Will County IL. gun laws

Navy80to04

Hi All,

My Wifes friend is driving down from Will County to down where we live, (south IL) Her husband passed away and she wants to bring down his old revolver for me to clean up and show her how to use it.

My question is: Does Will County have any of them bad gun laws, like cook county? She keeps telling me that the gun is not registered? is that something that is needed in Will County?

Thanks,

Greg

you are right, 4got about that little card

How long since her husband passed? The FOID act exempts heirs of a gun owner for 60 days (magnanimous isn't it?) after the passing of the gun owner. I wouldn't count on every LEO that you meet knowing that though. Best for her to leave it in the drawer or where ever until she gets a FOID.

Pertinent Statute: (430 ILCS 65/12) (from Ch. 38, par. 83‑12) [/size]

Sec. 12. The provisions of this Act shall not apply to the passing or transfer of any firearm or firearm ammunition upon the death of the owner thereof to his heir or legatee or to the passing or transfer of any firearm or firearm ammunition incident to any legal proceeding or action until 60 days after such passing or transfer.

(Source: Laws 1967, p. 2600.)

Linky Thing

Also make sure she has it properly encased in the car when she does bring it down to you. Would hate to see her get in trouble for something she may not be aware of.

Yep all those damn rules.

Navy, there are a number of members in Will Co. I'm sure one of us would be happy to go check the firearm for her and give her a quick lesson on transport, etc

Dave

Archived