Sick of isp and waiting

This state is so messed up that a law bidding citizen who was found not guilty has to wait more then a year for a foid appeal and still no answer and it sucks every time i send an inquiry or call all i get is its under reviy ******* sucks how there is no time frame on this and all the bull**** about they are working to change it im so sick of this state and all these liberal **** tards who are dragging a** to review a case i dont understand how hard it is to look at a case and make a decision smh

First and foremost please don't shoot the messenger!!!! That said the ISP by no means will ever delay the delivery of a FOID or Conceal carry permit unless there is a Valid reason!!! You had a Charge that you were found not guilty correct??? Okay, 90% of the time if you've never been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor domestic battery charge then you won't have a delay. The other 10 percent of the time ISP is forced to to contact the arresting police district and request all pertinent records about that case! Out of experience I can tell u that the only way to expedite that process would be to gather ALL court dispositions and foward them to ISP. Although With it being over a year Already I'm not sure how much good it will do now. I know it's frustrating but you can do nothing other than wait it out!! The law enforcement agency that arrested you is issued a request for any and all documents concerning your case but the sucky part is there is no time limit that they have to get those submitted that's why it it's always a great idea to submit documents yourself when you go through appeal. Good luck brother.

yes it does suck,things need to change but i don,t think we will soon see that.you hit the nail on the head,liberal,s who would like to see all our firearms gone.there is only one state in the union that is worse[california] but we are rapidly approaching them.

Don't forget Massachusetts, New Jersey and Hawaii. And last I looked, you had to get a permit to purchase a hand gun in Michigan and qualify with each gun you want to carry. That may have changed... I haven't looked recently. And NYC is far worse than Chicago, unless you are well connected.

All in all, it ain't that bad here in Illinois and there is lots of room for improvement. I sorta like the FOID and being able to verify at least that a private buyers FOID is active. Last year the contents of my wallet were stolen...along with my FOID and CCL. It took forever to get replacements, longer even than it took to issue them in the first place. Issuing cards should never take as long as it does.

Making the instant check more instant would be on my long list of improvements as well as eliminating waiting periods for those who are FOID active and already have a gun or two. Reducing fees and adding manpower for processing would also be a good thing.

Edited by soundguy

I have mixed feelings about Gun Control. I don't think that a person such as myself needs an AR-15 because I live in Chicago!! A handgun or even a AR pistol is fine for me to defend myself. On the flip side a person who's living in a remote part of the Country may indeed need a powerful rifle. Universal Background checks should be absolutely uniform in my opinion!! When Conservatives argue that gun laws do nothing because criminals will get guns regardless, it's such a weak talking point. Imagine a Woman being stalked, she knows who the stalker is and goes to Police. The Police will say " We'll there's nothing we can do until he actually attempts to harm you. 2 weeks later she's dead!! Did the system fail her or do we say well there was no way of preventing that??? I see both sides of the argument..... My Grandfather was a Vietnam Vet and my Grandmother told us that he had over 30 confirmed kills. She also said that after that war he never Put another firearm in his hand. Some people will never like Guns and people like myself love them!!!! Progress will never come until we listen to each other. Liberal or Conservative the world has changed since 1778.

I don't think that a person such as myself needs an AR-15 because I live in Chicago!! A handgun or even a AR pistol is fine for me to defend myself. On the flip side a person who's living in a remote part of the Country may indeed need a powerful rifle.

In the scheme of powerful rifles, there are a lot more than the AR15 (and we are really talking .223, not AR15). Just because of the way the media portrays it does not make it so.

Subset from a Rifle Cartridge Killing Power List although I can not verify accuracy of data.

.223 Remington (60 grain at 3000 fps) - 6.3

.243 Winchester (100 grain at 2960 fps) - 18.1

6mm Remington (100 grain at 3100 fps) - 20.0

.257 Roberts +P (120 grain at 2700 fps) - 22.0

.25-06 Remington (120 grain at 2990 fps) - 26.5

.257 Weatherby Magnum (120 grain at 3305 fps) - 33.4

.260 Remington (140 grain at 2750 fps) - 31.6

.270 Winchester (150 grain at 2850 fps) - 37.4

.270 Weatherby Magnum (150 grain at 3245 fps) - 51.4

7x57mm Mauser (140 grain at 2660 fps) - 29.0

7mm-08 Remington (140 grain at 2860 fps) - 33.6

.280 Remington (140 grain at 3000 fps) - 37.1

.30 Carbine (110 grain at 1990 fps) - 7.4

.30-30 Winchester (150 grain at 2390 fps) - 22.8

.300 Savage (150 grain at 2630 fps) - 30.0

.308 Winchester (180 grain at 2620 fps) - 46.2

.30-06 Springfield (180 grain at 2700 fps) - 49.2

.300 Winchester Magnum (180 grain at 2960 fps) - 59.5

.300 Weatherby Magnum (180 grain at 3240 fps) - 72.8

7.62x39mm Soviet (123 grain at 2365 fps) - 15.7

.303 British (180 grain at 2460 fps) - 40.1

Edited by InterestedBystander

I have mixed feelings about Gun Control. I don't think that a person such as myself needs an AR-15 because I live in Chicago!! A handgun or even a AR pistol is fine for me to defend myself. On the flip side a person who's living in a remote part of the Country may indeed need a powerful rifle. Universal Background checks should be absolutely uniform in my opinion!! When Conservatives argue that gun laws do nothing because criminals will get guns regardless, it's such a weak talking point. Imagine a Woman being stalked, she knows who the stalker is and goes to Police. The Police will say " We'll there's nothing we can do until he actually attempts to harm you. 2 weeks later she's dead!! Did the system fail her or do we say well there was no way of preventing that??? I see both sides of the argument..... My Grandfather was a Vietnam Vet and my Grandmother told us that he had over 30 confirmed kills. She also said that after that war he never Put another firearm in his hand. Some people will never like Guns and people like myself love them!!!! Progress will never come until we listen to each other. Liberal or Conservative the world has changed since 1778.

Do you realize what you just said? You don’t think you need a AR 15 yet you need a handgun or a AR pistol? An ar pistol is still a AR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes And a I can say the same about a .22caliber. I'm not going to explain the difference between a PISTOL AND A RIFLE TO YOU. What I will say is I can LEGALLY CARRY A AR-15 pistol everyday but I can't even own A Ar-15 Rifle in Chicago.

I think you need to explain it to YOURSELF.

Not anyoneâs fault but your own you live in Chicago.

Stop stealing oxygen

Edited by blck10th

Not as hard as you may think!!! Sure the Gangbangers and drug dealers kill each other daily. But we don't have kids committing mass murders against Classmates!!! Nor have we had a terrorist attack here! Our Country has bigger problems than the 4 neighborhoods in my city we're all the killings are!!! Think about that for a Moment there are 77 neighborhoods in Chicago and 4 of them are where all 90% of the Murders happen. Watching the News you'd never know that!!! This is actually a Great City if you can afford the high taxes

Not as hard as you may think!!! Sure the Gangbangers and drug dealers kill each other daily. But we don't have kids committing mass murders against Classmates!!! Nor have we had a terrorist attack here! Our Country has bigger problems than the 4 neighborhoods in my city we're all the killings are!!! Think about that for a Moment there are 77 neighborhoods in Chicago and 4 of them are where all 90% of the Murders happen. Watching the News you'd never know that!!! This is actually a Great City if you can afford the high taxes

You want and or do own a AR pistol. Ok cool. That is your business. I could care less.

It is obvious you can not own a AR rifle due to Chicago rules but that doesnât mean you do not need one. By that logic you do not need a AR pistol either.

However, we all know you are walking the line so you can own something AR style. Which is totally legal and I see no issue talking the law all the way to its legal limits.

You just do not see the irony on your original statement as i have shown your statement to many others and they are having a good time at your expense.

Peace out!

Edited by blck10th

We can all play like we don't know what's going on around us but if you want to be honest with yourself, Walk into any Gun store in America and you'll see more variants of an AR-15 semi automatic rifle than any other Rifle. Don't ask me why but it's the preferred choice of weapon when someone is considering doing Mass shootings.

Do you know what firearms were used in 2007 at Virginia Tech ? A 9mm pistol and a .22 pistol. An AR15 is not a high powered rifle. It isn't used for deer hunting in this state because it isn't considered powerful enough for a clean kill. That is the states determination by the way.

Cordell - you may be correct about not needing an AR rifle at this time. The same can't be said for the future.

Think about the rioting that went on in that suburb of St. Louis, MO, a couple of years ago, Ferguson. The same thing could very easily happen in Chicago. Add to the fact that, a .223 rifle bullet from a pistol-length barrel is going to be seriously under-powered. It may be so under-powered that a hollow-point bullet doen't expand when it hits flesh and acts more like a FMJ and goes on through and hits an unintended victim.

If a riot were to occur in your area, would you not want to have something that can "reach out and touch someone" and keep them as far as possible from you?

Well black 10th! I Actually own a Colt Ar-15 Rifle But I spent 1000 on a Weapon that I can only take to the range and I have to keep it in storage their. I'll never use it to defend myself, I can't have it Legally in my county. Of course I would love too but in all actuality there is no reason I need that weapon. I live in the inner city and even if 4 armed intruders entered my home the rifle wouldn't be my first option. I would go for my 50 round Ak-47 Drako which is a PISTOL. You may need a Rifle I don't know!! But as far as your friends having a Was that supposed to bother me??? If the Government allowed me to have a Tank I'd buy that too. But do I need it??? For What??? I'm a Gun enthusiast and I'll take all that I can get but do I need it?? Absolutely not!! That **** is a WANT!! Now if you need a AR-15 to protect yourself then I'm not against you having it!!! But at the same time if you want to pretend!!! I'll play devil advocate and ask you Why do you NEED a At-15 rifle if you can buy a AR-15 Pistol??????????????? Key word NEED.

Cordell - you may be correct about not needing an AR rifle at this time. The same can't be said for the future.

Think about the rioting that went on in that suburb of St. Louis, MO, a couple of years ago, Ferguson. The same thing could very easily happen in Chicago. Add to the fact that, a .223 rifle bullet from a pistol-length barrel is going to be seriously under-powered. It may be so under-powered that a hollow-point bullet doen't expand when it hits flesh and acts more like a FMJ and goes on through and hits an unintended victim.

If a riot were to occur in your area, would you not want to have something that can "reach out and touch someone" and keep them as far as possible from you?

Listen I was only speaking for myself being a resident of Chicago!! We can draw up a host of hypothetical situations and I would hear your argument. I personally don't think I'll ever need my AR-15. I do own one just in case!!

Why does this discussion seem focused on "need"?

Need has nothing to do with it. Freedom to keep and bear is an inalienable right. We don't have to demonstrate need.

Exactly how I feel. I watch on the news and hear people saying " why does anyone need an AR?" In my case as I said before it was something I wanted and I have the right to buy it so why not?

Need has nothing to do with it. Freedom to keep and bear is an inalienable right. We don't have to demonstrate need.

If the Government allowed average citizens to own a rocket launcher would that still be considered an inalienable right????

The right to bear arms for self defense is a right that everyone on this site will fight for. There has to be a point where even Gun enthusiast such as ourselves come to realize that there are some weapons that there is no Need to have. I love my AR-15 but I'll gladly give it up if Fir a second I thought that it would prevent these Children from being gunned down in Schools. Why is that specific weapon the gun of Choice for most of these mass shootings??? I don't have that answer!!! You ask a Law Enforcement Officer would be rather be in a firefight with a person holding that rifle or a person with a 9mm. I'm willing to bet the deed to my home that the founders had no intention on Providing the inalienable right for all citizens to arm themselves with Gatling Guns. COMMON SENSE would have to Supersede our WANTS you would think. heck even Law Enforcement can't carry just any weapon they choose too.

If the Government allowed average citizens to own a rocket launcher would that still be considered an inalienable right????

The right to bear arms for self defense is a right that everyone on this site will fight for. There has to be a point where even Gun enthusiast such as ourselves come to realize that there are some weapons that there is no Need to have. I love my AR-15 but I'll gladly give it up if Fir a second I thought that it would prevent these Children from being gunned down in Schools. Why is that specific weapon the gun of Choice for most of these mass shootings??? I don't have that answer!!! You ask a Law Enforcement Officer would be rather be in a firefight with a person holding that rifle or a person with a 9mm. I'm willing to bet the deed to my home that the founders had no intention on Providing the inalienable right for all citizens to arm themselves with Gatling Guns. COMMON SENSE would have to Supersede our WANTS you would think. heck even Law Enforcement can't carry just any weapon they choose too.

As long as a person is not committing illegal acts and not harming anyone else , what difference does it matter what they own? There are many people in other states and a few in this state that own full auto weapons. What harm are they doing to others by having these items? The same with .50 cal BMG rifles. If you have the place to shoot them , why not own them? Even if you don't have a place to shoot one if you want one and have the money to pay for it then why not.

For the exact same reason that an Army soldier is issued Grenades but you'll never be SOLD ONE. The Risk of these Weapons getting into a person who Will do something Illegal with it....

Kind of a weak argument. I can remember my grandfather buying dynamite at the local hardware store. Maybe not a grenade but it could make a pretty big hole and throw a stump several feet in the air. Restricting good people from lawfully using an item because bad people may misuse it hmmm.