Current wait time with Prints 07/2017

Okay just wanted to ask I'm new to this state. Guys and instructor at the gun shop that I took my class told me anywhere from 30-50

Around 40-50 is what it was when they first started issuing licenses (I think 35 is the quickest I recall seeing posted and recall there is a 30 day LE objection period)). No one has really given a good explanation for the time increase to 65-75.

Just wondering. Do they update the statuses throughout the week or only on certain days

I have been looking for a pattern, and as best as I can tell, they do run batch jobs to update things, but that could be any day of the week (including some weekends). In other words, I think you are updated at the same time as many other people, but there is no set day of the week that is done.

Just wondering. Do they update the statuses throughout the week or only on certain days

I have been looking for a pattern, and as best as I can tell, they do run batch jobs to update things, but that could be any day of the week (including some weekends). In other words, I think you are updated at the same time as many other people, but there is no set day of the week that is done.

I think that covers it. The processing specifics that happen between "submission" and "active in the mail" of what, when, why, and how is an ISP mystery. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - 👋all this is my first post I wanted to share my long journey I'm from Illinois have had my F.O.I.D. Card for over ten years thinking this would help with the background check, maybe make it speed up a bit but it doesn't matter! lol I took my class 6/23/2017 went Qc_varfied within about a week; so I thought I was cooking with gas nope ....... I'm checking everything everyday still nothing finally I checked last week about 7/4/2017 it said approved but still "Under Review " on the screen .....ugh my husband was very impatient by this time and decided to call sense we took the class together and have the same updates they were very nice on the phone said our cards were printed out on 7/31/2017 not soon after he checked the site again what do you know !!!! We both have "Active " with issued dates of 8/7/2017 after this They said it should be 7-14 days not business but days any Day now I'm hopeful for this week I hope this helps others !!! Good luck everyone 😊

• 1 month later...

Hello - all this is my first post I wanted to share my long journey I'm from Illinois have had my F.O.I.D. Card for over ten years thinking this would help with the background check, maybe make it speed up a bit but it doesn't matter! lol I took my class 6/23/2017 went Qc_varfied within about a week; so I thought I was cooking with gas nope ....... I'm checking everything everyday still nothing finally I checked last week about 7/4/2017 it said approved but still "Under Review " on the screen .....ugh my husband was very impatient by this time and decided to call sense we took the class together and have the same updates they were very nice on the phone said our cards were printed out on 7/31/2017 not soon after he checked the site again what do you know !!!! We both have "Active " with issued dates of 8/7/2017 after this They said it should be 7-14 days not business but days any Day now I'm hopeful for this week I hope this helps others !!! Good luck everyone

Did you submit with fingerprints?

No, I didn’t want to waste anymore money on the state and there fees, $300 was enough for me

For no prints, thats a pretty amazing time line. Dont know what changes they have made at the ispfsb, but the last few weeks they have stepped up their game getting apps processed. No prints used to land you in the 90-100 day range.

• 3 weeks later...

After a few weeks of stressing over whether or not my FOID application would be denied, I logged in today to find this:

image-9CFA_59E566DC.jpg

Sorry, for some reason I can't adjust the image size in the reply editor, and clicking "More Reply Options" completely locks up my browser.

Anyways, I have the dates posted in my signature. It took significantly less time than I expected to get approved. Or is this not the waiting part? Should I expect to wait a few more months until I actually get the card?

Archived