FOID applications running behind again

Windchaser

It didn't seem to take the ISP long to get behind again. My daughter submitted her application the last week of December and so far no FOID. I was hoping she would get it within the 30 days after reading that they were caught up and processing the new applications as they arrived. I'll be interested to see when she finally gets it.

Call them.. There are stories all around, including my own, of the ISP needing more info to process the FOID. Instead of contacting you, they wait for you to contact them to inquire about it.

Stupid but true........mine sat there for 82 days I called them and they needed something from me. I faxed it and my card was in hand within a week.

Have her call. I've had to do it twice, once on original application and the second time when my wallet was stolen. I've gone the route of calling both the ISP directly and speaking to Judy, and the second time called my rep. Frankly I got a better response when I spoke to Judy directly.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28067&hl=foidoffice&st=330

Post #339....

Call them.. There are stories all around, including my own, of the ISP needing more info to process the FOID. Instead of contacting you, they wait for you to contact them to inquire about it.

Stupid but true........mine sat there for 82 days I called them and they needed something from me. I faxed it and my card was in hand within a week.

What could they possibly have needed and why wasnt it on the app if they needed it? Not to inpune you im just trying to understand

What could they possibly have needed and why wasnt it on the app if they needed it? Not to inpune you im just trying to understand

You don't need to know what they needed :-) . Just that they needed something from me and instead of sending a letter, they waited for me to call.

I sent in for a change of address towards the end of December. Called them mid January and they said it's processing. My girlfriend sent in a new app 3 weeks after me and got her FOID less than 30 days later, while I still wait for a stupid change of address. No rhyme or reason to their madness. Calling tomorrow to see what the issue is.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived