Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall - Sat. Apr. 28, 2012

Molly B.

Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting

Saturday, April 28, 2012

2:00-4:00 pm

Maggiano’s Little Italy

516 N. Clark St.

Chicago, IL 60654

Please download and print fliers and if you are downtown/uptown area, please help to distribute. This meeting is in the northern part of Rep. Ken Dunkin's district #5.

You can go here to find the boundaries of his district - http://gis.elections.il.gov

maggianos-flyer3.pdf

I'm not as savy at this stuff as some of you. Is this something that those of us who do not live in the kingdom of Chicago should attend? Will antis and or reps who voted no be there?

So far, things have been very positive, however, you never can tell when they may decide to disrupt a meeting. Having a Town Hall meeting in a pro-2nd area of the state (i.e. NOT Chicago..) may not draw the same "element" as an inner-city meeting. You know, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. But generally, things have been rather pleasant.

I don't live down there, but I am close. I'll do my best to be there with other city folks.

We could use help getting flyers posted throughout the neighborhoods. Not picking you out specifically, Daniel, this is for all Chicagoans on this forum.

I don't live down there, but I am close. I'll do my best to be there with other city folks.

We could use help getting flyers posted throughout the neighborhoods. Not picking you out specifically, Daniel, this is for all Chicagoans on this forum.

Any neighborhood you particularly want flyers in?

I'm not the organizer of this one, but my suggestion is any neighborhood nearby, fanning out from there. I suggest near north, near west, south loop.

There is a red-line 'el' stop just north of the location at Grand/Clark, so public transportation is a great way to get there. That means a good strategy might be to hit the 'el' stops.

We will be needing some extra hands and feet to help unload and set up equipment for this meeting and to staff the IllinoisCarry table.

We will begin setting up at 1 pm or so. Any volunteers??

Count me in!

Archived