Restoration of 2A Rights Possible After Past Felony Conviction?

Molly B.

yes winja. pm me withthe dissabling infoor call me 708-218-2180

would it be more helpful if i called or if we just continue via PM's?

Well, I believe he's on a road trip at the present time. He said "PM or call" so if you want to get things going I'd call. He also mentioned in a different thread (I think) that Emails are easier for him to respond to than PMs are. I'd just give him a call. If he doesn't pick up - leave a message.

ok, im not in a HUGE hurry by any means, it has after all been 20 years LOL i have to head out for work in a short time today so i will give him a call tomorrow in the afternoon. thanks for your help

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, so glad I found this topic as it also pertains to my situation as well.

I too have had a felony conviction, several to be honest, when I was much younger. The last was approx. 20 years ago, but I have been a model Citizen since, raising a family and working my butt off. The convictions were all non-violent, non drug-related, and no weapons. In truth they were mostly burglary thefts from cars (ignorant stuff like cassettes, radar detectors, etc.).

I have been given at least some of my Civil Rights back, as I have been a registered and active voter since the '08 election cycle, and of late I have been wondering about my 2A status. I've missed out on a lot of hunting with friends, and one of my sons is an avid hunter today and I would love to participate with him.

Reading through the posts it seems I may have some path toward relief, and with the current political landscape in Illinois I am hoping this might be true. True, Maddigan and the current court system present a huge obstacle, but I would like to hear some of your input on the current situation before I pursue court action or a foid application.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TY,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Archived