Under Board Review?

Dtgivens

I finally got a different response on isp ccw but it said I'm under board review. From other posts, are they still taking a long time with board reviews and do this mean I will be denied my CCW? I'm a vet, 3 years law enforcement but I got a misdemeaner firearm posession after I left the sheriff department. That charge was 11 years ago. No other record before or after that charge. Will that cause for denial?

I have some type of misdemeanor weapons charge of some sort on my record from 1988, but got a letter from the ISP saying it was not being counted as a felony, so I got my CCL when it first came out, was only delayed like 8 days past the first day everyone else got theirs, but did get mine. Had my doubts but did get it. Got the one in Utah too.

I finally got a different response on isp ccw but it said I'm under board review. From other posts, are they still taking a long time with board reviews and do this mean I will be denied my CCW? I'm a vet, 3 years law enforcement but I got a misdemeaner firearm posession after I left the sheriff department. That charge was 11 years ago. No other record before or after that charge. Will that cause for denial?

This should not be reason for a denial.

• 2 weeks later...

I have applied for my ccl back in August 2015 and since I have received notices stating the board needs an additional 30 days. I have received this same letter every month for the pass 14 months. What is the hold up?

Too many LE objections especially from Cook county clogging up the process. Last I read, they were running about a year behind so your board review may be near

I think the problem is the ISP and all of the corrupt polititians in THIS state does NOT want us legal citizens being outnumbered against them with guns, they likely fear us more since they illegally denied us our constitutional rights for SUCH a long time, near 200 years! So now we have it and they are whining about our renewed rights and they do NOT want us outnumbering them in strength, well, if they had not went against us long ago, this would not be an issue by now at all!

I was told by a judge to have my charge reviewed by the court because the charge I received was ruled unconstitutional. I believe the charge was the reason my LEO objected to my application. If I get the charge/misdemeanor conviction removed or expunged, can I reapply for my CCW or should I wait for the board decision before I do anything else?

I was told by a judge to have my charge reviewed by the court because the charge I received was ruled unconstitutional. I believe the charge was the reason my LEO objected to my application. If I get the charge/misdemeanor conviction removed or expunged, can I reapply for my CCW or should I wait for the board decision before I do anything else?

If you can get your record cleared, you should go ahead and do that. You don't want that on your record in the future anyway. As for your current application, you will need to wait for the board to make a decision. There's a very good chance they will overrule the objection. Before denying an application, they will provide you with an opportunity submit a statement and documents testifying in your own behalf.

If the board should happen to deny your application, there a several options:

1. Get your record cleared and ssk to have your application cleared from the system and reapply.

2. Appeal the denial in circuit court in the county where you live.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked isp website and status changed to under review. inspect element says approved. applied 9/2015. don't give up hope my IC people.

They must be making some headway on their backlog.... your app went to the board last December, didn't it?

Yes i applied sept29,2015 and went under board review first week of December, 2015.

I just checked isp website and status changed to under review. inspect element says approved. applied 9/2015. don't give up hope my IC people.

Congratz!! Glad to hear your good news. Good to see some kind of movement from the board!
Thanks. As i get mine i know alot others are still in limbo. Hopefully time flies for you guys and get yours soon as well. Its disheartening to check the website and see under board review or continue to receive those damn 30 day letters in the mail. Have faith and keep hopes high my people. Dreams do come true!!!

• 3 months later...

Molly b can you help answer a question for me? What is the board doing when your applications goes from being under review to under Board review for 1 year to now under review again. I stop receiving the 30 day letters 1 month ago, and have not received any new letters just the current change in status

Going back to 'under review' means the board has overruled the objection and your application has been returned to the ISP for processing!! You should have your CCL within the next few weeks.

A popular government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce, or a tragedy; or perhaps both.

If tyranny and oppression comes to this land, It will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.

The means of Defense against a foreign Danger, historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.

James Madison

I applied for my CCL 23 Months ago. (March 16,2015) Went under board review April 15th. Received a letter to respond to CCLRB Jan 12, 2017. Responded Jan 16, 2017 with background info on me and arrest records. Status changed to "under review" Feb 17, 2017. Went Active today!!!!!!!

I have literally stalked this site for almost two years reading about the review board and the things that were going on. At times I just wanted to say it!! I saw many applicants receive there CCL before me, that applied after me. I thought my day would never come but today is that day. Don't give up!!

Background (for transparency) : I had two arrest on my record, a Mob Action and Obstruction to justice. Both cases was over 7 years ago and both cases i received supervision.

I applied for my CCL 23 Months ago. (March 16,2015) Went under board review April 15th. Received a letter to respond to CCLRB Jan 12, 2017. Responded Jan 16, 2017 with background info on me and arrest records. Status changed to "under review" Feb 17, 2017. Went Active today!!!!!!!

I have literally stalked this site for almost two years reading about the review board and the things that were going on. At times I just wanted to say it!! I saw many applicants receive there CCL before me, that applied after me. I thought my day would never come but today is that day. Don't give up!!

Background (for transparency) : I had two arrest on my record, a Mob Action and Obstruction to justice. Both cases was over 7 years ago and both cases i received supervision.

Thread Winner

Two full years and first post is to announce Active.......

Hanging in there and not posting must have been h e l l !

Smidem101, congrats also

As always, MollyB has worked her magic again!

congrats to both of you.this should give hope to those still in limbo.the long wait will make you appreciate it even more,not that it should take that amount of time but as we know it sometimes does.after mine went active i was watching the mailbox like a hawk.edit in,the work done on this site by molly b and her crew is amazing,as a small token of appreciation i decided to become a supporting member and so should you.this site survives from the good people on this site who donate.

congratulations!!! 23 months sure seems like heck of a long time . my wait was not quite as long but frustration sets in while we waited!!! carry safe.

Archived