People v. Brown - FOID ruled unconstituional in IL District Court

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#211 gunuser17

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:34 AM

As noted a few pages up, the Illinois Supreme Court is not scheduled to hear oral arguments again until Sept. 9, 2019.  If the Court decides to wait on the US Supreme Court NY case, the Brown case may not be heard until 2020 and the Illinois Court may call for additional briefing after any NY decision.  You can see the Court's argument schedule at page two here:  http://www.illinoisc...ay/05-19_DB.pdf

#212 chemical operator1

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for this update. I couldn't find anything other than the April deadline with that final extension.

#213 domin8

• Members
  • 6,928 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

*cough* AHEM *cough* *cough* Nonresident military spouse that lived in Illinois *cough* *cough* couldn't purchase ammo at Walmart/LGS for guns in home, couldn't purchase a long gun in Illinois, couldn't rent guns at shooting range, all due to inability to obtain FOID Card. *cough* *cough* brought many guns to Illinois that were kept in home, but it was ok under the FOID Card Act. *cough* *cough* Amicus??? *cough* Search forum archives dated 7/2012-7/2015 for post history regarding this. Iirc, I tried discussing this topic about 5 years ago. Military spouses who maintain residency in their home state can't obtain FOID Cards. Active duty military, regardless of state residency, have the option to obtain a FOID Card (not a requirement). Should the service member be deployed those guns are staying in the home while the service member is away. To be fair, I haven't read any of the court filings. Just throwing this stuff out there. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#214 borgranta

• Members
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

The only way it would be legal for ILLINOS to allow the FOID to exist after a court ruling declaring it unconstitutional would be to revise FOID law and all references of FOID in law to make it an optional card that would offer a benefit of no mandatory waiting period upon instant background check approval and a maximum 3 day wait when background check is delayed.

Edited by borgranta, 02 July 2019 - 12:49 PM.

The following referral code will grant provide a new User of Uber a free ride up to $15
donaldd4557ui

#215 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:29 AM

But waiting periods and other delays are also unconstitutional.

#216 SiliconSorcerer

• Members
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:31 AM

But waiting periods and other delays are also unconstitutional.

Anything but cash (barter) and carry is unconstitutional. 

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Gun Owners of America

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users