Appealing CCL Review Board Denial

Molly B.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., June 7, 2016 at 03:40 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., June 7, 2016 at 03:40 PM - No reason given

The administration review process is where it's stated.

If you don't file your appeal in the first 35 days.

You have to wait 2 years to file your appeal.

But as I state that's what I've been advised by several lawyers.

I ended up hiring an ISRA lawyer.

We'll see how my appeal goes.

But as everyone agrees to.

The IL CCLRB has lots of holes and they are uses those to really screw us.

No one truly knows who or why there was an objection.

And the CCLRB, denied us our due process.

By not allowing us to respond to any objection.

They just agreed and closed our applications by dening us and there by sealing out files.

So really let's say a 1000 applications get this treatment, how many can afford a lawyer to fight for them, how many can/will try to fight on there own.

Trying to appeal a process that's not really there. Less the .5%

It's totally a planning way to denied hundreds..

I put off home upgrades/renovation s. So it's not that I can afford it. I'm not willing to let the state screw me any more then that have before.

I understand that it's stated in the administrative review process that you can't appeal for 2 years if you miss the 35 day deadline, but where does it say that you can never reapply for your entire life? That's what I'm questioning.

What I do not understand is why people are waiting around for answers to come across this board? Get out there and find them!!! Go to the Daley Center and put your appeals in and get that court date. Thats a start.. Do not wait for day 30 or 35 to do something. I put my appeal in already downtown and just knowing that makes me feel a little more comfortable since the process is started now. The next step is to research and find ways to beat these SOB's and get my CCL. I am hoping they receive the appeal/suit and just issue the CCL. It is a long shot, but no one knows. Don't wait for handouts this is a CCL not a LINK Card

What I do not understand is why people are waiting around for answers to come across this board? Get out there and find them!!! Go to the Daley Center and put your appeals in and get that court date. Thats a start.. Do not wait for day 30 or 35 to do something. I put my appeal in already downtown and just knowing that makes me feel a little more comfortable since the process is started now. The next step is to research and find ways to beat these SOB's and get my CCL. I am hoping they receive the appeal/suit and just issue the CCL. It is a long shot, but no one knows. Don't wait for handouts this is a CCL not a LINK Card

Part of the research folks are doing is checking here to get the best information they can before taking action. It has a lot to do with planning time off work and coming up with the finances. I don't see many here looking for a handout. Help maybe, but not a handout.

Interesting Post to to say the least. Why make such wild accusation like people are waiting for information from this Forum. People have been pursuing appeals and posting comments about the process. This forum is very informative for most. I come for answers here often without making negative comments.

I think most people are doing research, I for one am and when I find info, I post it. Other people are doing the same. There is not whole lot of information available yet and we are all trying to figure it out. I filed my appeal several weeks ago and I posted what the process was that I went through. We should all be trying help each other and share as much information as we can.

It's not about waiting it's about the help from the NRA and the right way to file the appeal it's easy to come on here and post I filed a appeal but doing it the right way that's what counts I can go all day and file a bunch of bull**** and take it to court and waste time and money the out come will be denied. Wheres the help I am a NRA members I tell you I fight this and win or lose I will not Renew my membership because if I do it on my own then why am I paying yearly for what??? A sticker they can keep it!!! Wheres the help, support to win and help others in our situation. I'm going tomorrow filing my appeal but I will not renew my NRA membership because their not helping me I fight alone with the help of pps on Illinois carry Thank you.
Posted · Hidden by Molly B., April 23, 2014 at 03:14 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., April 23, 2014 at 03:14 PM - No reason given
Benji....I am calling you out right to your face...quit whining....there are plenty of us working to help ourselves and each other. Todd Vandermyde has been an axing resource. In my case NRA and ISRA have shelled out five digits for legal fees. What have you done besides complain...I have another $15K shelled out in my process and it's just starting. If you aren't going to contribute don't expect much. I spend hours doing what I can to help others. If all you are going to do is cplain don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out.

Benji, the NRA has done quite a bit. Where do you think I got the form and working on the form to file my appeal from? Between the NRA and IL Carry, they have both help me quite a bit. I'm not sure where you are getting that they are not helping. Without the help I have received from both resources, I wouldn't have know what to do at all. Between Todd and Molly, I think they have both bent over backwards to help us. What you should be complaining about is the unjust denials. We are all in this together and should be helping each other as much as we can.

I did not mean to come off rash, but when I got my denial letters I went straight to the place the directions listed as to get the appeal in. When I did all of this I posted to a few members on here the process and how to get the $276 filing fee, $15 per person summons fees, and $36 postage fees waived for free. Now that I have a court date for that, I am working on finding other avenues of approach to possibly bypass that court date and talk to a live person who can rectify the falsely pose a danger to myself and others and get my CCL reinstated or issued. I have a number to a lady that has helped me before that works for ISP and she has access to the screens not like the people you call that tell you they don't, but they will put your complaint in for someone to call you back about it. She can also reach over her corridor to the person next to her that reinstates revoked FOIDS and what not. I believe in helping others too, but we need to go to the sources and get this information in order to come back here and help each other out. Everything I find out I will post back.

doc.gif A ccl appeal petition .doc 28KB 0 downloads

Can someone please fix the crazy formatting of the parenthesis at the beginning of the CCL Appeal Petition document? I've tried everything to get them to line up properly and only seems to make it worse.

On my way to the Daley center any good advice? I wish I can post pix but the form don't let me.

When you go up to the counter they will ask you what do you need? You tell them you are there to file an appeal/petition for the conceal carry permit. They will give you all the forms and certified mail envelopes (everything you need to appeal they have) if they do not tell you or ask you about filing for a waiver ask the clerk for form N689 C. You will take that form up to the 24th floor room 2403 and fill all three sections out and give it to the clerk who will give it to the law clerk who will review it and then give it to the judge who will sign off on it. You then take that signed form back to room 802 and file your paperwork. Copies can be made there and I paid 3.25 for all copies at the machine. Make sure you fill all the paperwork out first, make your copies and then take all forms, copies, waiver back up to front desk or they will push you to the side. The line was long not with people for appeals, but they deal with everything in chancery court so there is lawyers galore in line too so knock it all out first and you will sail smooth. The waiver is for low income or financial hardship individuals. The clerk told me to just fill it out and put unemployed. She said they do not check or ask for pay stubs. My waiver was granted as soon as the law clerk read unemployed. 30 minutes it was handed back with the judges stamp and signature. I only summoned two parties: ISP and Hiram Grau. After I submitted the forms I received a court date for August which I will be able to fight the determination. Hopefully its a no brainer and the violation of due process and constitutional rights prevail.

One more thing, if you are having trouble with filling out the forms, there are free attorneys in CL-16 which is in the basement. They will help you fill out the forms and give you advice so I was told. I went there and it was packed with cases about divorce to foreclosures. I was given an appointment for the next time slot which was 3PM same day and I decided not to wait or go. Everything you need to fill out is pretty straight forward and I used the complaint lingo from what Molly posted. I am pretty mad, I came home and my wife got her CCL in the mail today.

The fee for filing without a waiver is: $276 and $15 for every defendant summoned plus postage which is determined by weight and when I saw the receipt it said $36 dollars before it was cancelled out from the waiver. Thank the clerk she saved me a ton!!!

I did not mean to come off rash, but when I got my denial letters I went straight to the place the directions listed as to get the appeal in. When I did all of this I posted to a few members on here the process and how to get the $276 filing fee, $15 per person summons fees, and $36 postage fees waived for free. Now that I have a court date for that, I am working on finding other avenues of approach to possibly bypass that court date and talk to a live person who can rectify the falsely pose a danger to myself and others and get my CCL reinstated or issued. I have a number to a lady that has helped me before that works for ISP and she has access to the screens not like the people you call that tell you they don't, but they will put your complaint in for someone to call you back about it. She can also reach over her corridor to the person next to her that reinstates revoked FOIDS and what not. I believe in helping others too, but we need to go to the sources and get this information in order to come back here and help each other out. Everything I find out I will post back.

I have read through your post a couple of times, and come away very concerned on a couple of levels. The first is that ANY suggestion that an employee within ISP that has "special abilities" or powers to be able to resolve revoked or denied FOID cards or CCL applications is not only untrue, it is downright dangerous. Despite not producing documents in response to a FOIA request, there clearly is a process and procedures by which ISP deals with both of these items. Let me be very specific, in dealing with my own situation with a FOID Revocation Appeal, I am in direct contact with Jessica Trame....the Director of the Firearms Services Bureau both by telephone and email....not through another person, or imagine, but rather through direct. exchange. She has been both receptive and responsive to my requests, however, at all times very careful to reiterate that there is a process to be gone through, the process takes time, and you aren't going to get any special advantage, bumped up i the line, or treated any different than anyone else by contacting a specific ISP employee. Any suggestion to the contrary is perhaps wishful, but certainly not correct. I trust that its pretty clear that I have spent a substantial amount of time, effort and $$...including the involvement of plenty of $500/hour attorney time seeking to wend a path through this process.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., April 23, 2014 at 10:31 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., April 23, 2014 at 10:31 PM - No reason given

I don't have address for any defendant side

Darling there are posts with the information...sorry..no handholding here.

No reason for that just asking for help SMDH!!!!

ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE, a division of the State of Illinois

HIRAM GRAU, solely in his official capacity as director of the Illinois State Police

CONCEALED CARRY LICENSING REVIEW BOARD, an Independent state authority created by the Firearm Conealed Carry Act

ROBINZINA BRYANT, solely in her capacity as Chair of the Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board

But have no address for them if you can just quote and repost other then posting no handholing here sound like a lil kid!!!!

HIRAM GRAU, solely in his official capacity as director of the Illinois State Police

CONCEALED CARRY LICENSING REVIEW BOARD, an Independent state authority created by the Firearm Conealed Carry Act

ROBINZINA BRYANT, solely in her capacity as Chair of the Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board

But have no address for them if you can just quote and repost other then posting no handholing here sound like a lil kid!!!!

If you read what has been posted its all there ..how bout not wasting time of everyone else jbc you are lazy

If you read what has been posted its all there ..how bout not wasting time of everyone else jbc you are lazy

IGNORANT a** I'm done!!!!

I have read through your post a couple of times, and come away very concerned on a couple of levels. The first is that ANY suggestion that an employee within ISP that has "special abilities" or powers to be able to resolve revoked or denied FOID cards or CCL applications is not only untrue, it is downright dangerous. Despite not producing documents in response to a FOIA request, there clearly is a process and procedures by which ISP deals with both of these items. Let me be very specific, in dealing with my own situation with a FOID Revocation Appeal, I am in direct contact with Jessica Trame....the Director of the Firearms Services Bureau both by telephone and email....not through another person, or imagine, but rather through direct. exchange. She has been both receptive and responsive to my requests, however, at all times very careful to reiterate that there is a process to be gone through, the process takes time, and you aren't going to get any special advantage, bumped up i the line, or treated any different than anyone else by contacting a specific ISP employee. Any suggestion to the contrary is perhaps wishful, but certainly not correct. I trust that its pretty clear that I have spent a substantial amount of time, effort and $$...including the involvement of plenty of $500/hour attorney time seeking to wend a path through this process.

Did I say jump the line? Nope. Obviously she may point in a better direction or even pass me along to some avenue no one has heard of. She actually did help me where my FOID was revoked last year and she had it reinstated in a day. So I know she is there to help and is not downright dangerous. People like myself like to find answers and if I really need to spend money I will, but not right now to some attorney who will do the same or maybe even less than what I am doing right now myself.

Hiram Grau, Director

Illinois State Police

Office of the Director

801 South Seventh Street, Suite 400-M

Springfield, IL 62703.

The same address for The Illinois Department of State Police Division of Administration

I only summoned these two, but if I need to I can go back to summon whoever else for free

Did I say jump the line? Nope. Obviously she may point in a better direction or even pass me along to some avenue no one has heard of. She actually did help me where my FOID was revoked last year and she had it reinstated in a day. So I know she is there to help and is not downright dangerous. People like myself like to find answers and if I really need to spend money I will, but not right now to some attorney who will do the same or maybe even less than what I am doing right now myself.

Sometimes rules are meant to be broken so someone or something can prevail. You should really just hope there is a breakthrough and stop the bantering of the process card. Everyone knows it is who you know in this world. If one of us may know someone we might have a breakthrough. Kudos to your process and I know there is one, but I am looking far past that. Goodluck with your process as well.

Perhaps Molly could pin a thread organizing the information of those who are being brought up to summons?

If we could have a LOCKED thread with all of the links to the PDF files being posted as well as the information to ALL of those that have been brought up to summons, it could make things more organized and easier to search.

I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and do some digging, but I will admit that this forum can get quite confusing and have the information you're seeking for a single topic spread throughout numerous topics and among hundreds or thousands of posts.

Just seems like tedious and cumbersome work at this point.

Archived