We Need Volunteers to Make IllinoisCarry Tongue Depressors!

Molly B.

We will be needing tactical self-defense tongue depressors to hand out at the upcoming town hall meetings (might be as many as 5-6 town halls Feb. 20-29) and IGOLD on Mar. 7.

We need volunteers to print out and apply 2/3" x 3 7/16" labels on 6" x 3/4" x 1/16" craft sticks.

The labels are available at most office supply places and the craft sticks are available at Wal-mart

and most craft supply places. The ones at Wal-mart come 300 to a box.

The ISP website has changed the url for the webpage advising women to use a hair comb, car key, or gagging yourself to vomit

so the old labels are outdated. A file is attached for making the labels.

We would like to have at least a hundred of these for each town hall and 1,000 for IGOLD. Please sign up here if you are

willing to volunteer. You will need to make arrangements to get them to us in time for the meetings.

post-195-131353324707.jpg

Tongue depressor labels.pdf

Tongue depressor labels.doc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OK Valinda - ya hooked me in.

Put me down for a box.

Several weeks ago Conservative 1 of the pink AR sent a PM asking if we were going to need these again. Perhaps she'll see this thread and help us out!!

Timi

I was just pming her the other day about IGOLD and possibly helping with selling buttons and what not. They went ahead and made arrangments for IGOLD but they're not able to commit 100% just yet but will know very soon.

I will never understand their attachment to that page. In their place I'd be deleting it.

I KNOW!!!! I think I first contacted them and expressed my outrage about 5 years ago and still it

remains. On the other hand, it sure helps in our efforts to show the Gov.'s total disregard for the

safety of women in Illinois

I like the things found in the purse. Is a Teasing Brush used to tease the assailant?

I just click on the ISP website....under the puke on yourself tactic, is this little piece

http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/assault.cfm#ASLTCONF

"If you must fight-

*Guns stolen from residences are a primary way of getting guns into the hands of criminals.

*Be aware of those times and places where there is a potential for attack and be prepared to defend yourself.

parking lots

walking at night

waiting for a bus

elevators

other you will learn to recognize"

what does the first sentence have to do with fighting off an attack? Blatant propaganda anyone?!

I just click on the ISP website....under the puke on yourself tactic, is this little piece

http://www.isp.state...lt.cfm#ASLTCONF

"If you must fight-

*Guns stolen from residences are a primary way of getting guns into the hands of criminals.

*Be aware of those times and places where there is a potential for attack and be prepared to defend yourself.

parking lots

walking at night

waiting for a bus

elevators

other you will learn to recognize"

what does the first sentence have to do with fighting off an attack? Blatant propaganda anyone?!

I wondered the same thing. If guns stolen from residences are a bad thing, then why not allow us to take our guns with us, outside the residence, so that we are "prepared to defend yourself".

Tim

I wondered the same thing. If guns stolen from residences are a bad thing, then why not allow us to take our guns with us, outside the residence, so that we are "prepared to defend yourself".

Tim

Nope. The safest thing is to round them up and destroy them. Especially historical pieces - they don't have loaded chamber indicators.

I just had to say that because the other day I was shown a VERY old Government 1911 - Property US Army - that had been chopped into pieces . . . .

lest a criminal got his hands on it.

Nope. The safest thing is to round them up and destroy them. Especially historical pieces - they don't have loaded chamber indicators.

I just had to say that because the other day I was shown a VERY old Government 1911 - Property US Army - that had been chopped into pieces . . . .

If the government was the one who chopped it to pieces a criminal did get their hands on it.

:whistle:

Tim

Crying.%20=-%28.gif :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived