Self Protection on my bicycle trip

alan081954

Hi folks, I was born and raised in Moline. I now live in Adams,Tn. I'm 58 yrs old, not a bad a** or a fighter. but I'm not afraid of anyone,even if I got in a fight and got my as kicked. I don't go looking for trouble. I am planning a bicycle trip from my house in Adams,Tn. to Moline in the very near future. (a month or so) I have a 3" folding knife, a couple of pepper sprays, and a camping saw, (the type that is like a wire with rings at each end)I'll be traveling on the highways that allow bicycles and be doing either stealth camping, or camping in state parks if allowed. Or with kind folks that offer a place in their yard. My question is.....Will I have any problems out of local LEO's along my way with the items I plan to carry? This is an updated question from last year. Thanks for all the input in advance.

Anything can happen, but I would ask myself the question, " When was the last time I was searched while on a bicycle trip?" first. That might help answer your other question. More importantly, I would advise you to not do anything illegal. Disclaimer: IANAL.

I was stopped last year in Bowling Green,Ky. at a 7/11 type of store and was asked for my ID and what I was up to. I have had no problems here in Tn. other than mean mugging and a few fingers from impatient drivers. I can't think of anything illegal I would be doing...... as far as I know, girl watching is still legal.

Anything can happen, but I would ask myself the question, " When was the last time I was searched while on a bicycle trip?" first. That might help answer your other question. More importantly, I would advise you to not do anything illegal. Disclaimer: IANAL.

I was stopped last year in Bowling Green,Ky. at a 7/11 type of store and was asked for my ID and what I was up to. I have had no problems here in Tn. other than mean mugging and a few fingers from impatient drivers. I can't think of anything illegal I would be doing...... as far as I know, girl watching is still legal.

Did they find your knives, sprays. or saws?

Archived