My license was in my mail today!

Hello All, this is my first post!

6/09/17 Applied

7/28/17 Active (FOID# changed to match CCL#)

7/31/17 CCL mailed (postmarked)

8/02/17 CCL received

8/02/17 FOID mailed (postmarked)

8/05/17 FOID received (today)

Edited by MrOwl

Why do we need both cards now?

I prefer showing my FOID card rather than my CCL when buying ammo. I don't want to give the counter guy the impression that I'm carrying and don't want to have a conversation about it.

This, although iirc there was a directive to do a study looking into combining the cards. Not sure if that report ever came out as I dont recall reading anything about it.

April 30 - Applied (no prints)

June 14 - Emailed ISP about photo and training document

June 15 - Received reply, status went to QC_Verified

June 16 - Status went to QC_Approved

Aug 7 - Active

Just waiting for it to be mailed and for it to arrive.

Cook County. Seems to take almost exactly 120 days from date of application to receiving the card in hand.

My question is why it took almost two months to go from Approved to Active. I wonder if they just let applications sit there?

Need some help folks...I finally got My FOID after months of incorrect data on my background and then I went Active for my CCL on 8/7/17 and here we are on 8/15/17 and no card...Should I check with Postman or No? Is this common? Or am I just excited and cant wait for it to get here and as my grandma used to say, "Watch pot never boils". Let me know Good people of IllinoisCarry

Need some help folks...I finally got My FOID after months of incorrect data on my background and then I went Active for my CCL on 8/7/17 and here we are on 8/15/17 and no card...Should I check with Postman or No? Is this common? Or am I just excited and cant wait for it to get here and as my grandma used to say, "Watch pot never boils". Let me know Good people of IllinoisCarry

Be patient. Give it up to 2 weeks (and the ISP might say 4), but I think the avg is around 10 days. Your card has to be printed, batched, and sent to PO for delivery. That process does not necessarily begin to happen on the day you go active.

Edited by InterestedBystander