how long it is taking for replacements? Apparently I cannot cancel my request.

You could be in for a 90 day wait period. And I could be wrong but lost or stolen cards get cancelled and are not valid anymore!

They donât want them popping up in some buying spree some where.

Iâve seen this same post before and it seems that those who misplaced them always get excited and apply only to find them within days as you state. With all things ISP and firearms it is always a patient game, make damn sure they are gone before applying.

Better to not carry and hunt for them than get them cancelled.

Good Luck

thanks im gonna go cry now

Just curious, run your FOID here and see if its active: https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/PersonToPersonFirearmTransfer.aspx

Welcome to the forumit says Not Valid. I donât understand. If they run Background check every day, how does it take 90 days to issue a REPLACEMENT FOID?

Of course itâs not valid, it was lost or stolen. They arenât going to let it float around in someone elseâs hands until they get you a new one!

As for the reason/question as to why it takes so long and what have the FOID and they run it everyday and and, same answer weâve had for years and posted every other day. Itâs Illinois. Itâs their process. And we have NO one in a position to challenge it with deep pockets and a reason to kill it off after 40 or 50 years of being the norm!

i have my FOID and CCL in hand. I should be able to cancel the report I made when I was being a good boy and timely reported the loss. Then I found it! Now I lost my right to defend myself and buy ammo? Makes a lot of sense! Hopefully I donât get mugged and shot to death and my 3 kids lose their father because of a plastic card being lost momentarily

Applied 11/21/2019, using inspect element went QC approved around 3/25/2020. On 4/6/2020 went to approved using the inspect. Status still says under review.....how much longer do you think it'll be?

Now you go approved to active i.e. card gets printed, then batched, sent to PO then delivered. A week or 2 I would guess.

I went approved with inspect trick 4/6/2020 applied 1/13/2020 with prints looks like things are still moving along, waiting for active, what i have read here maybe wont be long, hopefully today

Everybody stay safe and healthy , Gods blessings

My wife and myself show active today 4/8/2020, 87 days for myself and 77 days for my wife

Now to wait for the actual card

Stay safe everyone

I'll play on this thread :-)

Applied for CCL today. Was told not to bother with the prints as they won't speed anything up with all the backlogs they have these days.

Will see what happens.

Sigh still waiting, seems even longer with all that's going on these days. I wonder if they get to use national disasters as an excuse to go slower?

Past 90 days, No prints, applied 01/05/2020 still waiting, still under review.

Non-Resident CCL - No Prints

Applied: 11/24/2019

QC Verified: 03/28/2020 (Day 126)

Still QC Verified as of today (Day 138)

This is killing me....How long does QC Verified typically last?

5 years ago, there was a typical. Today there is not. It can be a few days or weeks. Some go from submitted to approved in a couple of days. With the recent influx of applications and renewals, 120+ does not surprise me. I havent seen data on non-resident CCLs so unsure if they follow different time lines or not. You did have a number of holidays in there...Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc

Hey, at least you're not me.

I sent in my renewal last August ahead of permit expiration last September.

Went under review.

Last December, it changes to Rejected and asks me to update my address as it didn't match what the SoS has:

I had moved to a new address last November and they took so long that I moved before they got through renewing it.

So, paid the $5 to update my FOID, both go back under review.

FOID is active as of three days ago (4/7)

CCW is Under Review with QC "Submited".

I fully expect to wait another 4 months from last Tuesday before I get my renewed permit.

For a process I began last August!

Went under review.

Last December, it changes to Rejected and asks me to update my address as it didn't match what the SoS has:

I had moved to a new address last November and they took so long that I moved before they got through renewing it.

I fully expect to wait another 4 months from last Tuesday before I get my renewed permit.

Oh my....that is just ridiculous. Are you still able to carry?

Went under review.

Don’t hate on the state

If THEY had processed the cards earlier AND they had the wrong address to match the DL you’d be applying again to get all addresses to match, a huge headache for sure.

Man I applied for my FOID on 2/10/20 and It's 4/11/20, still says "Under Review" and havent gotten anything in the mail, on their website it says "Upon receipt of a qualified application, Illinois State Police (ISP) will issue or deny the applicant within 30 days. During the review process, ISP will send notifications on key status changes to the supplied email, and send correspondence via U.S. mail to the applicant’s mailing address." It's been past 30 days, and 30 business days, and i havent even gotten an Email. :(

I went approved with inspect trick 4/6/2020 applied 1/13/2020 with prints looks like things are still moving along, waiting for active, what i have read here maybe wont be long, hopefully today

Everybody stay safe and healthy , Gods blessings

My wife and myself show active today 4/8/2020, 87 days for myself and 77 days for my wife

Now to wait for the actual card

Stay safe everyone

In the mail today

90 days exactly for myself

83 Days for my wife to the door

YA HOO

Man I applied for my FOID on 2/10/20 and It's 4/11/20, still says "Under Review" and havent gotten anything in the mail, on their website it says "Upon receipt of a qualified application, Illinois State Police (ISP) will issue or deny the applicant within 30 days. During the review process, ISP will send notifications on key status changes to the supplied email, and send correspondence via U.S. mail to the applicant’s mailing address." It's been past 30 days, and 30 business days, and i havent even gotten an Email. :(

Is this a first time application or a renewal? Do you have an address or name change during this process?

Is this a first time application or a renewal? Do you have an address or name change during this process?

It's for a first time application. I don't have any info changed either, i looked over my application 3 times before submitting it with my buddy at the gun store. I've sent the gun store an email as well, maybe they might have some information, and said maybe I can find some help on some forums as well.

Can I add prints at any time? Will that maybe help?

Depends maybe.

When did you apply?

Was it less than the 30 days law enforcement window.

If you are adding prints after this mark you aren’t speeding up the process just wasting your money.

They aren’t going to take the time to go backwards to find an app and attach the prints to start the process again.

I’d do some more reading here and sit back and relax. Any reading here at IC will show that the process is what it is.

Most of the posts become how pee o’d the posters are at the process and the state. Again it is what it is. And added to that is the current crisis griping the country and therefor the state of Illinois. They aren’t likely to just up and fix/cancel the FOID or offer constitutional Carry for all.

Enjoy the reading, Welcome to the Forums.

Archived