From Under Board Review to approved in 2ish months?

dogmouse

Wow, I'm totally shocked!

I just got my CCL license in the mail.

I live in Chicago and was arrested 12+ years ago with the case being dismissed. I figured from all the information on here I was "Darted" and would be getting "need additional 30 days" letters for the next year or so. I was even researching lawyers for my eventual appeal and how to expunge my record. Opened my mail today expecting a 30 day later and it has my CCL card. Even checked the website to make sure and it says active!

Thanks Molly and everyone else on here, I followed everything posted in the Responding to CCL Review Board Request for Statement. Stated that I was not convicted, was honest and explained the situation. How I learned from it and what changes I made to my life and took responsibility for my part in it. Also added 12+ year home owner, always employed and that I was requesting CCL to protect my family. Then added the statement provided by Molly.

Interestingly all the mail correspondences extremely late, like really late, almost like it was done on purpose so I wouldn't have time to respond. I was in the habit of checking the website daily when I noticed the LEO objection and the ability to provide my response otherwise I would have missed it.

June 16th(ish) Applied for CCL with prints

Oct Under board review

Oct Submitted my statement with all the tips and info from the 1st post

Dec 12 Approved and card in hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Molly,

Is there any reason where a scenario like this gets solved quicker? Some of us have been under board review for simply a speeding arrest, is this just an anomaly?

Congrats also on getting your CCL!

Unless a person has received a letter from the Review Board stating the reason for the objection, it's hard to know if it was for a simple speeding arrest.

Some reviews happen slower because the Review Board may have requested more info from the objecting law enforcement dept. and are waiting for that info.

FWIW, I've had at least 10 folks call me in the past 30 days to say they never received the Notice of Law Enforcement Objection; their app went from under board review (30 day letters) to denial. I always ask if they checked the portal every few days, and none of them had. They assumed the letter would eventually arrive or weren't computer proficient.

The USPS delivery has been atrocious around the holidays due to demand & COVID so it appears ISP letters were just part of the casualties. Please keep in mind and don't rely solely on getting the letters in the mail. (P.S. I confirmed with CCLRB that letters had been sent out and Notice had been posted online, just in case there had been a mistake.)

Archived