Received FOID in 2016 revoked in 2017 after ordering Pistol

Talo19

sometimes even an arrest will cause you to get denied even though there is no conviction what you need to do is get a disposition of the case from the Cook County Clerk's building preferably in the district you caught the case if it turns out that it is Sol then send a certified copy to the state police and it should clear up the matter if it comes out that it was a conviction you need to see if you qualify for an expungement

There is a nonprofit legal aid clinic, Cabrini Green Legal aid clinic inside the Daly building on the 10th floor room 1006 they can and will prepare your expungement paperwork for you and you can file them in the same office

Thank You, criminal damage to property should still not keep me from buying a firearm, After all I was issued the FOID....

I suspect the OP was issued the FOID, as well as obtaining the security jobs, because the prior "conviction" was not coming up on the background check. Most likely, Cook County has been pushing out arrests and any other interaction with police in a person's life into the NICS as a part of their opposition to as many concealed carry applications as possible. As a result, even someone that hasn't applied for a CCL is now getting caught up in the system.

I suspect the OP was issued the FOID, as well as obtaining the security jobs, because the prior "conviction" was not coming up on the background check. Most likely, Cook County has been pushing out arrests and any other interaction with police in a person's life into the NICS as a part of their opposition to as many concealed carry applications as possible. As a result, even someone that hasn't applied for a CCL is now getting caught up in the system.

at least I still have my empty gun safe. They can't take that away. lol

Archived