Illinois General Assembly 3/29/2012

mauserme

Guys , if youmcan make some calls to your reps and oppose HB4456 the state police are trying tomuse this to shut down the relief process, as DOJ does not like this.

Does anybody understand what this bill has morphed into? I have looked at it and don't see a whole lot of changes to the bill it is admending from last year, but the legalese is confusing at times. I would like to sound a little better informed, when I call my Rep.

The synopsis of Amendment 1 reads:

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Requires an applicant for a Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) to be a resident of the State of Illinois. Requires the circuit court clerk to immediately notify the FOID Department of the Department of State Police of the adjudication of a person as a mental defective prohibited from firearm possession by the Act (instead of the court shall order the circuit court clerk to notify the Department), and forward a copy of the court order to the Department. Prohibits the court from ordering the Department to issue a FOID card in an appeal from a denial, revocation, or seizure of a person's FOID card by the Department, if the person is otherwise prohibited by federal law from acquiring, possessing, or using a firearm.

Residency is certainly an issue, but also some redunancy with federal law that seems unnecessary.

I hate this state. So now my CMP orders can't come to work? I need to take time out of my day to go to the UPS office and pick it up?

I can understand the concern, but it's illogical. But I am preaching to the choir here right. Ugh. This is going to tick me off to no end. headbang1.gif I wish I was rich so I could make more of a difference by pumping millions into the gun lobby in this state. I need to win that lottery... if it's even still going on.

Did you even read Federal Farmer's response????? Delivery to the address on your FOID or DL is already part of the FOID law and has been for several years. If you have an agreement with your shipper, then that won't change.

Good Gravy guys!! Read all the way through a thread before flying off the handle about something. Also, learn to read the bills and amendments. When you read them, they are generally going to quote the current law and put changes in as underlined text. Current law that is struck through is law that is being taken out. It always pays to go read the proposed bills and amendments yourself rather than rely on someone else to do it.

The FOID card is in our sights, but right now there are other things to shoot at that make a lot more sense in restoring our rights.

Tim

Sorry. Well then I will continue having my stuff shipped to work.

Interesting events on HB4085 going on. Representative Lyons feels his bill has been sabotaged by members of his own party in committee. They just voted to reconsider the vote that passed the bill and are stripping off amendments now.

Rep Lyons: "If Representative Cassidy wants a bill on erectile dysfuntion, let her run it".

etc

ETA Representative Lyons strikes me as a pretty decent guy. Just my $0.02

I'm going to have to leave soon but, before I do, I want to say that watching Representative Lyons stand up for what's right gave me great hope for our state today. We need more like him.

Glad to hear that even some of the Machine representatives are tired of some of the childish and seemingly worthless issues that come up on the Floor of the House. It's hard to believe that with all the statutes that we have in this state now, that any more could be justified. But somehow, every year, they find need to pass another several thousand!!

Some do honestlly want to control every minor aspect of your life.

Tim

hb4717.....I must be missing something. Cant we already do that? I guess I don't see what this is changing or am I just loosing it.

It makes present law more specific. There were those sellers that would not ship to IL. There were those that thought you could not ship "intrastate", within the state borders.

This just spells it out to those that think laws must be "permissive" in order to be effective.

/minor rant off

AB

Archived