Taos

BigJim

Looks to be leaning heavily democratic. Just Google new mexico attorney general vs sheriffs to see how the gun laws are.

See http://electionresults.sos.state.nm.us/ and take gander.

Just got back from a trip to az and went through NM. Beautiful in the Northern part of the state but I won't even consider moving there...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I love New Mexico, especially the area around Taos. BEAUTIFUL country, great elk hunting (important to me ;) ) and nice people. However, NM, like many states, is dominated by the liberal policies of the large metro areas - in this case, Albuquerque. This is especially true because when you get out of the cities, the rest of the state is REALLY sparsely populated. Most of these areas are pretty conservative. There is frequent tension with law enforcement (sheriffs, etc.) in the conservative areas refusing to do the bidding of the liberals in the state government. To the extent that the liberals are able to impose their will (an open question, but a big risk for freedom lovers), then NM would not be my choice for relocation.

I love New Mexico, especially the area around Taos. BEAUTIFUL country, great elk hunting (important to me ;) ) and nice people. However, NM, like many states, is dominated by the liberal policies of the large metro areas - in this case, Albuquerque. This is especially true because when you get out of the cities, the rest of the state is REALLY sparsely populated. Most of these areas are pretty conservative. There is frequent tension with law enforcement (sheriffs, etc.) in the conservative areas refusing to do the bidding of the liberals in the state government. To the extent that the liberals are able to impose their will (an open question, but a big risk for freedom lovers), then NM would not be my choice for relocation.

Yep ever been to Austin TX, just try and find someone without colored hair and holes in there ears you could probably hand a rifle through to shoot.

The only good thing is the music, otherwise it would make a great tactical nuke testing ground.

Yep ever been to Austin TX, just try and find someone without colored hair and holes in there ears you could probably hand a rifle through to shoot.

The only good thing is the music, otherwise it would make a great tactical nuke testing ground.

I've been through Austin on my way from Dallas to San Antonio for work. That ^^^^ is the main reason Austin will not make the list of possible relocation points. I am actually a little worried that TX as a whole may be getting infected with California relos. Holding off on Texas until that shakes itself out a little bit. I am thinking about Tennessee, but will probably wait until my oldest gets out of college and see where she ends up. She has said for years that Illinois is not an option for her, so we've got that going for us.

Archived