Tshirt carry/holster

robinp

I understand the advantages/disadvantage of a "holstered t-shirt" as compared to IWB, but it looks like an option I want to pursue/try with hot weather approaching. My work requires dress pants and a golf style shirt for the most part, so wearing the holstered t-shirt underneath the golf shirt looks attractive to me on the surface. I've looked at www.center-of-mass.com, the 511 shirt and the shirt offered through the Glock Store. The latter looks the most appealing of the three, but I wondered if any of you have any personal experience with these options, this style of carry or could suggest other holstered shirt companies I haven't identified. I appreciate your input.

I understand the advantages/disadvantage of a "holstered t-shirt" as compared to IWB, but it looks like an option I want to pursue/try with hot weather approaching. My work requires dress pants and a golf style shirt for the most part, so wearing the holstered t-shirt underneath the golf shirt looks attractive to me on the surface. I've looked at www.center-of-mass.com, the 511 shirt and the shirt offered through the Glock Store. The latter looks the most appealing of the three, but I wondered if any of you have any personal experience with these options, this style of carry or could suggest other holstered shirt companies I haven't identified. I appreciate your input.

This is my preferred way to carry. You can do this easily with any tuckable holster, such as a crossbreed, king tuck or m-tac, you can also try a remora holster.

Howdy,

I have 2 of the 5.11 shirts, black & white. They are worth themoney spent on them. I wore them when in North Carolina, during a recent vacation there, with just another short sleeve campshirt. No one knew I was carrying, except the Mrs. I could put two 1911 Colt in it and not show. Just my opinion.

jkrzos

This is my preferred way to carry. You can do this easily with any tuckable holster, such as a crossbreed, king tuck or m-tac, you can also try a remora holster.

I have a crossbreed IWB which I like to use in jeans (and like it alot), but for dress clothes, I'm not a fan. Regardless, I think you misunderstood my question. I'm referring to the t-shirts that have a "holster" sewed into the material under/below the strong side upper rib area. The golf shirt would then be worn over the top of the holster tshirt. Are you saying that is your prefered way to carry or are you referring to the crossbreed? If the first, which product do you use? Does your gun feel secure? Does your arm feel like it's rubbing against the gun and/or in the way? Would you feel comfortable running or biking with this set up?

I miss understood. You can either tuck in the undershirt with a crossbreed style holster, with the polo untucked as mentioned above. Or, with the remora you can tuck in your under shirt and then insert the holster, so the shirt rests between you and the holster, with a polo on top. I have a tuck holster and a remora, I prefer the remora. Eddie bauer sells extra long polos that go on sale frequently as well. I have no experience with the 5.11 holster shirts you mentioned, sorry.

Sent from my tactical multicam SCH-I500.

if you are active, you shouldn't be with out one. If you are wanting to carry at work and you sit at a desk all day then use a tuckable If you feel the need to carry in a situation where you might be jogging or running flights of stairs etc and don't want to be hiking up your pants all the time use the shirt. Just be prepaired to find cover before you draw they can be very slow to draw especially if you are broad in the shoulders.

How would this work out with my new Ruger Redhawk .45?

* Carthago delenda est *

I use a Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster for those special "dress for success" events.

A well made tuckable IWB works but becomes decidedly uncomfortable during a long day.

Truthfully, I don't worry about the tactical disadvantage of the slowed draw time using a tuckable IWB.

My favorite off duty cop story (no, this was told to me, it didn't happen to me)

The cop was in a convenience store buying cigarettes and wearing a Glock 19 in a tuckable IWB on his right hip. He was talking to the clerk when a perp walked in, stuck a gun in my buddies side and told the clerk to empty the register. My buddy, thinking quickly (and with his right hand already starting to pull his shirt over the pistol up) said,

"please don't take my money, I just hid it in my money belt, all $2,000 " The perps eyes lighted up and said something to the effect, "give me the belt" which justified his fumbing with his pants and pulling out his..... Glock 19 which he stuck right in the perp's face and screamed "SURPRISE!!!!" according to the clerk's statement to the police when they arrived.

The perp passed out right there. My buddy said the lights in his eyes just went out and he saw his eyeballs roll up as he went down. He said it looked just like an old time slot machine seeing his eyes rolling like that.

"Who cheats in a gun fight, wins"

"Who cheats in a gun fight, wins"

Nothing fair in survival of the fittest!

Too bad the bed wetting liberal enviro's can't seem to open their eyes to see how violent nature really is. Whatever that new documentary that's out there in a winter setting showing animals preying on other animals is made to look beautiful and humane somehow. It's anything but that. The little segment I saw showed a bull musk ox run over a younger male that was struggling to get away from a large pack of wolves so the rest of the herd could escape.

I understand our form of government and all where everyone is supposed to be equal, but in the real world the strong and educated animals almost always live to fight another day.

Archived