Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#91 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Members
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

I lost my CC AND FOID (only to find them days later) and filed over 30 days ago for replacement cards. Does anyone have any idea how long it is taking for replacements? Apparently I cannot cancel my request.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could be in for a 90 day wait period. And I could be wrong but lost or stolen cards get cancelled and are not valid anymore!
They don’t want them popping up in some buying spree some where.
I’ve seen this same post before and it seems that those who misplaced them always get excited and apply only to find them within days as you state. With all things ISP and firearms it is always a patient game, make damn sure they are gone before applying.
Better to not carry and hunt for them than get them cancelled.
Good Luck

thanks im gonna go cry now

Just curious, run your FOID here and see if its active:  https://www.ispfsb.c...rmTransfer.aspx

Welcome to the forum

it says Not Valid. I don’t understand. If they run Background check every day, how does it take 90 days to issue a REPLACEMENT FOID?

Of course it’s not valid, it was lost or stolen. They aren’t going to let it float around in someone else’s hands until they get you a new one!

As for the reason/question as to why it takes so long and what have the FOID and they run it everyday and and, same answer we’ve had for years and posted every other day. It’s Illinois. It’s their process. And we have NO one in a position to challenge it with deep pockets and a reason to kill it off after 40 or 50 years of being the norm!

#92 Mercs

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:14 AM

I lost my CC AND FOID (only to find them days later) and filed over 30 days ago for replacement cards. Does anyone have any idea how long it is taking for replacements? Apparently I cannot cancel my request.
You could be in for a 90 day wait period. And I could be wrong but lost or stolen cards get cancelled and are not valid anymore!
They donât want them popping up in some buying spree some where.
Iâve seen this same post before and it seems that those who misplaced them always get excited and apply only to find them within days as you state. With all things ISP and firearms it is always a patient game, make damn sure they are gone before applying.
Better to not carry and hunt for them than get them cancelled.
Good Luck
thanks im gonna go cry now

Just curious, run your FOID here and see if its active:  https://www.ispfsb.c...rmTransfer.aspx

Welcome to the forumit says Not Valid. I donât understand. If they run Background check every day, how does it take 90 days to issue a REPLACEMENT FOID?

Of course itâs not valid, it was lost or stolen. They arenât going to let it float around in someone elseâs hands until they get you a new one!
As for the reason/question as to why it takes so long and what have the FOID and they run it everyday and and, same answer weâve had for years and posted every other day. Itâs Illinois. Itâs their process. And we have NO one in a position to challenge it with deep pockets and a reason to kill it off after 40 or 50 years of being the norm!

i have my FOID and CCL in hand. I should be able to cancel the report I made when I was being a good boy and timely reported the loss. Then I found it! Now I lost my right to defend myself and buy ammo? Makes a lot of sense! Hopefully I donât get mugged and shot to death and my 3 kids lose their father because of a plastic card being lost momentarily

Edited by Mercs, 30 March 2020 - 11:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users