What gun did Canadian shooter use?

max503

I can't find this anywhere. I'm just curious.

i tried looking for this info last night, couldn't find anything.

I did find that it looks like they are now going to fast track an "assualt style weapons ban", so i'm guessing it was at least semi-automatic.

Doesn't matter what he used, this gives them the opportunity to fast track anti gun legislation.

"Never let a crisis go to waste" isn't just an American Democrat saying.

I would guess that since fake news is not screaming about it being an "assault weapon" that it was something like a shotgun or a handgun. They would never keep it quiet unless the gun did not fit their narrative!

This! My bet is a revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... it is currently illegal to possess ... any kind of rapid-fire weapon in Canada.

It's legal, but the vocabulary is misleading. Full-auto weapons are classified as "prohibited," but it is possible to have a "prohibited license," which means the license-holder can own a "prohibited" weapon. Long gun magazines are limited to 5 rounds, though.

Meanwhile, my bet is on a semi-auto pistol. Magazines for pistols are limited to 10 rounds. Pistols don't have to be registered, except in Quebec. So they'll probably require registration and reduce the mag sizes more.

Think of the children.

My guess is that this individual was a friendly, law abiding citizen who happened upon an evil firearm. The spirit of the gun took over his mind and soul and sent him on a killing rampage. He couldn't help himself as the gun itself was the cause of the killing. A few more laws restricting who can have access to guns, and what type of guns can legally exist in Canada and all should be well.

Canada ain't USA.

We may not find out anytime soon.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-will-the-rampage-in-nova-scotia-prove-to-be-a-pivotal-moment-in/

excerpt:

It will be some time before we know what that evidence may be in Nova Scotia. There are 16 separate crime scenes, and it is likely the gunman used more than one weapon. But Canadian police are reluctant to share information at the best of times, citing the danger of prejudicing court proceedings or ongoing investigations. Information reaches the public long after the fact, if at all: We still don’t know what gun was used in an August, 2018, mass shooting in Fredericton, which killed two police officers and two civilians, because the matter has not yet come to trial.

Must we wait two years to learn the facts on which the Liberals intend to base their evidence-based policy? How are we to assess that policy, absent those facts? Some of those facts are available now. The police can confirm whether the shooter held a firearms licence within hours, a fact that cannot conceivably prejudice any Serious Incident Response Team investigation. Yet the RCMP has not released this information.

Whether the past weekend’s rampage in Nova Scotia will prove to be a pivotal moment in Canadian gun control remains to be seen. In a video shared to Twitter Monday by Canada’s National Firearms Association, former U.S. National Rifle Association TV personality Colion Noir suggested the Liberals were exploiting a tragedy to push an anti-gun agenda. And the political opportunity for the Liberals to act has surely arrived. But it is less clear that whatever action they take will form a sensible and coherent response to the problem of mass shootings in Canada.

Typical "shift the blame" for the inadequacies of their laws as well as their border stations for failing to catch those guns in transit.

I don't believe that this shooter used guns at all. He had no license, Canadian laws do not allow easy access to guns. It must be a mistake in the news because after all, LAWS WERE PASSED TO PREVENT THIS. I think he must have killed all 22 people using a Swiss Army pocket knife. The other explanation is that it is all the fault of Donald Trump, or maybe the NRA, or maybe the knuckle dragging folks that actually OWN GUNS in America. Oh, the humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

My job's headquarters is in Montreal. A colleague of mine there, told me it was an AR platform. He knows nothing more than that. I think even the majority of Canadians do not know exactly what it was.

He was also saying that many Canadians are really fired up about the new bans, because you have to jump through flaming hoops to even own a firearm. Extensive training, long waits, and even need to have fellow licensed gun owners vouch for you.

I'm not sure how effective a fired Canadian is though lol

Archived