Sun Times 31 bullets

TRJ

The Sun Times is going to run daily anti violence (probably anti-gun) tips for the next month.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/working/31bullets-campaign-end-gun-violence/

Millions of American teens, as well as millions of adults, are horrified by the gun violence in our country, especially when it comes crashing through the classroom door. They want it to end, and they want to do their part to make it end.

But they don’t know how.

To provide answers to that question, and to do our own direct part in fighting the gun violence that is destroying our country in every way, the Chicago Sun-Times today is announcing a campaign called “31 bullets.” Beginning with this editorial, along with a video that you can view below or share on YouTube, we will in the next month identify 31 ways to stem the bloodshed. In each case, we will include a specific action that all of us, of any age, can take to make that happen.

Bullet 1: Sign the Sandy Hook Promise petition

We will post all of this information on a dedicated website, along with related stories, editorials and video, and we will do our best to deliver the message far and wide via social media. Starting today, we’re unveiling our first bullet and soliciting your input to help us develop the rest. Email us at letters@suntimes.com. We want to know what you think must be done and how.

That last bit says they want ideas on how to stem "gun violence". I propose we do our level best to help them in this task by sending them safe gun handling tips, ideas about how the demise of two parent families has led to cultural rot that includes how our urban young people don't value life, and how street gangs are tolerated and in some cases shielded by the political class that purports to defend the defenseless. I'd bet we have at least 31 ideas that have nothing to do with guns that would have a positive effect upon the health and safety of all Illinoisans.

At the same time, we'll need to keep them honest. I'm not sure if there will be comments, but we need to hit this hard and make it embarrassing for anyone who would lie about our 2nd amendment rights.

As a newspaper, the Sun-Times makes a fine fishwrapper. When they and other newspapers finally go toes up, they won't be missed.

They just don't make the connection between taking the 2nd amendment away leading to taking the 1st amendment away immediately afterwards. They just don't or more likely, won't get the connection.

The first "bullet" is about having people sign a petition to keep guns out of schools and disarm teachers. Obviously, that's contrary to our beliefs, so perhaps we can all send them proposals advocating the training and arming of willing and capable teachers and staff today.

I'm going to send them a link to Colion Noir youtube that explains this to them.

OH MY, the propaganda video at the https://31bullets.suntimes.com/dedicated site is very well produced and a slick way to sell their lies. They line up 6 gentle old lady teachers and have them shoot 9mm handguns with little training on proper grip. It's effective propaganda that doesn't explain that the concept of arming teachers and staff is about personal choice. Nobody wants to force a gun into the hands of a person unwilling or unable to use it safely.

OH MY, the propaganda video at the https://31bullets.suntimes.com/dedicated site is very well produced and a slick way to sell their lies. They line up 6 gentle old lady teachers and have them shoot 9mm handguns with little training on proper grip. It's effective propaganda that doesn't explain that the concept of arming teachers and staff is about personal choice. Nobody wants to force a gun into the hands of a person unwilling or unable to use it safely.

Pathetic propaganda. They were Scared before a round had been fired.

Pathetic propaganda. They were Scared before a round had been fired.

Propaganda and fear are all they have, really.

Chicago inner-city schools have been physically secured, equipped with metal detectors and armed guards (usually CPD) for decades now, but the Sun-Times propagandists don't want to talk about that since it doesn't fit the narrative.

They want to push the narrative that securing our schools is an impossible pipe dream and the only way for our children to be safe is "gun control."

It's day two, and there's no 2nd "bullet" of propaganda. That's a bit of a let down because they were supposed to have a new one every day this month. Not looking particularly motivated or prepared, are they?

They were begging for ideas to help them develop the rest....I guess there were no other ideas offered...talk about going out with a wimper

Anybody catch the Kanye West episode on the news? He basically went on to say what we already know in that hundreds of bangers in Chicago die every year and nobody says a word. Especially Barrack Obama while he was president and supposedly from Chicago. Obummer turned his back. Rahm Emanuel has had two kids under 6 years of age shot in less than 24 hours. Again, turned his back. I think he has something like 4000+ bodies on his watch alone as Mayor in only a few years. When a suburban white elementary school loses a few kids, the country is upside down. If the slum times truly cared, they would be better off stating the facts of ALL communities in the country.

Anybody catch the Kanye West episode on the news? He basically went on to say what we already know in that hundreds of bangers in Chicago die every year and nobody says a word. Especially Barrack Obama while he was president and supposedly from Chicago. Obummer turned his back. Rahm Emanuel has had two kids under 6 years of age shot in less than 24 hours. Again, turned his back. I think he has something like 4000+ bodies on his watch alone as Mayor in only a few years. When a suburban white elementary school loses a few kids, the country is upside down. If the slum times truly cared, they would be better off stating the facts of ALL communities in the country.

They don't care, they're pushing the liberal civilian disarmament agenda under the guise of actually caring just like the "moms" and the Tide pod eating marchers. They accuse the NRA and us of being monsters that make it all possible while they EXPLOIT every tragedy and look forward to the next one so they can use that too. Like I keep saying nobody is as diseased in the head, racist, intolerant, or cold hearted as a liberal.

They got around to posting a 2nd bullet. Mandatory child lock usage. I'm pretty sure there's a safe storage law for that already in Illinois.

With just 2 bullets in 7 days they look like they will only have enough to fill a pocket pistol magazine by the end of the month.

They got around to posting a 2nd bullet. Mandatory child lock usage. I'm pretty sure there's a safe storage law for that already in Illinois.

There are a couple of laws I remember at the state level. One is that an FFL must sell the firearm with a lock. The other has an owner being able to be charged if a child under age 14 without a FOID gets access to an unlocked firearm.

With just 2 bullets in 7 days they look like they will only have enough to fill a pocket pistol magazine by the end of the month.

LOL

The Only lock condition my firearms stay in : Locked & Loaded !

This just out today:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/working/editorial-31-bullets-campaign-fight-gun-violence/

This suggestion shows how some jackboot cops think-

From Bob Wirth, a west suburban police officer:

My solutions are drastic, but I believe needed. Immediately ban the production and sale of assault-style weapons and large capacity magazines for civilians. Those who currently own such firearms or magazines can keep them for a period of time 8 or 10 years after which they will be destroyed. Anyone possessing those items after that is subject to arrest and prosecution.

Secondly, ban the production and sale of violent video games. They are too graphic and desensitizing. They are killing simulators.

(redacted0

Another good one

From Toni Gilpin of Evanston:

I could not watch the video [of teachers at a gun range] linked to your editorial last week unveiling your 31 bullets campaign. Why not? Because before the video played, I had to sit through an ad for a video game called War Thunder that featured tanks destroying their targets, and airplanes engaged in dogfights and carpet-bombing buildings. Many more than 31 bullets were discharged in that 15-second spot.

The countless rounds of ammunition fired in this game aptly reflect how we approach conflict resolution when it comes to other countries. Why shouldnt individuals on Chicagos streets feel the same way? One of the points you might make as your campaign continues is that our governments long-standing bipartisan commitment to violence as our primary foreign policy helps foster our embrace of gun violence and gun use at home.

Oh no! The bullets being fired from a WW2 online game scared me so much! Hurr dee durr..........

Liberalism: giving mentally unstable people a purpose (as demonstrated in example #2)

So Bob Wirth hates the 1st Amendment as much as he hates the 2nd. And what's the name for a country where the police make the rules?

I’ll take police state for $500, Alex.....

I support and respect LE, enough that I donate to various organizations, but guys like that are what gives LEO’s a bad name.

I had an awesome experience (in perspective) last time I was pulled over. I handed him my CCL with my DL. He said “I don’t need to see that” (didn’t dawn on him for a moment). When he came back to my car he said “I really appreciate you showing me that, thank you”. Got a verbal warning on what would have been a $200 ticket. Probably doesn’t hurt that I have cop plates too lol.

I honestly think the majority of LEO’s are on our side, but there are a few jackboots

Archived